Bolt Ons

Noodles34

Just seen this online and clearly a complete waste of money, but it's concerning that you get 'priority for away games'. How does that work? 

Up to now, priority has been the fairest way, the more you do, the more opportunities you get, which works for me. Having some Noddy who's fallen for the club merchandising having a ticket over me is not going to go down well. 

• Like 1

I just looked at the email and the silver and gold bolt ons.

Very much have the same opinion as you, they seem like an absolute rip off and possibly unfair to people who have been traveling up and down the country every other week.

No way will I be buying one. The offer of merch etc is irrelevant to me as I never buy any.

On the face of it this seems like a crude move by the club, and one which will hopefully fall flat on its arse. Will have to see how it pans out I guess. 

Here's the link in case anyone wants to have a look

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/season-ticket-2024-25-bolt-ons?utm_source=dotmailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3371046_FST - 24%2F25 Men's STs%3A Northam Retargeting Non-Buyers&utm_content=H2 Banner - Bolt-Ons&dm_i=2HKL,20946,3FWOZ4,76V8X,1

The link literally says you are wrong and it's not changing.

"A 2024/25 Season Ticket entitles you to a whole host of amazing benefits as standard. This includes the same priority for all on away and cup matches, the process will still be determined by how many previous away matches have been attended

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, some raised this Q with the club last week online and they put out some clarifications.

When they refer to 'priority' it's just the standard season ticket priority on access to aways. Possibly a bit off misrepresenting it as a benefit of having any of the bolt-on packages, but certainly not a change of approach to how away tickets are sold - thankfully.

Edited by CSA96
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Going to play slight devils advocate here. If you want a shirt, but finding £55 or £60 up front is a stretch, the ability to buy the add on and pay for it monthly as part of the direct debit is a good thing. Additionally, if you fancy giving Saints Bar a go, but again the £90+ for a single game is too much of a stretch out of the pay packet, again it might be worth it. These aren't objectively terrible deals, they're just something a lot of people won't value/need. 

It doesn't make them a rip off.

Edited by moorw003

50 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Yeah, some raised this Q with the club last week online and they put out some clarifications.

When they refer to 'priority' it's just the standard season ticket priority on access to aways. Possibly a bit off misrepresenting it as a benefit of having any of the bolt-on packages, but certainly not a change of approach to how away tickets are sold - thankfully.

Thanks for clarifying.

I'll retract my earlier statement!

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

wait this thread isnt about breast implants !

megan fox breast GIF

That was my though on seeing the thread.

For our play-off fun, I vote 'bolt ons' become the new 'muffins'.

• Haha 1