African Cup of Nations

jawillwill

I'll confess, I've done zero research regarding which teams have actually qualified for this  but know its due to be held in January/February. Apparently its at risk of being cancelled due to infrastructure problems on Cameroon though.

On the face of it, if cancelled , I assume it would be beneficial for Saints (with Salisu/Djneppo being here).

AFCON_PLAYERSTable-1.png

Would be beneficial for a lot of teams if it got cancelled! 

Liverpool would be impacted most I would say with Salah/Mane, others could just about cope though Aubameyang, Zaha, Ndidi are big for their clubs. Benrahma/Mahrez/Cornet/Dennis (for Watford) shout out too.

Others could perhaps just about cope.

22 hours ago, Mystic Force said:

Best name in that list has to be Marvelous Nakamba. That's an awesome name! But agree Liverpool would have a big miss there.

Seems to be a Zimbabwean thing, we have relatives in South Africa and a large number of folk from Zimbabwe come over the border for work and these names are pretty much their badge of origin. Stayed in a Lodge in the Karoo en route to Cape Town, as we pulled up to the Lodge a smartly dressed chap greeted us " Hello I'm Brilliant - Welcome", not much pressure on him from his Mum and Dad, but he certainly lived up to his name.