Time for a front sweeper?

Dusic

As we have started to concede more soft goals I wonder if its time for a front sweeper who can defend all across the pitch and stop goals from going in?

Romeu is too slow, Stephens too error prone and Lyanco too hyped. Seeing as he isnt playing much, I think Perraud could play this role well, as was once mooted for Frazer Richardson.

------------McCarthy-------------

TL -------JB-------MS-------KWP

<<<<<<<<<<Perraud>>>>>>>>>

----------JWP--------OR--------

ME-------------CA--------------AA

• Haha 1

I wonder about JWP there - has a great engine to cover the full-backs so they have licence to attack and provide width, and he would have more time on the ball to develop his long-passing game (which he shows fleetingly, but seems to have all the technical attributes to develop); Oriel and Diallo should then dovetail effectively as CMs.

1 hour ago, benali-shorts said:

I wonder about JWP there - has a great engine to cover the full-backs so they have licence to attack and provide width, and he would have more time on the ball to develop his long-passing game (which he shows fleetingly, but seems to have all the technical attributes to develop); Oriel and Diallo should then dovetail effectively as CMs.

Brings back memories of Beckham playing "Quarterback" for England.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dusic said:

As we have started to concede more soft goals I wonder if its time for a front sweeper who can defend all across the pitch and stop goals from going in?

Romeu is too slow, Stephens too error prone and Lyanco too hyped. Seeing as he isnt playing much, I think Perraud could play this role well, as was once mooted for Frazer Richardson.

What's your goals per minutes played ratio?

4 hours ago, Dusic said:

I well remember Reuben Agboola being very effective as a sweeper, but I’m not familiar with the term front sweeper, can you give an example of someone who plays in that role. I was thinking about a sweeper myself, I thought Lyanco would be really good in that role, pace and good on the ball. Romeu would be good further forward IMO  

Edited by Toussaint

42 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Anyone know our stat on chances conceded from false 9s within 35 yards of the penalty spot? I reckon if it's fairly high and the answer to every question about who should play somewhere is Tino, make Tino front sweeper now Ralph

I am more concerned with our stats on chances conceded when your keeper has a combination of bricks for hands and chocolate wrists

Liveramento sounds Italian so making him the Libero is a great idea