Press conferences

wild-saint

What is the point in putting these on? We get to see about 3 minutes of it before it gets cut off and then if you want to pay an echo subscription you get to see a summary of it by a reporter.

surely this medium is for the club to communicate with the fans. We still don’t know if Adam’s is fit or the injury status of the rest of the squad, Utterly pointless.

Strange post. Every press conference is available as a video on the website at 10.30pm once embargo lifted and most on YT too.

Re Adams, clear he will be bench at best.

• Like 1

Great post. I'd like to see the team and formation revealed at these press conference and deep dive into what Russell and the boys have been working on in training to counter WBA threats and push our own. Missed opportunity to engage with fans me thinks.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Great post. I'd like to see the team and formation revealed at these press conference and deep dive into what Russell and the boys have been working on in training to counter WBA threats and push our own. Missed opportunity to engage with fans me thinks.

To be fair, we already know the answer to how they will counter the opposition (any opposition), it starts with "we're way too arrogant to bother looking at the opposition's tactics except a cursory glance at their corners".

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Maybe Russ could throw in a few red herrings as well but slyly wink at the camera when he does, so those 'in the know' know what to believe and what not to believe. Think of it as an extension to the circle of trust.

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

If you took the time to read my post nowhere did i say i expected him to give us a "deep dive" of his tactics for the game. My point was the fact they show the opening 3 minutes and then turn off the camera so we have to wait for a transcript or snippets / quotes from random jouno's. Why not broadcast the whole thing to the fans rather than pushing out only selected bits by the echo or waiting 14 hours for it to appear on YT? 

Just seems odd that fans cant watch the manager of their team talk about their team in the build up to a game.  

Maybe there is a reason for it but for the life of me I can think of one.

Does anyone actually watch them or care what's said anyway?? It's a bit weird. I'll find out the team 50 mins before kick off, even then, I often just wait until it's starting ... 

Makes me remember Strachan and his "the date of my yoghurt is more important" answer.