• Romeu
    • Smallbone
    • Redmond
    • Long
    • Ings
    • Armstrong
    • Adams

18 minutes ago, Mozz said:

I wonder if Ralph trusts Obafemi more with the off the ball side of his game plan.

It seems that since December Adams gets chucked on as a sub a fair bit ahead of Obafemi, but whenever Long is out injured it's Obafemi who gets the nod to start.

The thought process seems to be that Obafemi or Long should play alongside Ings or Adams which makes sense if you look at their attributes !

Two strong, willing runners and two hold up/drifting players !

Not saying that they are all of similar ability, just that it's important to get the combinations right !

Seems that Ralph and I are on the same wavelength 😎!

1 hour ago, Jimmy_D said:

I wonder if his bet with Salah is running again this season over which one will score more? It'd be an amazing achievement if Ings gets the Golden Boot, even more so without taking any penalties.

Is that because he doesn't take our penalties or we just haven't had any?! I don't recall the last one we got this season.

Having said that, if he is in line for the GB perhaps he'll take them IF we manage to get any in the last few games.

A very good performance, much more positive from the back four and central midfield when in possession, A lot less of the aimless passing that gets us into trouble. The emphasis was in making forward passes and runs. Vestergaard had a good game but I noticed especially when the cross came in for the own goal he tends to ball watch and not move. He should have been moveing to cut out Welbeck as Bednarek went for the ball but he didn't move. It didn't make any difference in the event but it is a major weakness and would be fatal against City etc.

We had 53% possession which was unusual in a good away win but I think that was more to do with Watford going long most of the second half reducing their pass count. It was a very good team performance. KWP, Romeu, Smallbone played well, Armstrong lifted us when we needed it. Adams looked a decent player with a lot more to his play than the one dimensional Obafemi.

To turn it around at home the defenders and central midfielders just need to cut out the disasterous keep ball and play on the front foot and like yesterday move the ball up to the attackers quickly. That in itself would be a game changer. KWP gives us a positive balance to Bertrand and Romeu / JWP played well together. I didn't miss PEH one bit.