An unwanted record shed...

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

How long in metres was the longest goal ever scored was a question on Richard Osman's House of Games recently. I got it spot on. The shock of it happening against us must have stuck it away in the back of my mind.

As for this latest effort, I didn't think a goal could be scored direct from a goal kick - a quick Google search proved me (not for the first time) wrong.

22 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

How long in metres was the longest goal ever scored was a question on Richard Osman's House of Games recently. I got it spot on. The shock of it happening against us must have stuck it away in the back of my mind.

As for this latest effort, I didn't think a goal could be scored direct from a goal kick - a quick Google search proved me (not for the first time) wrong.

and i was surprised to know what would happen if the keeper threw the ball into the opponents net (obviously from his own box, otherwise that would be handball).

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

Could be wrong, but I think Shilton scored one against us when he was at Leicester. It was so foggy that apparently he didn't know he'd scored

7 hours ago, Chocolate Box said:

He did, we lost 5-1, it was pissing down that day as well😱

It was a long drive back to Basingstoke in those days aswell............... i couldnt get my head round it.....engelbert humperdink on radio on way back last waltz.......priceless  nearly 7 yrs old ..............now 60.

12 hours ago, Roo1976 said:

It was a long drive back to Basingstoke in those days aswell............... i couldnt get my head round it.....engelbert humperdink on radio on way back last waltz.......priceless  nearly 7 yrs old ..............now 60.

Just as far back to Alton, being 15 didn't help much either, scarred for life.

• Like 1