The great Wanyama debate....

georgeweahscousin

He usually plays well against the big boys, when we typically spend more time defending and he can break up the play. IMO he is not worth his place in the matches (particularly at home) when the onus is on us to dictate play. Romeu is far, far better on the ball. He also clearly doesn't want to be here. If we can get half-decent money for him in the summer then I'd happily sell.

Another thing that people need to realise about Wanyama is that because of the type of midfielder that he is, when we play games where we have the lion share of possession he'll always look less effective as his niche is recovering the ball and halting attacks. So some of the times someone has said 'wanyama has been anonymous' doesn't always mean he's had a bad game. Sometimes he's had a decent game and done everything right but we've just had the ball a lot.

Doubt it. He got a full 45 minutes of fans chanting his name in Arnham and just a couple of weeks later he didn't play due to kicking off about wanting to leave.

Exactly. We've given him plenty of support which incidentally he's never acknowledged with even the mere hint of a wave to the fans and he is often first off down the tunnel.

I don't expect him to be lapping the pitch David Prutton style after every game, but it would be nice if he occasionally gave us something which suggests he appreciates our efforts.

Our best player probably, though Mane will get the attention as he's a forward, but I think big clubs will come looking at him soon.

I actually think he's better technically then he appears to be, I just think mentally he switches off against lesser opponents and that often shows in somewhat lazy passing.

He'll go though, we'll get a good fee and we are reasonably well stocked in that position with the ability to add.

Exactly. We've given him plenty of support which incidentally he's never acknowledged with even the mere hint of a wave to the fans and he is often first off down the tunnel.

I don't expect him to be lapping the pitch David Prutton style after every game, but it would be nice if he occasionally gave us something which suggests he appreciates our efforts.

Well if he could be like David Prutton in any way then if Wanyama is going to get sent off please do it by taking an opposition player out properly and then go mental at an official afterwards. Do it properly.

Well if he could be like David Prutton in any way then if Wanyama is going to get sent off please do it by taking an opposition player out properly and then go mental at an official afterwards. Do it properly.

If he goes in the summer without decking an official first his legacy at the club will be incomplete.

Both him and Mane fit the buy, improve then sell philosophy of the Club. Make a few million enabling the club to A/make a profit and B/ reinvest.

The key element is that the nucleus of the team can remain to give us the continuity Saints need in order to continue our upward trajectory

So cash in and move on

Another thing that people need to realise about Wanyama is that because of the type of midfielder that he is, when we play games where we have the lion share of possession he'll always look less effective as his niche is recovering the ball and halting attacks. So some of the times someone has said 'wanyama has been anonymous' doesn't always mean he's had a bad game. Sometimes he's had a decent game and done everything right but we've just had the ball a lot.

In other words, he's sh*te on the ball and far too one-dimensional...?

If he goes in the summer without decking an official first his legacy at the club will be incomplete.

This, 100%. Preferably doing a Prutton in the last game of the season so he can't play the first 10 games of the next. That would be hilarious.

In other words, he's sh*te on the ball and far too one-dimensional...?

No. Where did I say that? He's had some good games but people have moaned about him being anonymous. That's because he hasn't had to win the ball back much.

One thing I will give you though is that his passing is terrible at times.