To boo or not to boo

Fitzhugh Fella

Particularly when there's only a few doing it. I think the booers should all stamp their feet as well for the full intimidating-tantrum effect.

It'll probably come back and bite us on the arse as usual.

There was more than just a few doing it Thursday !

My only contribution to booing was Winkgate. Losing 4-1 at FP was the worst performance ever I witnessed by a Saints team. I didn't join in on Thursday but I understand why it happened and note the team had good support until the final whistle. Long's reaction was unacceptable. A goal from him today after coming off the bench would be appreciated.

I don't boo often. Can't actually remember the last time I did. But at that final whistle they needed to know it wasn't acceptable.

They got very good support right the way through the game.

Yoshida looked hurt by it. VVD looked like he understood the reaction. Shane Long can just do one.

Special mention to the teenage scarfer who decided to give it the big one to anyone booing. You made me laugh at a really disappointing moment. Really embarrassed yourself :lol:

There was more than just a few doing it Thursday !

To be honest, it was more about today in my head, I lost track of the OP.

I fully understand Thursday's reaction, my language was quite industrial sitting at home in front of the TV. I was really just agreeing with the post that suggested grown men going "booooooo" is a bit strange.

Just one question, can anyone cite an example where booing has raised a teams/individuals performance and turned things round? I expect a number of us here have played football. Do you really think, if you are having a bit of a mare, that people getting on your back will make things better? If the crowd are truly the 12th man and are being overly negative, how does that help? Nothing wrong with feeling deflated and disappointed, but aging off the team you are there to support? Really, apart from making you feel better. how does that help improve the situation?

Just one question, can anyone cite an example where booing has raised a teams/individuals performance and turned things round? I expect a number of us here have played football. Do you really think, if you are having a bit of a mare, that people getting on your back will make things better? If the crowd are truly the 12th man and are being overly negative, how does that help? Nothing wrong with feeling deflated and disappointed, but aging off the team you are there to support? Really, apart from making you feel better. how does that help improve the situation?

You must have missed the bit where we supported the team thru 90 mins of turgid football first !

You must have missed the bit where we supported the team thru 90 mins of turgid football first !

People on here decide what they want to decide, and most of them don't go to games. I've travelled to all three games, have spent in the region of £2k+ and used a substantial amount of my holiday (as well as p*ssed off the missus). During every single game i've sung my heart out during the matches, even despite the number of tourists that were happy to stand around in silence at the San Siro taking selfies.

At the end of the game on Thursday i booed, and i gave them abuse too. Because quite frankly the whole European away campaign hasn't been good enough. I partly blame Puel's rotation for that, i partly blame the board not singing a striker for that, but i mainly blame the players on the pitch. Because during EACH of those games we should've won.

Now if you're going to sit infront of your TV and tell us that've made the effort what to do you can do one. Why don't you, instead of complaining at the fans that spend so much money and time, dip into your pockets and make the trip. Because there wasn't a SINGLE game in our European tour you couldn't have got tickets for, so you had no excuse not to travel.

Maybe if you did you'd understand why we booed, and you might even have joined in yourselves.

I guess you didn't go on Thursday. I guess you don't go to many games full stop. When, if ever, has our support booed the team during a game?

People on here decide what they want to decide, and most of them don't go to games. I've travelled to all three games, have spent in the region of £2k+ and used a substantial amount of my holiday (as well as p*ssed off the missus). During every single game i've sung my heart out during the matches, even despite the number of tourists that were happy to stand around in silence at the San Siro taking selfies.

At the end of the game on Thursday i booed, and i gave them abuse too. Because quite frankly the whole European away campaign hasn't been good enough. I partly blame Puel's rotation for that, i partly blame the board not singing a striker for that, but i mainly blame the players on the pitch. Because during EACH of those games we should've won.

Now if you're going to sit infront of your TV and tell us that've made the effort what to do you can do one. Why don't you, instead of complaining at the fans that spend so much money and time, dip into your pockets and make the trip. Because there wasn't a SINGLE game in our European tour you couldn't have got tickets for, so you had no excuse not to travel.

Maybe if you did you'd understand why we booed, and you might even have joined in yourselves.

Do you ever tire of mentioning what an uber fan you are?

Yeah everyone's consideration for expensive European trips is solely the availability if tickets.

And way you resent 'tourists' just show what sort of cnt fan you are.

Do you ever tire of mentioning what an uber fan you are?

Yeah everyone's consideration for expensive European trips is solely the availability if tickets.

And way you resent 'tourists' just show what sort of cnt fan you are.

Only mentioned it a handful of times around Europe when people like yourself where squinnying like first school kids at Xmas.

And I resent anyone that travels and doesn't get behind the team to be honest. Because we're there to support them, not to update Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only mentioned it a handful of times around Europe when people like yourself where squinnying like first school kids at Xmas.

And I resent anyone that travels and doesn't get behind the team to be honest. Because we're there to support them, not to update Facebook

Yeah mate - I'll be a Arsenal and Palace this week but won't be asking for the credentials of others as circumstances normally dictate whether people can go or not. I know die hard Saints fans who can't afford a ticket to a home game. I get that but won t laud it over them with a 'where were you... ?'

I guess you didn't go on Thursday. I guess you don't go to many games full stop. When, if ever, has our support booed the team during a game?

Harry and Burley had teams/players booed during play although the board may have been the intended recipients

Yeah mate - I'll be a Arsenal and Palace this week but won't be asking for the credentials of others as circumstances normally dictate whether people can go or not. I know die hard Saints fans who can't afford a ticket to a home game. I get that but won t laud it over them with a 'where were you... ?'

I wasn't lauding it over them either, just saying that if you don't go don't slag of those that did for being ****ed off. Because had you gone you might feel the same.

Pretty simple to work out really.

Sums it up perfectly for me and those I was with on Thursday.

Didn't the team get booed off at half time last season again Everton? We went on to lose 3-0, but I think we were 2-0 down and half time and playing really badly. Was only watching on telly, but it sounded like booing at half time. Have never experienced it at the actual ground.