Man City 3 Saints 0 reaction

Mr X

Cork was Ill, Morgan was injured.

Bringing on a CB and moving Toby to CM was really the only choice, even though not an ideal one. Other option would have been to throw an 18 year old in there, and that wouldn't have been an ideal situation. You need experience in games like these and it was still 0-0 at the time of the changes.

And Reed is 19 nearly 20. So when is it going to be ideal? Koeman doesn't seem to trust the youngsters. Reed wouldn't have been out of place today, and lets face it, he couldn't have played any worse than most of the team did today.

Whilst I can accept City are far and away a better side we played very poorly and shot ourselves in the foot for all 3 goals. The injury to Morgan and no Cork on the bench didn't help. I said it before and I will say it after this defeat. The fact we don't have the resources and squad size of the bigger teams is what makes it much harder to compete with teams like Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal over a 38 game season. We may give Liverpool, Spurs and Everton a run for their money though.

Beaten by a better team who took us very seriously. Expect more of the same against arse Utd and Chelsea.

First half was good we absorbed their early pressure and started to cause them problems.

Losing Morgan (why) was critical for us. City took over the midfield and our weak attack needs a strong midfield.

But hey things have been a lot worse than this.

Need to regroup and get some confidence back. This wasn't a cup game and will be forgotten with a few wins.

Lets be honest disappointing as this (and probably the next few games) is. I bet there isn't one of us who wouldn't have bitten someone's hand off if they had offered our current position back in August when the PL kicked off. Our great start has probably raised expectations unrealistically which is why this result feels worse than it should.

Victor poor today IMO getting a yellow card early on didn't help but he gives the ball away cheaply and he steamed into to many tackles when on a yellow. Not that we could replace him with Cork out with a virus and JWP injured we only had Reed....though it doesn't say much for Reed if we Koeman would rather play a CB than him in the DM position.

Disagree. I thought he had,a good game, apart from losing ball once or twice.

Whilst I can accept City are far and away a better side we played very poorly and shot ourselves in the foot for all 3 goals. The injury to Morgan and no Cork on the bench didn't help. I said it before and I will say it after this defeat. The fact we don't have the resources and squad size of the bigger teams is what makes it much harder to compete with teams like Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal over a 38 game season. We may give Liverpool, Spurs and Everton a run for their money though.

But we had Steven Davis playing and still lost..........

City are a very good side when they play like they did today. We helped them with so many poor touches and lack of movement. Let's hope we have sme players lined up to strengthen a bit in Jan. It did get on my nerves the commentator keep saying that there will be clubs after Morgan and Victor, I'm sure there will be but that could be true about a lot of players for all clubs

That was a f**king embarrassment.

i don't care who we are playing:.. 3 goals in 1 half, 2 against 10 men and a complete nothing performance.

Probably more of the same on Wednesday.

Bugger me. We got turned over by the reigning champions. Hardly worth crying over in isolation. We had chances. They took theirs. Thanks to some dodgy defending. More concerned about Morgan's injury and recovery for the Arse. Calm down.

Weird game where we didn't actually play that badly but lost 3-0.

City were clearly well up for it. Shame Bayern couldn't hold on midweek.

Once they got a goal and even after going a man down they were always dangerous on the break.

Not too fussed as we'll play worse than today and beat sides. We're not as good as Man City - shock horror. We can still finish in the top 4 as other than them and Chelsea the rest of the big teams are still struggling. The 4th spot in particular is well open.

We will definitely finish top 6 which is an outstanding achievement.

And Reed is 19 nearly 20. So when is it going to be ideal? Koeman doesn't seem to trust the youngsters. Reed wouldn't have been out of place today, and lets face it, he couldn't have played any worse than most of the team did today.

Thoroughly agree with you Darren. He doesn't trust the youngsters as did Atkins and Povhettino who both used Shaw and Prowsey against Man City home and away. Wasn't Man City away Prowsey's debut game in the Premier League?

Dreading going up the Arse now. We were well and truly found out today.

Not sure about the changes at half time not that it would have changed much.

Whats happened to Tadic and Pelle? Mane can't stay on his feet, but the most dissapointing is the loose passing,

wasted corners and free kicks.

In total, a different side from that of a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago we would have given City a game but for some reason

we are suddenly now looking poor.

Whats happened?

Thoroughly agree with you Darren. He doesn't trust the youngsters as did Atkins and Povhettino who both used Shaw and Prowsey against Man City home and away. Wasn't Man City away Prowsey's debut game in the Premier League?

Maybe he doesn't think Reed is quite ready for those kind of matches yet. When JWP was picked at City away for his debut all of us there were surprised but he ended up being just about our best player on the day. He has the composure and temperament to play Premier League football from a very young age. Personally I feel Reed should go out on loan in January to pick up some experience.

I thought we defended well until the unlucky deflection. City didn't trouble us too much until then. 2nd and 3rd goals came becuase city are quality(particularly on the break) and we were pushing for the equalizer(naturally.) Going forward we were half decent. We dominated the middle third for much of the game but lacked service and quality in the final third. Pelle is like lambert, he needs service and didn't get much today. Once city went down to ten men they crowded the middle and forced us into making mistakes, therefore we conceded on the break twice. Very disappointed after what I thought was a strong first half.

Poorest spell was just after Mangala was sent off. Really had a chance to put some pressure on them and we fannied about passing at the back and then got done for the second goal.

Was suprised that the players didnt seem to have a lot of belief, even at 1-0.

Just a bad day from a good team, against an excellent team.

I would have an absolute fit if the players stopped playing after 80 mins, so why oh why did so many 'supporters' walk out on the team after the second goal. It was an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment! If you walked out after 80 mins, please don't come back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Losing Morgan lost it for us. Would rather have seen Reed come in than Toshiba - the back 4 looked fairly solid and I would have preferred to leave well alone.

This. We looked all over the place at the back second half. Also think the incorrect yellow to Wanyama in first 10 mins meant he was not as effective as he could have been.

Horrific performance.

Wanyama got robbed several times during the game..

What has happened to our crossing.

Pelle and tadic bang out of form and can't be dropped as we haven't the replacements.

Ithought Wanyama was our best player, Tadic Mane and Pelle were very poor ,,,squad depth is a worry

Unsurprising and not the first time we've flattered to deceive - only difference is that this was against a decent side, not premiership filler. We do like to sit off teams whereas our past results against City and even QPR's performance against them showed the benefits of pressing them. The extra man in midfield, even before the sending off, should have been a foundation on which to close the space; instead it only added to our ponderous possession.

Just back from the game...

reminded me of the Chelsea game last year. Did ok for 50 minutes or so then got punished.

First half was tight. Thought Morgan and Big vic were excellent. City are a dangerous side and could have easily been in front. They looked like they could score every time they attacked.

First goal was always going to be crucial and should have put some money on Toure. Thought he was awesome today.

Davis (who had a good game) error led to the inevitable Lampard goal and that was that. Chasing the game and even after the sending off we looked like conceding more. Fair play to City, they are genuine title contenders on that form.

Mane was poor in the first half but much better in the 2nd. Would start Long on Wednesday though.

Poor games from Tadic and Pelle as mentioned elsewhere.

Looked a little bereft of ideas in the final 3rd. Poor crossing and woeful set pieces.

Toby can play anywhere imho. Class. MOTM between him and Vic which just goes to show how good Toure was.

A home loss to a team who will be pushing to retain their title. No disgrace there.

Liked the music at the end.

Let's stick together-Bryan Ferry.

COYS!

This. We looked all over the place at the back second half. Also think the incorrect yellow to Wanyama in first 10 mins meant he was not as effective as he could have been.

It was a booking and we looked relatively solid in the second half -apart from at set pieces- until we threw caution to the wind following the sending off.

Our best chance came from springing City's risky offside trap - other than that, it made little difference whether we were 1 or 3 down, we did create enough or look like scoring after they got their opener.

God I hate this forum on days like today.

We were beaten by the champions of England who had a player sent off who cost more than our starting line up. We lost our best midfielder at half time and had no cover. We are still third in the league and could quite easily beat Arsenal next up.

Get some perspective you simpletons.

Aguero did for us, just as Suarez did last year. A really quality player who caused us problems all afternoon.

City looked a very good team today, we didn't. As much as I would have liked it the other way around God didn't answer my prayers.....

Let's hope we play better on Wednesday.

Victor poor today IMO getting a yellow card early on didn't help but he gives the ball away cheaply and he steamed into to many tackles when on a yellow. Not that we could replace him with Cork out with a virus and JWP injured we only had Reed....though it doesn't say much for Reed if we Koeman would rather play a CB than him in the DM position.

What game were you watching.. Wanyama was our best player.. Tadic was shocking and Pelle spends too much energy arguing with the ref.

lets face it.. we were given a football lesson and we have too many players underperfroming at the moment.

Not the end of the world of course but the poor performances of Tadic, Pelle and Mané once again are a distinct concern.

Good call Cleaner.

Tadic was really poor as was Pelle and Mane and Davis and Forster who needs some coaching on where to stand when the ball is up the field and it's not on his goal line!!!! Didn't he or the management learn that at Villa????

If he is 10m better than Boruc then he must be something else in training!

Big problems lately... We do not close down - City and Chelsea do. The result is we got caught in possession umpteen times because they hunt in packs - we don't!

The reason we were caught out so many times was also the fact that we use the age old method of playing football - pass and stand still. Our player in posseession never had options - city always had about four! This meant as we stood off they just passed through us more or less at will....

So what coaching are we employing... This was not football played by us today this was dark ages Saints stuff hoping for something to happen - many of saw years of it but now rightly we expect something more thought through and structured....

We were poor today and the concern was our method of play as much as some very poor individual performances....

Lack of structure however puts the pressure on individuals to perform miracles ....

Lets be honest disappointing as this (and probably the next few games) is. I bet there isn't one of us who wouldn't have bitten someone's hand off if they had offered our current position back in August when the PL kicked off. Our great start has probably raised expectations unrealistically which is why this result feels worse than it should.

Excellent post. A bit of perspective is needed. We are only 14 points short of the magic 40 points and we are still in November. We should finish comfortably, if not in the top 10.

What game were you watching.. Wanyama was our best player.. Tadic was shocking and Pelle spends too much energy arguing with the ref.

lets face it.. we were given a football lesson and we have too many players underperfroming at the moment.

In the game I watched Alderweireld was I our best player by a mile he is way above the level of our team probably should be playing for Citeh HTBH even playing as a DM he was a class above.

Good call Cleaner.

Tadic was really poor as was Pelle and Mane and Davis and Forster who needs some coaching on where to stand when the ball is up the field and it's not on his goal line!!!! Didn't he or the management learn that at Villa????

If he is 10m better than Boruc then he must be something else in training!

Big problems lately... We do not close down - City and Chelsea do. The result is we got caught in possession umpteen times because they hunt in packs - we don't!

The reason we were caught out so many times was also the fact that we use the age old method of playing football - pass and stand still. Our player in posseession never had options - city always had about four! This meant as we stood off they just passed through us more or less at will....

So what coaching are we employing... This was not football played by us today this was dark ages Saints stuff hoping for something to happen - many of saw years of it but now rightly we expect something more thought through and structured....

We were poor today and the concern was our method of play as much as some very poor individual performances....

Lack of structure however puts the pressure on individuals to perform miracles ....

The thing is we did that last season didn't we? and still didn't really get results against the big teams and couldn't beat teams like Sunderland playing that way either.

The thing is we did that last season didn't we? and still didn't really get results against the big teams and couldn't beat teams like Sunderland playing that way either.

We outplayed City at our place last season - no reason why we couldn't get closer to those levels.