£126m Spent

once_bitterne

Yeah Lavia has been excellent

abk has been very good.

outside of that. Far too many attempts to be too clever.

tall Paul looks at winning aerial duels& holding the ball up but if you are playing crab football then less so.

sulemana, looked bright under jonesball but under the return to Ralph ball where we don’t seem to value pace much less he has looked flat. My main issue with his signing is splurging a massive fee on a pacey winger (when we already had one on our books who’d shown flashes in Prem and is tearing up championship) let’s hope he’s willing to play in champ.

edozie, there’s a player that really needs a season’s loan in the champ to develop. Well he’ll probably get it next season with us.

dcc. Weird is all I can say. We looked to be improving with him at cb. Then he gets the red card and disappears and we are now using shitnarek instead.

orsic, weirder. I thought signing a 30 yr old was odd. But signing one who isn’t deemed ready for Prem is plain bizarre.

alcaraz, looks like he might score, then scores and then is disappeared under this return to unthreatening shape. Really hoping we go back to 3 in mid and he can deliver on that early promise.

mara, very odd flashes of potential. Seems a lot of money for that though. Hopefully he can develop next season.

bazanu, bad signing, like others signing a league 1 kid and expecting him to float in our team was crazy. He may develop despite this season’s effect Ray or may be that someone else will buy him because he’s young and think he’s the next rams dale 

larios,garbage signing. Like some others think he’ll get eaten alive in champ. Will end up probably having an ok career in Spain. Also odd as Payne impressed in league cup and then club bought kid to block his path.

Edited by Baird of the land
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Doctoroncall said:

Playing catch up from four seasons of under investment was never easy and to then focus on young up and coming players is always high risk strategy as we are finding out.

It seems SR are not worried about relegation and the recruitment strategy will remain the focus. 

But I would have thought it would have been a better learning environment to have a Leno, Mee and a Romeu (or replacement) to help integrate the younger players to the harsh reality of the PL. 

I think that's fair, let's not forget the fact that we were a rabble before SR came in. We've been circling the drain for quite some time now and it's always inventible that clubs like us will get sucked down.

In some ways I think SR underestimated what was needed here, Semmens painted a picture of serenity from the outside but it was far from that and I think SR went into it with their eyes half closed. Focused too much on young players on the assumption that the likes of Moi, Moussa, Adams etc can cut it for us. We needed better first team players and then added kids on the back of it.

I have said all along that I believe SR have done everything with the right intention, but it's just how they've executed it all which is the problem. It's not inconceivable to me that a year in the Championship will enable them to settle down a bit and turn the tide, I don't think they realised how much of a sinking outfit we were.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone watch the sky documentary deadline day: football transfer window?

fly on the wall type documentary following agents and players trying to get transfers 

anyway just caught a bit of it it’s quite interesting and we get a mention. Sasa Kalajdzic who went to wolves and got injured on his debut, they’re with him and his agent waiting for clubs to make their moves, they finally got an offer from wolves and the agent says there are other options and named us with 2-3 other premier league clubs so looks like our interest was real but doesn’t seem like we ever actually made an offer for him. 
certainly would have been a better option than what we got

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Anyone watch the sky documentary deadline day: football transfer window?

fly on the wall type documentary following agents and players trying to get transfers 

anyway just caught a bit of it it’s quite interesting and we get a mention. Sasa Kalajdzic who went to wolves and got injured on his debut, they’re with him and his agent waiting for clubs to make their moves, they finally got an offer from wolves and the agent says there are other options and named us with 2-3 other premier league clubs so looks like our interest was real but doesn’t seem like we ever actually made an offer for him. 
certainly would have been a better option than what we got

Kalajdzic I think is another big slow tall striker so definitely the type they were after even before buying Onuachu.