Reed has failed Claude Puel...twice

Dusic

Puel is a yes man. Whatever happens, the board/management deserve and we better pray for a good outcome.

Cortese was ousted by Reed. And Reed has now removed all of the cortese era players. Aside from Yoshi, there is no first team players still at the club that Cortese signed... yet in the 3 years since he left we've sold Pelle and Mane that Cortese didn't sign. Given our turnover of players, that is a remarkable bias.

Really? How did he manage that then?

Gave him a squad in the summer with too few goals after not properly replacing Mane (or Pelle).

Then this window has somehow contrived to leave us with the weakest centre back options in the league (some Championship teams are stronger IMO).

Jeremy Wilson said in the DT live transfer blog yesterday that the club acknowledge VVD won't make the final so he has also personally reduced the chances of us winning silverware quite considerably.

He knows Puel is slightly underfire from supporters and has twice delivered him very poor windows to the extent that we have poor CB options, a totally unbalanced array of samey midfielders and an ecletic mix of forwards.

Feel for Puel who is being asked to do an almost impossible job of matching previous successee with an ever weakening squad lacking leaders and genuine quality. We won't won many games with Yoshida and Stephens at the back, it was hard enough with Fonte and VVD, one Euros winner and the best CB in the league.

That said, he toes the line. A Manager like Koeman wouldnt have stood for this sort of window and would be letting the club, media and fans know what a shower of **** it was. Puel won't do that, but I would have more respect for him if he did to a certain degree.

Reed has ruined this season and set us back in the long term but taking away all the momentum and good feeling that the club built up.

It is difficult to disagree with your post.

Reed was responsible for selling without replacing Mane and Pele in the summer. Gabbialdini should fulfil that role now. Meanwhile Fonte was sold without replacing with an experienced CB, so where we were weak upfront but strong defensively we are now suddenly and dangerously weak at the back. I've a lot of faith in Stephens and Yosh but they are an inexperienced pairing and Gardos has just returned from a major injury. It's going to be a steep upwards learning curve for the back four.

So let's look forward to an exciting, nail-biting run-in at the bottom end of the table. It's never dull to be a Saints fan.

Edited by eelpie

Puel is a yes man. Whatever happens, the board/management deserve and we better pray for a good outcome.

Cortese was ousted by Reed. And Reed has now removed all of the cortese era players. Aside from Yoshi, there is no first team players still at the club that Cortese signed... yet in the 3 years since he left we've sold Pelle and Mane that Cortese didn't sign. Given our turnover of players, that is a remarkable bias.

I will never forgive Les Reed for allowing Dan Harding, Danny Butterfield and Lee Barnard to leave. They should have never been allowed to leave. NEVER.

Seems there are a few people on here who don't understand what it is to be a football club supporter. It means you SUPPORT your club. Sniping and criticising isn't supporting, especially when its by people with no experience of running a professional football club or managing a top level team. Constructive criticism is another matter but anyone doing that needs some experience to base it on. In any case, it's unlikely the club management read this forum to get tips on how to do their jobs. The best thing fans can do is get behind the people running the club and behind the team by making their support clear.

So you don't think its possible to support and be critical at the same time?

Seems there are a few people on here who don't understand what it is to be a football club supporter. It means you SUPPORT your club. Sniping and criticising isn't supporting, especially when its by people with no experience of running a professional football club or managing a top level team. Constructive criticism is another matter but anyone doing that needs some experience to base it on. In any case, it's unlikely the club management read this forum to get tips on how to do their jobs. The best thing fans can do is get behind the people running the club and behind the team by making their support clear.

Can't agree with that. I know nothing about sculpting, and never done sculpting, but took one look at Ted Bates v1 and knew it was a ludicrous effort and laughed out loud for about a week. Seems we should have kept quiet and said it was great, like they do in North Korea?

Can't agree with that. I know nothing about sculpting, and never done sculpting, but took one look at Ted Bates v1 and knew it was a ludicrous effort and laughed out loud for about a week. Seems we should have kept quiet and said it was great, like they do in North Korea?

Double plus good !

I can't say I agree with much of what I've read from you on here but that is an excellent reply! Touché!