San Marino 9-0 Saints - Post Match Reaction

SKD

2 hours ago, SKD said:

Because for it to happen once is bad enough, but twice is absolutely shambolic. 

If you seriously can’t see the difference to confidence, pride and reputation a record 9-0 defeat has over a standard 3/4-0 then let’s just end the discussion here. 

There’s a reason Ralph offered his resignation after the first one. 

This obviously means a lot to you. It must be the worst thing that’s ever happened to you. Possibly the worst thing that’s happened to the world. Ever.

It really isn’t important in the wider scheme of things. There’s a phrase for this.

It’s “Get a life”

12 hours ago, SKD said:

You don’t think that if a team like San Marino played the way Ralph sets us up, they wouldn’t concede an absolute load? Of course they would you clown. 

The only reason it wasn’t over 10 was because they had all 11 men behind the ball and made it as difficult as possible for us to break them down. Like we should have done against United at 3/4/5/6/7-0 down. 

Imagine space him behind them to attack if they tried pressing us and had very little discipline and defensive shape 😭

"Space him behind them to attack "

What the f### is that you loon? 🤣

Calm down dear and try to think a bit clearer.

If you actually think a team would actually lose 20 then you have voices in your head.👨‍⚕️

Your obsession is really beginning to show now, do as Whitey says " Get a life"

Edited by Chapel End

1 hour ago, Chapel End said:

If you actually think a team would actually lose 20 then you have voices in your head.👨‍⚕️

Clearly a typo caused by predictive text you weird little gremlin. 

If a premier league team can concede 9, then there is no reason a team full of part time players wouldn’t concede a significant amount more playing the same way we do with significantly worse players. 

It’s an irrelevant and boring argument because it’ll Never happen due to the way they set up. Something Ralph could learn. 

You disagree and fail to see any faults in your little boyfriend. Which is fine. He’s not gonna let you suck him off, no matter how much you defend him on the internet. 

Unbelievable that despite being shown to be an already banned user and continuing your old tricks that got you banned first time the Mods haven’t done anything about it. Especially as you continually try and mock mental health 🤷🏻‍♂️

My mental health is fine but it’s a serious issue, especially in men. So if you want to continue trying to mock it and the mods are going to let you do so, feel free to DM me and I’ll educate you on it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chapel End said:

I have played in a lot of very poor teams and I played my full part in their thrashings. It is actually very difficult for any game to end 20 - nil. There isn’t enough time to run up one end and score and then walk back again. Especially if the team being beaten plays for time.

When I said “Get a life” it was a typo. I ought to have said “Get a wife” ;)

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I have played in a lot of very poor teams and I played my full part in their thrashings. It is actually very difficult for any game to end 20 - nil. There isn’t enough time to run up one end and score and then walk back again. Especially if the team being beaten plays for time.

When I said “Get a life” it was a typo. I ought to have said “Get a wife” ;)

20 was clearly an exaggeration, but if he can get a PL team to ship 9, twice, with his lack of attention to setting up defensively when the going gets tough, then It’d be a significant more for a team of part time plumbers against an elite team.  

You may have played for bad teams, but you’ve never played for a bad team against and elite team, have you. 

Like I said, an irrelevant argument. It’ll never happen as they’ll never set up in the same way that we do. So I will leave it there. 

22 minutes ago, SKD said:

20 was clearly an exaggeration, but if he can get a PL team to ship 9, twice, with his lack of attention to setting up defensively when the going gets tough, then It’d be a significant more for a team of part time plumbers against an elite team.  

You may have played for bad teams, but you’ve never played for a bad team against and elite team, have you. 

Like I said, an irrelevant argument. It’ll never happen as they’ll never set up in the same way that we do. So I will leave it there. 

Well actually I have in a few cup games. At least they were ‘elite’ to us. Funnily enough these weren’t the thrashings. 

I also played once at right back for the All Stars football team. Bill Oddie was centre forward. And Ed ‘Stewpot’ Stewart was in goal. The others were nobody I had ever heard of.

The defeat at Old Trafford was a totally different sort of game to the one against Leicester. It was in 86 minutes that Bednarek was wrongly sent off and the score was 6-0. So a criminally awarded penalty and the two more goals in injury time made it 9-0. What could any manager have done after that incident and why does it matter?

As you say, let’s let it rest, but I still don’t get why you feel the need to pursue this vendetta against Ralph. In the interests of openness I think you should let us all know what you personally stand to gain out of this?

21 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

but I still don’t get why you feel the need to pursue this vendetta against Ralph. In the interests of openness I think you should let us all know what you personally stand to gain out of this?

Appreciate it may come across as a vendetta, but that’s not the case. 

I do like Ralph I want him to succeed, I like what he’s done with us in parts, I enjoy the style we play. However we are either very good or very bad. I don’t buy in to the hysteria he gets and I think he’s just an average manager. About our level.  

I do however think it’s astonishing that he is seeming under 0 pressure, despite an truly awful run and 2 record breaking defeats. I don’t fully blame Ralph for the big defeats, the players need to look at themselves as well. However, he certainly could have done more to prevent it. Him being under no pressure is it’s more an issue with the state of the club than Ralph though. 

The ownership and business model we have and operate is an absolute joke. However, people blaming Gao for Ralph’s tactical failings doesn’t sit well with me. 

You can blame the runs on injuries, but let’s remember Ralph wanted a smaller squad (his words) and he failed to adapt to the right schedule by adapting his high intense system. That’s very poor management for me. 

I can’t believe that these huge losses are just brushed under the carpet on here, I don’t think people realise or more so want to admit how bad they actually are. A premier league team to lose 9-0, twice in 2 seasons is beyond terrible. 

Tactically, I think he’s very naive and far to stubborn. I don’t think he has any real plan B and is far to late to react in game. Essentially, everything has to be right for us or we’ll get a hiding. 

Defensively, I think we are very bad. Far too open and absolutely no leadership back there (not his fault). 

Is Ralph the right man for us? I’m not sure. I think he’d do very well at a club with deeper pockets than us, where he can change the players to suit his system and it won’t become predictable. He’d be a great fit for someone like Chelsea. 

The notion that ‘we can’t do better’, I don’t agree with. Especially currently, we probably couldn’t do worse to be honest. I think even I could set the team out for the last 12 games, with those fixtures, and we’d end up with the same points or more. 

I don’t stand to gain anything but after all, this is a football forum and I am putting my point across. For me, unless we win a cup or get in to Europe etc Ralph’s reign will always be remembered for 2 9-0 defeats. 

Edited by SKD

1 hour ago, SKD said:

Clearly a typo caused by predictive text you weird little gremlin. 

If a premier league team can concede 9, then there is no reason a team full of part time players wouldn’t concede a significant amount more playing the same way we do with significantly worse players. 

It’s an irrelevant and boring argument because it’ll Never happen due to the way they set up. Something Ralph could learn. 

You disagree and fail to see any faults in your little boyfriend. Which is fine. He’s not gonna let you suck him off, no matter how much you defend him on the internet. 

Unbelievable that despite being shown to be an already banned user and continuing your old tricks that got you banned first time the Mods haven’t done anything about it. Especially as you continually try and mock mental health 🤷🏻‍♂️

My mental health is fine but it’s a serious issue, especially in men. So if you want to continue trying to mock it and the mods are going to let you do so, feel free to DM me and I’ll educate you on it. 

You have no idea who i am but crack on with trying to get me banned just because i call you out on your crap, however pathetic is that...?

One thing you are right on is about mental health and i fully agree it is serious stuff and i have experience in it, so i will apologise for that but will you apologise for some of the cretinous insults you have thrown at me and others on this forum?  Mmmmm i wonder??

Despite you being very devisive and confrontational on here by going go out of your way to wind others up, i would not call for you to be banned because that decision rests with others.

So for the very last time before i put you on ignore, I am not who you think i am so give it a rest for everyones sake.

1 hour ago, SKD said:

Appreciate it may come across as a vendetta, but that’s not the case. 

I do like Ralph I want him to succeed, I like what he’s done with us in parts, I enjoy the style we play. However we are either very good or very bad. I don’t buy in to the hysteria he gets and I think he’s just an average manager. About our level.  

I do however think it’s astonishing that he is seeming under 0 pressure, despite an truly awful run and 2 record breaking defeats. I don’t fully blame Ralph for the big defeats, the players need to look at themselves as well. However, he certainly could have done more to prevent it. Him being under no pressure is it’s more an issue with the state of the club than Ralph though. 

The ownership and business model we have and operate is an absolute joke. However, people blaming Gao for Ralph’s tactical failings doesn’t sit well with me. 

You can blame the runs on injuries, but let’s remember Ralph wanted a smaller squad (his words) and he failed to adapt to the right schedule by adapting his high intense system. That’s very poor management for me. 

I can’t believe that these huge losses are just brushed under the carpet on here, I don’t think people realise or more so want to admit how bad they actually are. A premier league team to lose 9-0, twice in 2 seasons is beyond terrible. 

Tactically, I think he’s very naive and far to stubborn. I don’t think he has any real plan B and is far to late to react in game. Essentially, everything has to be right for us or we’ll get a hiding. 

Defensively, I think we are very bad. Far too open and absolutely no leadership back there (not his fault). 

Is Ralph the right man for us? I’m not sure. I think he’d do very well at a club with deeper pockets than us, where he can change the players to suit his system and it won’t become predictable. He’d be a great fit for someone like Chelsea. 

The notion that ‘we can’t do better’, I don’t agree with. Especially currently, we probably couldn’t do worse to be honest. I think even I could set the team out for the last 12 games, with those fixtures, and we’d end up with the same points or more. 

I don’t stand to gain anything but after all, this is a football forum and I am putting my point across. For me, unless we win a cup or get in to Europe etc Ralph’s reign will always be remembered for 2 9-0 defeats. 

Thanks for your extensive rely.

I think you are expecting too much of any manager for that defeat at Old Trafford. As I pointed out earlier, the penalty was effectively cancelled the next day even if the record books won’t show that but at that stage of the game I don’t know what you think he should or could have done.

Most of us can see it for what it was, a heavy defeat of around the six-nil level. Even Liverpool let in seven at Villa.

Personally I blame the players. How many of that Leicester team are still with us and playing regularly?

I’m not one to whinge and moan, rather I believe in constructive criticism myself.

Edited by Whitey Grandad
Pressed ‘submit’ too soon.

22 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Thanks for your extensive rely.

I think you are expecting too much of any manager for that defeat at Old Trafford. As I pointed out earlier, the penalty was effectively cancelled the next day even if the record books won’t show that but at that stage of the game I don’t know what you think he should or could have done.

Most of us can see it for what it was, a heavy defeat of around the six-nil level. Even Liverpool let in seven at Villa.

Personally I blame the players. How many of that Leicester team are still with us and playing regularly?

I’m not one to whinge and moan, rather I believe in constructive criticism myself.

Whilst I do agree circumstance did play a massive part in the defeat, I do also think leaving 3 (4 including Armstrong) on the pitch, with Ings and Djenepo playing L/RM was absolute suicidal. Ramsey was a lamb to the slaughter with Djenepo offering absolutely no cover at all. 

At 3-0, I’d have gone straight to a back 5 and hooked off Adams and just left ings up top alone. It was obvious to every that at 3-0 it was going to get out of hand. 

4 hours ago, SKD said:

Whilst I do agree circumstance did play a massive part in the defeat, I do also think leaving 3 (4 including Armstrong) on the pitch, with Ings and Djenepo playing L/RM was absolute suicidal. Ramsey was a lamb to the slaughter with Djenepo offering absolutely no cover at all. 

At 3-0, I’d have gone straight to a back 5 and hooked off Adams and just left ings up top alone. It was obvious to every that at 3-0 it was going to get out of hand. 

But what would that have achieved and what would anybody have learnt?

Think of it as a training lesson for all concerned. The result was unimportant by then. ‘Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb’

7 hours ago, Chapel End said:

You have no idea who i am but crack on with trying to get me banned just because i call you out on your crap, however pathetic is that...?

One thing you are right on is about mental health and i fully agree it is serious stuff and i have experience in it, so i will apologise for that but will you apologise for some of the cretinous insults you have thrown at me and others on this forum?  Mmmmm i wonder??

Despite you being very devisive and confrontational on here by going go out of your way to wind others up, i would not call for you to be banned because that decision rests with others.

So for the very last time before i put you on ignore, I am not who you think i am so give it a rest for everyones sake.

Who does he think you are?

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Think of it as a training lesson for all concerned. The result was unimportant by then. ‘Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb’

There are plenty of reasons to try not to lose 9-0 pal

3 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Utterly absurd statement.

If all teams went into matches thinking "might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb" then there would be countless nine-nils up and down the country where teams that are three down with twenty minutes to go just stop trying and let the opposition do what they want. 

Yeah fuck it. Three nil, four nil, just let it go to nine  we've lost anyway, "might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb" as the manager said at half time. Stop trying lads, screw it.

Edited by CB Fry

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Who does he think you are?

How dare you assume my gender in 2021 😡 but It’s always_sfc. I’ve rumbled him and he’s in denial. 

He gave himself up when he continued to use the same line that Always made about a comment I made in 2017 about Bertrand leaving. Pretty much word for word. 

‘Chapel_End’ only joined in March 2020, conveniently the same day Always made his last post. So How he’d know about a post I made in 2017, I’ve no idea. 

Basically he’s been caught out. He’s denying it because he/him is afraid that the mods will ban him 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You don’t understand why it might be a good thing to try not to lose 9-0? Okay then bruv 

He just see’s it as 3 points lost and no different to a 2/3-0 loss. Crazy. 

24 minutes ago, SKD said:

How dare you assume my gender in 2021 😡 but It’s always_sfc. I’ve rumbled him and he’s in denial. 

He gave himself up when he continued to use the same line that Always made about a comment I made in 2017 about Bertrand leaving. Pretty much word for word. 

‘Chapel_End’ only joined in March 2020, conveniently the same day Always made his last post. So How he’d know about a post I made in 2017, I’ve no idea. 

Basically he’s been caught out. He’s denying it because he/him is afraid that the mods will ban him 😂

Ah good skills. Makes sense. Always was a wierdo, proper cheerleader who would jump on any negative comments. Apologies for assuming their gender. I hope this post won’t be used against me in 8 year times when by the society will have moved on and no one will be referred to as him or her. The gender intolerance will be a thing of the past 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

On 25/03/2021 at 22:42, Chapel End said:

Wow the Turkish/SKD double act is everywhere. 

To be honest in think SKD is just trying to impress Turkish but in all honesty he's out of his league.

He should just stick to his odd comparisons like the incredible PFC to SFC one,that's a cracker 🤣

I’m the obsessed stalker 🙄 

Dont step into the kitchen ‘always’ if you can’t handle the heat, son. 

Bless you, you even made a thread about me 😂😂😂😂😂😂 100% scared that the mods will get to this account as well. 

C31F72C9-1E23-433B-9F82-C20C9D529E41.jpeg

Edited by SKD

28 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Ah good skills. Makes sense. Always was a wierdo, proper cheerleader who would jump on any negative comments. Apologies for assuming their gender. I hope this post won’t be used against me in 8 year times when by the society will have moved on and no one will be referred to as him or her. The gender intolerance will be a thing of the past 

🥱

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Utterly absurd statement.

If all teams went into matches thinking "might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb" then there would be countless nine-nils up and down the country where teams that are three down with twenty minutes to go just stop trying and let the opposition do what they want. 

Yeah fuck it. Three nil, four nil, just let it go to nine  we've lost anyway, "might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb" as the manager said at half time. Stop trying lads, screw it.

I was referring to the 85th minute.

7 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I was referring to the 85th minute.

The post you replied to originally references us being 0-3 down, which was half an hour into the match, so I was being generous.

But 85th minute then: So that's when teams should just completely give up? OK, fair enough.

Strange that more teams don't lose nine nil if you think they should all just give up if they're behind at at 85 minutes? It should really be much more common if everyone followed your sheep/lamb concept.

Edited by CB Fry

7 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I’m glad the muppet show is alive and kicking again. It’s what Bearsy would have wanted. 😢

It’s what happens when you allow banned users to return under new log ins, getting up to their same old tricks 😡