Song for Little Bournemouth

Essruu

After he success of our 'looks like a wotsit' song surely there must be a whole host of fruit based songs we can sing to insult the cherries

To their keeper

'Look like a gooseberry' hilarious if he is wearing green

To black players

'Look like a black current'

To blondes

'Look like a lemon'

Or if we really want to stick it to them we could take punnets of strawberries to our games waving them at them whilst singing

'Id rather be a berry than a cherry'

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

After he success of our 'looks like a wotsit' song surely there must be a whole host of fruit based songs we can sing to insult the cherries

To their keeper

'Look like a gooseberry' hilarious if he is wearing green

To black players

'Look like a black current'

To blondes

'Look like a lemon'

Or if we really want to stick it to them we could take punnets of strawberries to our games waving them at them whilst singing

'Id rather be a berry than a cherry'

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Strawberries aren't berries, you idiot! Berries are fleshy fruit formed from a flower with only one ovary. Strawberries are an "aggregate fruit" formed from a flower with many overies - hence the multiple seeds on the outside!

Bananas are berries though - if you throw one of those you'd be fine.

Well it's been such a long time coming

I thought you'd understand

That's over

Ahead of the lines

You'll be joining in the sand

Is it simple?

You were wrong

You must have known that we live down below

I know you thought I'd sold my soul

But you never told me to my face

I just had to leave you go

Blow this **** away!

Surely it's better just to ignore them until we play them, and give it an "ah, that's cute" when they get excited about the big 'rivalry'?

Ignore then patronise is the best course of action IMO.

Anybody buying 50/50 scarf deserves a slapping FFS.
Agreed. Saw someone wearing a Liverpool one in the Kingsland and was about to have a word until i realised it was a half and half.

Having said that, living in Poole and working in Bournemouth i might get a half saints half bmth scalf as i'm warming to them...although as stated on here several times, they dont like us one bit...

Well done Bournemouth I too have a soft spot for them since the days they were battling it out with Brighton at the top of the old Div 3 in the early 70's. We have always played friendlies there and loaned them players. We have had many successful players in common having signed up their renowned forward team of Ted MacDougall and Phil Boyer (although he came via Norwich) both of whom were very successful for both teams. We also got Colin Clarke from them too who scored a goal or two for us and lets not forget their current team has Saints connections through Surman, Boruc and belatedly Kenwyne Jones.

I think we should wish them well for the 36 matches not involving us! They are certainly not a Pompey when it comes to rivals.

In fact their rise to the top has been even more incredible than ours as it started one league further down with a 17 point deduction and a struggle to stay in the league at all (a bit like where Pompey are now). I think it is healthy in this day and age for our leagues to show that any team no matter how small or broke can one day make the top, it gives all small teams hope and stops their fans from migrating to the Chelseas Arsenals and Man u's.

You can see the change in Bournemouth town Centre where top 5 team shirts used to be so popular. From my viewpoint we should admire real supporters of the smaller teams for their loyalty and I'd rather see Bmth shirts in Bmth than Liverpool and Man U ones!

Personally I hate tossers who talk about "little Bournemouth". It's exactly the same as the skate muppets who go on about Pompey being a big club. BTW if I found out that Essru was my taxi driver I would get out and walk!

Edited by TopGun