Sam Wallace latest Saints Telegraph article

SuperSAINT

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Puel team at times played some attractive football. I was fully behind him and sorry he left. I think Im right in saying that he lost the majority of the goals from the previous season as Mane and Pelle  left. 

It seems in just 6 weeks or so Ralph who had very little criticism all of a sudden has now a torrent. Perhaps the power of social media and people stuuck at home being bored is starting to set in.

Not sure where we go from here

At the end of the day all that really matters is results. Ralph isn't getting them right now, injuries, tactics, covid. Whatever excuse he wants to use, results must change. The team look so deflated right now I'm not sure when that will be.

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

More excuses.

Firstly, this Ralph knows what he is trying to do, whereas Puel didn’t is just pony. Just because you didn’t like what Puel was trying to do, doesn’t mean he didn’t have a plan and a style he wanted us to play. Tactically he was miles ahead of what we’ve seen so far this year, particularly defensively as that really has been a shitshow lately. 

Secondly, if we lack the players to play a certain style, why on earth  are we playing it. Poch wanted us to press in his first few games, but when we started to look dodgy he changed slightly. He only went back into after he signed Victor the following summer. Being inflexible is not a strength in football management.

Thirdly, he’s had pretty much the same backing as the previous 3 managers, basically not a lot. However, there’s no slack cut to them.

For the avoidance of any doubt, nobody wants Claude Puel as manager instead of Ralph, some of us just want them judged fairly. Puel shit, Ralph good is just lazy pony, based on nothing but liking the personality of one, and not liking the other. Based on cold hard facts Puel did a better job, let’s hope this time next year the reverse is true. 

Maybe the main problem is you dont read peoples comments properly, I said "At least with Ralph I know what he is trying to do" 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Maybe the main problem is you dont read peoples comments properly, I said "At least with Ralph I know what he is trying to do" 

I thought it was quite obvious what Puel was trying to do. No idea about Hughes or Pellegrino though. 

We were very dull under Puel at times and turned in some rank attacking performances but he wasn't a poor manager by any stretch of the imagination. 

We could do with a couple of his soporific goalless draws at the moment!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Turkish said:

It’s not a diametrically opposed view, it’s a different view to the “Puel was shit and boring” bandwagon, jumped on by people who only chose to remember the last 7 or 8 games of the season and the Ber Sheeva game. 

It wasn’t just that though. The season started with a pretty drab 1-1 with Watford, our only goal coming from a corner. Then there was a trip to OT, which I’d never expect anything from other than maximum commitment. We didn’t even get that though, it was like a training match and we were quite happy to give them a gentle 2-0 win and keep the score respectable. Third game was Sunderland, another mediocre team at home who we rarely threatened until a Pickford howler five minutes from the end.

Then there was the European campaign, which started well against Praha but after that a couple of Virgil goals from set pieces were all we managed in the other 5 games.

• Like 1