Sam Edioze

spyinthesky

He'll come good next season, I reckon. Be a good backup for Sulemana and Tella with both hopefully staying. The Selles tombola only selected him for three match squads after getting minutes in all of the matches under Jones.

17 hours ago, Sussex_saint said:

I know he was still very raw  - but this guy was an absolute foul magnet. Considering we have (or had) the best set piece taker in the league, I'm surprised we didn't try drawing out more free kicks with him.

I am surprised, in my simple football brain, why we just didn't get him, Djneppo or Sulemana to run across the edge of the area or even into the area as a tactic, they can all draw fouls.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sussex_saint said:

I know he was still very raw  - but this guy was an absolute foul magnet. Considering we have (or had) the best set piece taker in the league, I'm surprised we didn't try drawing out more free kicks with him.

In my experience of playing Sunday league, there aren't many players who would volunteer to get smashed by opposing defenders and midfielders.

Defenders will look to hurt youger players early on in the game to keep them in check and hopefully avoid a yellow card by doing it early. Younger players have to watch out for it and avoid it. The accumulation of those knocks often results in their season petering out and failing to hold a 1st team place after a brilliant start.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Should have been utilised more this season, especially off the bench. Change of system hurt him. Hopefully he can tear up the champ next season. He has the raw attributes. 

The championship might turn out to be his level.

Good dribbler, but lacks acceleration and body strength - and literally has no end product. Not sure his raw attributes are all that special, to be honest. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Good dribbler, but lacks acceleration and body strength - and literally has no end product. Not sure his raw attributes are all that special, to be honest. 

He hasn't filled out yet. You may have been built like a tank at 19 but most youngsters take a bit if time to develop

3 hours ago, qwertyell said:

He’s not a fully grown adult yet, his body will be another year older next season, and he’s now got experience. Look at Tella last season, not much difference to Edozie this season. And he’s 3 years older 

3 hours ago, southamptonfc said:

In my experience of playing Sunday league, there aren't many players who would volunteer to get smashed by opposing defenders and midfielders.

Defenders will look to hurt youger players early on in the game to keep them in check and hopefully avoid a yellow card by doing it early. Younger players have to watch out for it and avoid it. The accumulation of those knocks often results in their season petering out and failing to hold a 1st team place after a brilliant start.

Im not sure the prem resembles the bottom 2/3 leagues of Sunday league tbh

12 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Should have been utilised more this season, especially off the bench. Change of system hurt him. Hopefully he can tear up the champ next season. He has the raw attributes. 

Agree… there was times I understood the Ely inclusions (understanding and agreement is different) but I never understood why we had that period where Edozie got nowhere near the side, apparently he didn’t work back hard enough but we were screaming out for a bit of ‘pressure release’ at times and his footwork is perfect for it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Im not sure the prem resembles the bottom 2/3 leagues of Sunday league tbh

Well, defenders in the Prem are stronger, harder and better at clobbering the oppo and getting away with it, that's true.

Players like Sam quickly need to learn to protect themselves, the defenders in the Championship might not be quite as quick but they like a tackle :)

Edited by southamptonfc