Olomola loaned to Yeovil (6 months)

SuperSAINT

Shows how despite fans on here asking for these lads to play in the first team after a few goals in the watered down U23 league that there is a huge, huge step to PL level.

The vast majority of our current U23s will do well to play above L1 level.

Shows how despite fans on here asking for these lads to play in the first team after a few goals in the watered down U23 league that there is a huge, huge step to PL level.

The vast majority of our current U23s will do well to play above L1 level.

Which I think has been the case for many years

I did not realize until yesterday that Olomola only has 6 months left on his contract. I wonder if Les & Co will try (or have tried), to get him to sign a new contract.

Would imagine we inform the players if we aren't going offer them new deals. Reading between the lines, I assume that's why Yeovil felt confident over landing Olomola on a permanent deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weird situation with Olomola.

Out of contract at the end of the season, doing well on loan but seemingly not wanting to join Yeovil permanently.

Now back at Saints but can't even get a start for the U23s because we obviously see Obafemi as a longer bet for us.

Olomola could be released end of season but surely mad for him to be at Saints instead of either Yeovil or somewhere else on loan getting regular league football?

Maybe his Agent turned down Yeovil thinking a better offer would come along and it didn't.

Weird situation with Olomola.

Out of contract at the end of the season, doing well on loan but seemingly not wanting to join Yeovil permanently.

Now back at Saints but can't even get a start for the U23s because we obviously see Obafemi as a longer bet for us.

Olomola could be released end of season but surely mad for him to be at Saints instead of either Yeovil or somewhere else on loan getting regular league football?

Maybe his Agent turned down Yeovil thinking a better offer would come along and it didn't.

Agree. It is slightly odd.

Should've gone back to Yeovil on a permanent. He soon would have gotten himself a move soon enough after banging in some goals for them over a longer period.

• 3 months later...