Striker issue

Harry_SFC

What are we thinking? Do we actually stick Baz up top? Because I would genuinely rather see him up there than Mara or Che at this moment in time. Mara just put in one of the worst substitute displays I think I've ever seen. 

Alcaraz is not a CF and has been poor lately. Adam Armstrong has proven he struggles up top on his own.

Not sure what else there is. Another complete cock up by the recruitment team concerning a striker. 

• Like 1

The style of play doesn't suit our strikers or, to be honest, any strikers really. It doesn't allow them to be dynamic and make runs because the players are told not to try risky through balls or balls over the top. A player like Mara is going to struggle as he is a player that needs to be running with the ball and getting on the end of passes, not receiving the ball with his back to goal and trying to lay it off before repeating it again 10 yards forward until we NFL style move up the pitch a little bit at a time. He's especially going to struggle with only being given short cameos to do anything in. The guy has had a grand total of 226 minutes on the pitch with 72 of those coming V Sunderland when the whole team was a disaster. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The issue is largely down to our style...start stretching teams defensively, get a CF on a through ball, and we may be in business.

No chance of that happening though

Very true.

The amount of times you see them running in spaces looking for a through ball but it never happens. 

Then you start giving up because you are drifting out the game. What do you do next? You start looking for the ball in midfield which is already compact.

• Like 3