Relegation....how do we prepare as fans?

saint lard

I'm puzzled how you've reached that conclusion. We have 5 wins from 28 games... yet we are not in the relegation zone... other teams have a worse record than us.

probably because it is now silly season and there will be more unpredictable results ahead from teams around us.

granted, maybe 4 wins won't be needed, but I do think 10/11 points will- which would need us still seeing 3 wins and a couple draws.

There used to be such a great player/ fan connection a couple of years ago that has disappeared recently that hasn't helped matters of late.You could have looked out on the pitch and felt they were doing it for the fans

You can blame Les Reed, Les Reed, and Les Reed for that.... although his pay packets have been bumper so everyone is happy right?

probably because it is now silly season and there will be more unpredictable results ahead from teams around us.

granted, maybe 4 wins won't be needed, but I do think 10/11 points will- which would need us still seeing 3 wins and a couple draws.

11 points would equal 38 points

With 10 games to go 12 teams are at least 5 points below that figure (many significantly below), it is hard to see enough of them getting enough points where 38 points is the cut off, due to them all taking points of each other and the top 6 generally winning most games against the bottom 14.

Realistically, it will probably need 38 points to stay up. So that's 11 points from 10 games. Very very fine margins indeed, but we've been getting points at a slower rate than that (only just, obviously.) So it would require an improvement, or a couple of sides around us to do worse than us over the run in. I'd think it more likely we get a couple of wins and four or five draws to get the 10/11 more points we need.

There used to be such a great player/ fan connection a couple of years ago that has disappeared recently that hasn't helped matters of late.You could have looked out on the pitch and felt they were doing it for the fans

As much as you're likely to get s**t for this, I do think there's something in this. Do wonder if Saints marketing themselves as a stepping stone for players has lost a lot of squad balance and instead of a healthy mix, it now seems to be too many players seemingly only there to get a move away.

Call me negative but relegation could be a blessing in disguise. Gives us an opportunity to clear out the board, manager and redwood in the squad start bringing back the Southampton way of pressing attacking football, bed in a squad full of youth strengthen adequately across the squad with further youth talent and more importantly get a manager and board with passion and vision.
But with no money.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The job of a premier league club fan is to pay your money, turn up, spend more money, keep ya mouth shut and then **** off home, if you think that the club want you for anything else then you are seriously deluded. There is no connection, there is no say in how the club is run and they definitely don’t need you.

We are where we are because we are crap, our only glint of salvation is that there are a few teams who are crapper than us or on a par with our crappiness, we are just lucky that if we survive then it won’t be because we have turned a corner but more to do with the teams around us being absolute ****e and the whole league, apart from a couple of teams, being very weak.

So the way to prepare for relegation is to realise that all the bull**** sayings like ‘we march on’ and ‘the southampton’ mean **** all, we are just a club that will be happy to be mid table, sometimes flirting with the top 6 but mainly struggling to stay up, getting dragged into relegation battles and probably flip flopping between the prem and the championship.

Once you come to terms with that and stop being a complete ****wit who thinks that we will kick on to better things then you will be able to deal with relegation with ease.

We don’t march on and the Southampton way is to be a selling club that is mediocre, has no ambition but occasionally punches above its weight and also flirts with relegation.....that’s reality.