Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

Just now, egg said:

Nope, this is as simple as Raging Bull saying that his beliefs make him feel freer. You said that's impossible which is bollocks, and something that you can possibly question. How we feel is personal and subjective. You're staggeringly arrogant if you feel able to say that another person cannot possibly have feelings that they feel. 

We still need to know what he thinks he is free from. Perhaps he is delusional?

Just now, egg said:

We don't, I don't care, it's not about me. Or you. 

At no point have I said he doesn't believe he is free from something. I've said... we don't know what he things he is free from and as we don't know what it is we can't determine if he actually is free from it or just delusional.

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

At no point have I said he doesn't believe he is free from something. I've said... we don't know what he things he is free from and as we don't know what it is we can't determine if he actually is free from it or just delusional.

Jeez, your arrogance and/or lack of understanding has gone up a notch. 

I can't believe you have actually said:

"we can't determine if he actually is free from it or just delusional." 

We don't determine. We can't. It's not our place. Only he knows if he feels freer. It's a feeling. It's what humans have. He has a feeling of freedom from his belief. 

What's your test for determining if he is actually free? Obviously it'll be scientific. Please explain. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

MLG, i believe you have somehow have a girlfriend.  Do you love her?

1) Please try to not resort to petty insults

2) Yes, and I have an idea where you are trying to go with this and it is flawed

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

MLG, i believe you have somehow have a girlfriend.  Do you love her?

But if he says he does or does not, we cannot determine if he actually does or does not love her. Hopefully his scientific 3rd party feeling test will help. 

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

1) Please try to not resort to petty insults

2) Yes, and I have an idea where you are trying to go with this and it is flawed

It's very simple. You have called into question Raging Bill's ability to have a particular feeling. Turkish has questioned if you have a particular feeling. Seems a fair question in the circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Until we know what he is claiming to be free from a test cannot be devised.

What a shit answer. Complete cop out. 

I'll help you out. There is no test.

Nobody can or has any right to question if Raging Bull feels something or not. 

I get you don't agree with his beliefs, but that doesn't alter that he feels that his beliefs make him feel something. 

Just now, egg said:

It's very simple. You have called into question Raging Bill's ability to have a particular feeling. Turkish has questioned if you have a particular feeling. Seems a fair question in the circumstances. 

As we don't know what Raging Bull is saying he believes he is free from you can't make comparisons. Even if we did know it is unlikely to be comparable to love so is a complete non sequitur.

2 minutes ago, egg said:

What a shit answer. Complete cop out. 

I'll help you out. There is no test.

Nobody can or has any right to question if Raging Bull feels something or not. 

I get you don't agree with his beliefs, but that doesn't alter that he feels that his beliefs make him feel something. 

Utter nonsense 

1) In order to formulate what a test should consist of you need to know what you are testing for

2) We don't live in a religious totalitarian state, so I do have the right to question him if I want to

Edited by Matthew Le God

As we don't know what Raging Bull is saying he believes he is free from you can't make comparisons. Even if we did know it is unlikely to be comparable to love so is a complete non sequitur.

What's difficult to understand here? He feels freer from whatever he feels free from. That's a matter entirely for him. 

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

You can't make comparisons between two things if you only know what one of them is! 🙄

Nobody is comparing, just you. The principle is identical - humans have feelings which they feel. Love, anger, jealousy, freedom, etc. What we all feel and why is subjective. 

You know exactly what Raging Bull is saying. It's obvious. I've explained it. Because you don't have his beliefs you feel that he can't have his own feelings. 

How you can suggest that a third party cannot possibly have feelings which they feel is beyond belief. 

Neither you or he have explained what he thinks he is free from.

Jeez. It doesn't matter! He feels freer from whatever. It's a feeling that he gets. It doesn't affect you, in the same way that if you love or don't love your girlfriend that it doesn't affect me. Do you understand the simple point? 

Just out of interest, who here would actually want to go to heaven? I try not to think about the concept of infinity too much because by brain just can’t handle it and that would apply to any afterlife too. Even the most blissful paradise, where I get reunited with everyone I have loved dearest, would eventually become unbearable torture. I don’t mind the Hindu idea of reincarnation, not that I believe in it, but really I think ceasing to be self aware if probably the kindest thing for us.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Just out of interest, who here would actually want to go to heaven? I try not to think about the concept of infinity too much because by brain just can’t handle it and that would apply to any afterlife too. Even the most blissful paradise, where I get reunited with everyone I have loved dearest, would eventually become unbearable torture. I don’t mind the Hindu idea of reincarnation, not that I believe in it, but really I think ceasing to be self aware if probably the kindest thing for us.

I have no opinion on it. I'm not sure whether there is a heaven, hell, or whatever. That said, anyone who doubts there's some kind of life beyond, has never done a ouija board. 

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Anyone who doubts there's some kind of life beyond, has never done a ouija board. 

🙄

Really? Are you seriously suggesting ouija boards are something other than utter bullshit? 

Leprechauns? Ghosts? Walking on water? Loch Ness Monster? Turning water into wine? Fairies? Is there anything you won't beleive?

Edited by Matthew Le God

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

In one sense we are all eternal; every atom in our bodies has existed since the Big Bang, and will continue to exist until whatever effective termination the Universe will undergo. What was once a dinosaur became a mammoth, and is now posting on SWF.

1 minute ago, egg said:

I have no opinion on it. I'm not sure whether there is a heaven, hell, or whatever. That said, anyone who doubts there's some kind of life beyond, has never done a ouija board. 

Ouija boards are just a consequences of subconscious muscle movements. I saw Darren Brown do a stunt once where he asked a volunteer to think of a shop or building and keep it to themselves. He then took their hand in the middle of the city and they lead him right too it, despite trying their hardest not to give away any hints or movements. Interesting psychology but nothing paranormal.

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

🙄

Really? Are you seriously suggesting ouija boards are something other than utter bullshit? 

Leprechauns? Ghosts? Walking on water? Loch Ness Monster? Turning water into wine? Fairies? Is there anything you won't beleive?

Ooh, MLG getting spiky...and personal. Bless you. I believe what I saw. And no I can't be arsed to get into it. 

Just now, egg said:

If you ever do a ouija board you'll understand mate. Scared the shit out of me. Never again. 

Sorry but it's nonsense. People can believe whatever they want if it gives them comfort I don't care but I don't need to do something lie that to know it's bullshit. 

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Ouija boards are just a consequences of subconscious muscle movements. I saw Darren Brown do a stunt once where he asked a volunteer to think of a shop or building and keep it to themselves. He then took their hand in the middle of the city and they lead him right too it, despite trying their hardest not to give away any hints or movements. Interesting psychology but nothing paranormal.

How does walking around a city compare to a board? 

Don't get me wrong, you may be right, all I know is it was freaky. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Sorry but it's nonsense. People can believe whatever they want if it gives them comfort I don't care but I don't need to do something lie that to know it's bullshit. 

How it happens I appreciate is open to discussion. All I can say is things moved and it was weird. 

4 minutes ago, egg said:

How does walking around a city compare to a board? 

Don't get me wrong, you may be right, all I know is it was freaky. 

Ouiji boards are a commercial game invented in the 1890s to make money out of the gullible.

People make a fortune out of the gullible...! (so do churches)

Edited by Matthew Le God

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape