Rate the January Transfer Window! 2024 slimline version

Barsiem

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Saints business in the January 2024 transfer window?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Saints business in the January 2024 transfer window?

• I'm just to here to scoff at the idea of putting an arbitrary number to such a question

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/24 at 15:00

Another opportunity for your opinion to be ridiculed by your peers and other people with nothing better to do.  It's been the quietest window in many years, so maybe the value is who has stayed rather than joined/left.  Do you dare put a number between 1 & 10 as to how Saints fared?

In

Joe Rothwell (loan, Bournemouth)

David Brooks (loan, Bournemouth)

Out

Jack Bycroft (undisclosed, Swindon Town)

Kamari Doyle (undisclosed, Brighton & Hove Albion)

Ryan Finnigan (undisclosed, Blackpool)

Carlos Alcaraz (loan, Juventus)

Mason Holgate (end of loan, Everton)

Thierry Small (released)

Gone for seven. Good players bought in, Charly out is disappointing but understandable, still need a good striker but happy we have a threat up front with what we have. We kept KWP which was critical. 

14 hours ago, Colinjb said:

Gone for seven. Good players bought in, Charly out is disappointing but understandable, still need a good striker but happy we have a threat up front with what we have. We kept KWP which was critical. 

I couldn't have put it better myself 7/10

7 for me.

2 good (at this level) players in

Charley out which is a bit disappointing but understandable.

KWP still in the building - which is far better than I expected

McCarthy still in the building - a shame considering his wages

No temporary replacement for Stewart which could be costly although if Che can keep his form up may not be an issue.

• Like 1

I'd say 6. Maybe 7. Don't know enough about Brooks, if he's as good as people say, 7.

Still think we are missing a centre-forward...and I'm an Alcaraz fan, so sorry to see him go - but the deal makes sense, I guess.

• Like 1

All about who has stayed, given 7 points but probably 6 of those were for KWP who is so far ahead of the curve in this league it's embarrassing in some games.  Auto promotion is in this squad, and it would be great to achieve that and keep KWP whilst signing the likes of THB and Brooks.

On 03/02/2024 at 13:56, SaintBobby said:

Still think we are missing a centre-forward...and I'm an Alcaraz fan, so sorry to see him go - but the deal makes sense, I guess.

Agree. We’ve been crying out for a CF for two or three seasons. Despite the fact we seem to be fairly free scoring December onwards, still don’t think we convert enough of the chances we create.

Just hope this doesn’t haunt us at the end of the season.