Thank you Arnheim

ladysaint

I still haven't gotten over that experience. What a day Thursday was!! A great booze cruise over from Harwich on wednesday night was followed by my first example of local kindness when the lady at the Holiday Inn reception allowed me to check in to my room at 10:30am! That was a nice touch. After a power nap & some food came our trip to the square. What can I say that hasn't been said already on here? Outstanding! Chose to walk to the ground, that wasn't my best idea, won't do that again. After the game, back to the square & back on it with a bit of shirt swapping in for good measure! I finished the night singing "he's the Kenyan" on top of the statue of the aardvark outside the hotel!

Bit rude not to throw in a few beers in Amsterdam when you're so close so that took care of Friday. Now sat back at work wondering what the hell happened! That was amazing.

Hate to rub it in, but if you weren't there, you simply weren't there!

I even received a replied from the Arnhem council.

Dear madam Formby,

Thank you for your e-mail. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderfull time with us.

Kind regards,

Gemeente Arnhem

I got the same reply, except of course it was addressed to me! Just hope they do something with our messages other than deleting them.....

I still haven't gotten over that experience. What a day Thursday was!! A great booze cruise over from Harwich on wednesday night was followed by my first example of local kindness when the lady at the Holiday Inn reception allowed me to check in to my room at 10:30am! That was a nice touch. After a power nap & some food came our trip to the square. What can I say that hasn't been said already on here? Outstanding! Chose to walk to the ground, that wasn't my best idea, won't do that again. After the game, back to the square & back on it with a bit of shirt swapping in for good measure! I finished the night singing "he's the Kenyan" on top of the statue of the aardvark outside the hotel!

Bit rude not to throw in a few beers in Amsterdam when you're so close so that took care of Friday. Now sat back at work wondering what the hell happened! That was amazing.

Hate to rub it in, but if you weren't there, you simply weren't there!

The big red dragon shaped aardvark?