Golden Raspberry End of Season Player & Manager Awards

Saint Billy

2 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

This plus we have played one more game than the others so in effect need to win 3 more games than at least three other relegation candidates. So far fetched it is laughable that anybody still thinks we can stay up.

The very definition of pie in the sky impossibility

Have we? I thought we'd all played the same now. I haven't checked as I am taking a leaf out of Selles book. Dont look at the table and then we can believe we are fighting for a CL place. 6 pointer at Arsenal saturday then

• Like 1

1. Worst Player of the Season - Adam Armstrong

2. Worst Manager - Nathan Jones

3. Worst Team Performance of the Season - Forest (H)

4. Most Embarrassing Moment - Grimsby

5. Biggest Player Disappointment - Orsic

6. Who is responsible for this shit show - Ankersen, Semmens, Players

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

There’s not much in it for me either. On the one hand Selles got dumped out of the cup at home to Grimsby, whilst Jones scraped past Lincoln. On the other hand Selles slogged out a 0-0 playing against 10 men for an hour, whilst Jones bottled it against Wolves.

It’s like comparing paper cuts to inflamed haemorrhoids. 

Another ridiculous stat I'm struggling to see the funny side of - I have more inflamed haemorrhoids than Saints have home wins this season.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chez said:

Maybe anything over a win counts as adrift? 

Four points sounds a lot to me with this side, especially as it relies on the others getting no points for the gap to close (all be it Leicester, Leeds and Forest aint winning points either).

Oh of course and like I said we are relegated. Quite amazing that it's only 4 points though when I'd have expected 9+ by now. 

On 17/04/2023 at 08:19, Saint Billy said:

Apart from Lavia, picking out highlights of this season is almost impossible, so lets make it easier doing it this way.

1. Worst Player of the Season.

2. Worst Manager.

3. Worst Team Performance of the Season.

4. Most Embarrassing Moment.

5. Biggest Player Disappointment.

6. Who is responsible for this shit show.

Please feel free to add more.

1) Bazunu - yes, he’s young and inexperienced, but he’s probably cost us more points than he’s saved. If you stuck a wheelie bin in the centre of the goal every game I’m pretty sure it would have a better save ratio.

2) Nathan Jones - route one, five at the back defensive football was not the “Southampton Way” of recent times. Our best form of defence has always been attack. Selles isn’t far behind.

3) Brighton (H), Newcastle (H), Forest (H), Palace (H), - This list could go on for some time.

4) The hiring of Nathan Jones at a similar time to Villa getting Unai Emery. Che Adams missing an open goal against Lincoln, Wolves, Everton. Again, this list could go on.

5) Signing-wise: AMN, Bazunu, and DCC. One that was already here: Elyounoussi, Armstrong (both), Salisu, again, again, this could go on….

6) Rasmus Ankersen - at the centre of every major transfer decision or managerial decision. Ultimately being our downfall. Absolute delusion of his own self-importance has cost us our Premier League status. His decision making has been awful and the spending has been reckless.

My thoughts…

1. Worst Player of the Season.

Bednarek - Can’t stand him. I reckon the way he’s acted, and our failure to give him the boot embodies everything wrong with the present culture of the club.

2. Worst Manager.

Jones - I don’t think I’ll ever get that cringeworthy training video out of my head. “Ohhh Nice!”

3. Worst Team Performance of the Season.

Wolves at home - An absolute disgrace.

4. Most Embarrassing Moment.

Grimsby at home - An even bigger disgrace.

5. Biggest Player Disappointment.

Aribo - Literally doesn’t appear to give two shiny shites about the club or his career.

6. Who is responsible for this shit show.

All the leadership team. They have set the tone for the weak-minded culture that manifests itself on the pitch every week.

• Like 1