Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

8 minutes ago, egg said:

How does walking around a city compare to a board? 

Don't get me wrong, you may be right, all I know is it was freaky. 

Basically, the person was making tiny subconscious muscle movements they weren’t even aware of, which lead Darren in the right direction at every turning an crossroads. I guess with a ouijaBoard people will subconsciously do what they expect to happen. I have a very vague recollection of a doctor talking about a sort of anti-placebo effect. For example, if the governments top medical advisors told us all that wobbling heads was a side effect of Covid-19, some people would be turning up at A&E with their head wobbling uncontrollably. Subconsciously you do it because it’s what you expect to happen.

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Basically, the person was making tiny subconscious muscle movements they weren’t even aware of, which lead Darren in the right direction at every turning an crossroads. I guess with a ouijaBoard people will subconsciously do what they expect to happen. I have a very vague recollection of a doctor talking about a sort of anti-placebo effect. For example, if the governments top medical advisors told us all that wobbling heads was a side effect of Covid-19, some people would be turning up at A&E with their head wobbling uncontrollably. Subconsciously you do it because it’s what you expect to happen.

MLG needs to give his head a wobble. 

36 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Interesting. In my case names were spelt out which meant nothing to anyone present, all of us then kids. Also words in nobody's known vocabulary. If that's unconscious stuff, it's very odd, particularly when nobody really knew what to expect. 

11 minutes ago, egg said:

Interesting. In my case names were spelt out which meant nothing to anyone present, all of us then kids. Also words in nobody's known vocabulary. If that's unconscious stuff, it's very odd, particularly when nobody really knew what to expect. 

I don’t know the ins and outs of it, only that I’ve had seen the basics explained and that someone with a moderate understanding of psychology and human behaviour would be able to explain it more comprehensively.

The human brain is one of the least understood and most complex entities in nature. For example, last night I dreamt that I was a supervisor at a construction site where my assistant, a blonde lady called Christine, was explaining that none of the lifts were working. I went to inspect and the lifts hasn’t been installed - dozens of people in suits were just standing in the lift shafts waiting.

I’ve never worked in construction or with a woman called Christine but my brain managed to subconsciously come up with that nonsense out of nothing. I believe it’s easily possibly to subconsciously come up with names and words you’ve never heard of on a ouija board, even though I don’t understand how.

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I don’t know the ins and outs of it, only that I’ve had seen the basics explained and that someone with a moderate understanding of psychology and human behaviour would be able to explain it more comprehensively.

The human brain is one of the least understood and most complex entities in nature. For example, last night I dreamt that I was a supervisor at a construction site where my assistant, a blonde lady called Christine, was explaining that none of the lifts were working. I went to inspect and the lifts hasn’t been installed - dozens of people in suits were just standing in the lift shafts waiting.

I’ve never worked in construction or with a woman called Christine but my brain managed to subconsciously come up with that nonsense out of nothing. I believe it’s easily possibly to subconsciously come up with names and words you’ve never heard of on a ouija board, even though I don’t understand how.

All possible - I'm open minded about this sort of stuff. That dream though 😂

41 minutes ago, egg said:

All possible - I'm open minded about this sort of stuff. That dream though 😂

As long as people are genuinely open minded, that’s all I can really ask. The human mind and the origins of the Big Bang are two of the most fascinating unexplained phenomena in nature. To be honest I find it a little sad that some people are willing to simply say, "God did it," and leave it there.

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Did Christine have really big tits?

15 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

1) Please try to not resort to petty insults

2) Yes, and I have an idea where you are trying to go with this and it is flawed

Do you? How do you know? What tests have you put into practice to define your love? Is it actual love or are you just delusional? Have you and she provided sufficient evidence that your relationship is based on love, if so what was it?  What was evidential threshold did you set each other before you would confirm if it was love? I have every right to question your claims that you love your girlfriend and that you have provided substantial proof using the yardstick that you request from others where feelings and emotions are part of the equation. 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Do you? How do you know? What tests have you put into practice to define your love? Is it actual love or are you just delusional? Have you and she provided sufficient evidence that your relationship is based on love, if so what was it?  What was evidential threshold did you set each other before you would confirm if it was love? I have every right to question your claims that you love your girlfriend and that you have provided substantial proof using the yardstick that you request from others where feelings and emotions are part of the equation. 

What is it you want to compare love with? Because comparing love for a person that has evidence they exist is very different to anything related to a God who cannot be shown to manifest in reality! 

Edited by Matthew Le God

27 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

What is it you want to compare love with? Because comparing love for a person that has evidence they exist is very different to anything related to a God who cannot be shown to manifest in reality! 

You're completely missing the point. The subject of the feeling, ie God or your girlfriend, is immaterial. The issue is the individuals feeling/emotion i.e. love, inner freedom, whatever. That is a personal and subjective emotion.

If I met your girlfriend and concluded that nobody in their right mind could love her (I'm not saying that, no doubt she's lovely) it doesn't alter that you have every right to feel love for he, and nobody can or should doubt what you feel. 

Ditto if you don't believe in the God that Raging Bull does, it doesn't matter that he has a right to believe in that God and to feel certain emotions/feelings accordingly. 

The issue here is your erroneous belief that Raging Bull, or anyone else, cannot possibly have feelings or emoticons about something that it is intangible and/or you do not believe in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I said no such thing.

Don't be dishonest. You've consistently doubted Raging Bull being able to feel freer as a result of his belief.

You said "If you believe in and worship something like Raging Bull does with the genocidal God of the Bible then you aren't free from it."

You've then waffled on about some test to assess his feelings. You're all over the place. Just accept that humans have feeling and emotions that are personal to them.

6 minutes ago, egg said:

Don't be dishonest. You've consistently doubted Raging Bull being able to feel freer as a result of his belief.

You said "If you believe in and worship something like Raging Bull does with the genocidal God of the Bible then you aren't free from it."

You've then waffled on about some test to assess his feelings. You're all over the place. Just accept that humans have feeling and emotions that are personal to them.

You are twisting words yet again! 🙄

Saying someone 'isn't free from something they worship' is not the same as saying they 'cannot possibly have feelings or emoticons about something that it is intangible'. If you can't see there is a big difference between those two statements then I don't know where to start!

Edited by Matthew Le God

Have you ever had a feeling for someone else and then later discover that the person was not what you thought they were and ended up not having those feelings anymore? Those feeling were real, but ultimately did they have the meaning you ascribed to them at the time? So can you trust feeling as a fair judge of a situation?

On 24/07/2020 at 11:05, Matthew Le God said:

Im not comparing Love to anything, I’m asking you a few simple questions. For your feeling of love what tests and evidence did you set to prove it? What was the threshold for evidence you set to your girlfriend for her to prove her love for you and you for her? Was there an algorithm you used or a series of tests? You think  people need tests And evidence to prove their Own emotions so a little surprising if you haven’t applied similar Criteria to your own and those around you.

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Im not comparing Love to anything, I’m asking you a few simple questions. For your feeling of love what tests and evidence did you set to prove it?

Isn't the test quite simply 'something that is tangible'?

People love people (tangible, physical beings) but also animals (again, something that exists).  People also love chocolate pudding - at least whilst it exists before being eaten.  You can also love sport - both watching and playing.  I'm not sure you can love something that doesn't exist....

33 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Isn't the test quite simply 'something that is tangible'?

People love people (tangible, physical beings) but also animals (again, something that exists).  People also love chocolate pudding - at least whilst it exists before being eaten.  You can also love sport - both watching and playing.  I'm not sure you can love something that doesn't exist....

So are you saying MLG girlfriend doesn't exist? 

On 24/07/2020 at 11:05, Matthew Le God said:

26 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Responding to the original question by asking a question of your own is not answering it. A casual observer might be led to think that you’re trying to obfuscate the issue because you can’t provide an answer that you’re confident with.

Not every question is a valid question. That is why I answered the question with questions.

7 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

You could just say you can’t answer them, it’s fine.

I'll try again... not every question is a valid question and not every question has an answer.

An example... What texture is happiness?

Some questions are fundamentally flawed and built on false premises.

Edited by Matthew Le God

18 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I'll try again... not every question is a valid question and not every question has an answer.

An example... What texture is happiness?

Some questions are fundamentally flawed and built on false premises.

Somebody with synesthesia would be able to answer.

Well, there were a few. And they referred to you and your partner, so I guess the true answers would have to come from you and how you feel about her/him. I can’t answer for you, all I could do is provide my own answers based on my own situation. I’m just saying I’d find it fairly easy to ask the questions (shown below), especially when one is a yes/no answer. But again, you obviously find them too taxing to answer, which is fair enough if you struggle to come up with any answers.

For your feeling of love what tests and evidence did you set to prove it?

What was the threshold for evidence you set to your girlfriend for her to prove her love for you and you for her? 

Was there an algorithm you used or a series of tests?

55 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No they wouldn't.

OK, let me rephrase.. Somebody with certain forms of synesthesia would be able to answer. Some forms can cause sensory triggers from emotional stimuli.

Edited by badgerx16

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape