Rishi Sunak

Yorkshire Saint

1 minute ago, richardc said:

How's Europe going?

Apart from Italian, Greek and Spanish bonds blowing out

Euro f**ked

Energy crisis about to lead to rationing and blackouts

Food crisis about to kick in

Rampant inflation but can only raise interest rates to 0% meaning it will get worst

Germany the only solvent country about to go into recession and crippled due to energy reliance on Russia 

ETC 

Very good summary. Including Boris 4 EU leaders have had the chop. Particularly amused by Germany imposed sanctions on Russia which backfired spectacularly. Putin has told them they will get 20% of the Gas they were going to get before the sanctions. 😂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

In an attempt to keep this thread football related...

It's obvious Rishi's a Saints fan - he's going to finish runner up rather than champion.

He's wangled his way into one of the most expensive schools in the country and ended up marrying into a billionaire's family.  This is more Man City than Saints (other than perhaps the Marcus rescue period) so I think a bit of envy and bitterness is to be expected.

My issue with him having a position of power is that he's too detached from the reality facing the people he's serving.  Which is one of the issues I have with club owners' ability to do act in the best interest of fans.  They just don't get it.

Finally he's a tory, which in my mind makes him like Liverpool.  No matter what they do I can't help remembering how they were in the 80s and hating them for it.

I don't know much about either of their politics. But he's a Southampton boy and comes from a solid family background that valued education, hard work, and sacrifice as tools to get ahead in life. That's enough for me. Agree though, the Southampton way is to come runner up 🤣

Edited by Saint86

48 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Lifelong Saints fan and regular at St Mary's. His Mum was ran a Chemist's and his Dad a GP in Southampton. Grew up here, went to Uni here, what's not to like. OK, schooled at Winchester but good on his parents for scrimping to give him the chance. 

I paid more tax under that goon than I ever have before. Thats whats not to like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Same thing right...

Interesting how politicians lean on football to try and seem more relatable, like David Cameron supporting Aston Villa, or was it West Ham!

Would love to know which Curry house he waited in, the dizzy heights of Coriander Lounge or Kutis, or is he a Manzils fan...

It was Kuti's. His father is a friend of the owner who has known them since Rishi was born. When he was older Rishi used to help out with the waiting although to be fair he didn't do it for money but because he liked to meet people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manji said:

Very good summary. Including Boris 4 EU leaders have had the chop. Particularly amused by Germany imposed sanctions on Russia which backfired spectacularly. Putin has told them they will get 20% of the Gas they were going to get before the sanctions. 😂

Nice Putin ally eh? Id much rather be on the side of Europe than your bum boy whose currently slaughtering children 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Did you get your furlough money okay?

Be interested if the additional help for fuel bills gets paid without issue to old warrior saint.  

also, did the little extra to assist with council tax get to him I wonder?

15 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Nice Putin ally eh? Id much rather be on the side of Europe than your bum boy whose currently slaughtering children 

They don't seem to have thought through these sanctions though have they? Seem to be hurting us more and just revealing how reliant many countries are on Russian energy, particularly Germany, this coming winter could be about to get much worse. 

Back to Sunak, I'm not sure he'll win and to be honest it's not a great time to become PM, economic turmoil caused by factors mainly out of our control going to be a tough job. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

That's quite a homophobic term for the wokest member of the forum!

Or are you trolling from the wrong account?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

His parents had a chemists near the university. 

heard he used to run riot round the flower estates during the summer holidays and regularly bring his mob of Winchester college lads down for scraps with the Cantell Chaos Krew. 

Once got a caution for selling knock off defective johnnies to the students, and was involved in that dust up at Charlton station a few years back.  Very slick persona and only 5ft 2 but hard as nails - used to go by the name Slasher Sunak.

• Haha 1