What if Swansea make up 9-point goal difference?

Singapore Saint

In the scenario you outlined with both on the same points and GD... Saints would stay up due to scoring more goals this season (27 GF vs 37 GF).

Swansea require a 10 goal swing in GD in order to stay up.

Not true if they score 11 goals and we don't get any... :rolleyes:

From Wales On-line, pretty funny:

"Bookmakers William Hill are offering odds of 100/1 on it happening, while others are even saying it's a 150/1 shot. The Swans are now 1/1000 on to be relegated.

To put the odds into context, you can get the same odds on Swansea staying up now as pop star Kanye West winning the next Presidential election, UFOs being proved to exist by 2020 and temperatures hitting 45c in the UK this summer."

I've got a fiver on it happening at 120/1 (Betfair Exchange, so the truest state of the market) which would cover the cost of my Championship season ticket, so win-win. Or lose-lose if you like...

Freak results have happened in the Premier League era, who can forget our favourite 8-0...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29580147

but not everyone is as crap as Sunderland were that day, and in this Sunday's case, the set of circumstances that would occur if such freak results are achieved, I would hope the FA and Premier League look into match fixing.

But anyway, it ain't happening. Enjoy the day and breathe a deep sigh of relief that the season is over, we survived despite being utter toss for most of it, and we don't get pulled apart by the vultures. I wish I could be at St Marys on Sunday, both sets of fans celebrating for different reasons.

Leslie Mark Hughes. Respect. Mauricio Pellegrino. Thanks but no thanks.