Championship Final Day

Lighthouse

Normally the is a discussion about who we want to play next season but this season there’re two aspects. Who we want to play and who we’d like to see promoted. Luton and Boro are already confirmed in the playoffs, to be joined by two from Coventry, Millwall, Sunderland, WBA or Blackburn. I think if I was to put it in order of preference:

1. Coventry, their fans have suffered long at the hands of SISU, they deserve some happiness.
  2. Luton, who would have thought Jones was actually holding them back.
  3. Millwall, two seasons in the top division in their history, would be different.
  4. Blackburn, not been up for a while
  5. Sunderland, their fans have had a rough time recently.
  6. Boro, Carrick has done a cracking job but a bit boring seeing them up again.
  7. WBA, the definition of a yo-yo club.

47 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Normally the is a discussion about who we want to play next season but this season there’re two aspects. Who we want to play and who we’d like to see promoted. Luton and Boro are already confirmed in the playoffs, to be joined by two from Coventry, Millwall, Sunderland, WBA or Blackburn. I think if I was to put it in order of preference:

1. Coventry, their fans have suffered long at the hands of SISU, they deserve some happiness.
  3. Millwall, two seasons in the top division in their history, would be different.

Interesting to see the profile of manager that does well in that league. 

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

I’d like to see Cov, Millwall or Luton. I couldn’t care less about the others, they’re the footballing equivalent of beige. 

Plus Carrick could be a great shout as our next manager. 

32 minutes ago, Saint IQ said:

Bet Ankerson goes for Jon Dahl Tomasson

We could do a lot worse than him. Did well at Blackburn last season. Knows the championship, and English football generally. 

On 08/05/2023 at 06:22, Lighthouse said:

this should be a discussion on who we don't want to compete against next season.

Luton had the 3rd most points, so i will assume they were the 3rd best team. I hope they get promoted.

• Like 1

I don't think it'll make a difference who we actually play next season, as all the teams mentioned here would probably beat us quite comfortably.

But I am looking for a reason to continue paying for my subscription to watch the Premier League in Australia (while also having to fork out separately to watch EFL games somehow) I'm hoping Coventry make it up.