Saints on iFollow next season?

Saint1984

Evening!

Now we are in the championship has anyone heard of the clubs intentions for streaming on iFollow? As I understand it in the championship the club can decide to stream all games (though 3pm games only available "abroad") but I believe ultimately it is down to the club? Was wondering if anyone had seen anything?

Looks like we're one of 3 Championship teams not showing up on ifollow on the EFL website. Maybe they’ll stream our games themselves. Still no 3pm games shown though so not sure how many are actually available anyway as surely they will only be playing at other times for tv (sky sports) anyway. 

My sophisticated system of tricking my dodgy streaming website into thinking my laptop is a phone so I could install a mobile only streaming service on it doesn't show championship games. I don't know what the sites are like for championship, but It may be Joe Tesem and Adam Blackmore for me!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Saint Shady said:

Looks like we're one of 3 Championship teams not showing up on ifollow on the EFL website. Maybe they’ll stream our games themselves. Still no 3pm games shown though so not sure how many are actually available anyway as surely they will only be playing at other times for tv (sky sports) anyway. 

This maybe a silly question, but even if us and the two other sides that aren’t showing on the I follow site decide not to make our games available, will we still be streamed though the channels of the 21 teams that do have their games shown?

My streaming platform has all of the ifollow channels listed, I’m assuming each stream has some kind of local commentary for the match? Is there even any commentary? 

I watch a lot of Bristol Rovers games on ifollow (my boys are Gasheads). 

It’s ok to be fair, if you swipe or connect the laptop screen to your TV. 

The Gas charged a Tenner last season when you sign up via the clubs website. 

I have no idea how the saints would do it, but the commentary is normally by the local radio station both home and away games. 

If you can’t make the game for whatever reason, a really good alternative. 

• Like 1

This is from the EFL website. Could be handy for some of those lengthy midweek away games we have.

EFL Clubs will have the right to live-stream midweek matches on iFollow or Club equivalent service, with Sky Sports also able to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their Red Button interactive and digital services.

16 hours ago, bpsaint said:

This maybe a silly question, but even if us and the two other sides that aren’t showing on the I follow site decide not to make our games available, will we still be streamed though the channels of the 21 teams that do have their games shown?

My streaming platform has all of the ifollow channels listed, I’m assuming each stream has some kind of local commentary for the match? Is there even any commentary? 

That’s a very good point! Surely saints will show games some other way if not on ifollow. Is there a one off sign up to all games or is it done per team. Could be expensive but would make no sense for saints so they must be planning something. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any updates on Saints TV coverage this season?

In Canada we can subscribe to DAZN but I think that will only cover games that aren't a Saturday 3:00 pm kick off - which may also (not sure about this) apply to ESPN+ in the States.

And we're still not listed on the iFollow site.

When Saints were advertising the £5 fee for yesterday’s friendly, I’m sure they mentioned that they would be releasing further stream information for the season soon. You could tell it’s was a bit more professional yesterday compared to our usual friendly streams, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how it will run via our site rather than iFollow, with a price per individual game. Let’s see!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, as best as I can tell, the main option for fans in Canada is obviously DAZN. However, that $199.99 package will not include home games with a 3:00 pm kick off. Those would be available through the just-launched SaintsPlay for £10 per game.

I'm not sure if it will be the same for fans in the U.S. and other countries.

Does anyone have any further insight?