Clubs from years gone by in Southampton...

Son of Bob

I would say the best club ive been to in the south would have to of been the Manor near Matchams what a club that was & I was gutted when it shut.

I'd have to agree with you there. The Manor was fantastic, especially back in the early days. Sterns was also amazing, (especially the Interdance All-Nighters) though that was always a rather expensive treat!

Never went to Sterns but did hear lots of good stories about the club.

Sterns was like a 'large-scale Manor'. It was the same kind of setting as the Manor but much grander. The main underground dance floor was awesome. The bass used to blow up the staircase as you walked down to it!

Manhattan's

Riverside

Thursdays

Raffles

Shades?Escape club

West Indian club

Manhattan's - now there was club and a half. Used to frequent it every Thursday and Friday, followed by a visit to a cafe around the back of Bedford Place which stayed open until 3am, just so we didn'tr have to go home.

Ever go to Manhattan's in Bournemouth? Completely different atmosphere, IMO

did anyone ever go to MLT bar..the celebration plaze or something

It was indeed called Celebration Plaza, my wife celebrated her birthday in there, the birthday package consisted of a meal (that was ok as a mate of mine was head chef at the time), a bottle of fizzy stuff, a cake, a helium balloon, a picture of MLT & Mike Osman and a cassette (remember them) of Mike Osman doing stand-up.

Prior to MLT owning the place it was the cattle market known as Turpins, where as I said earlier in the thread you were gauranteed a grope (at least). Thats where I met the current Mrs Geezer.:D

some one will be calling you an old fart for remembering them , what was the one just of East Street , near Lord Roberts Pub.

Saw Jim Davidson lose it on stage one night from all the heckling

Not sure, the last one I really used, about 1991, was Chaplins (around the back of Hanover Buildings?). As a long established O.F. what about The Birds Nest? One of Kev Coombes' favourites.

For really old gits, who remembers the Concorde Club when it was at The Bassett in Burgess Road? Had some great, great nights there in the 60`s. Also the Waterfront Club in Woolston. Had some big, big bands there. Used to go to The Park Ballroom above the tailors shop on the corner opposite the Odeon Cinema. Great Days!:)

Oh yes. And Kev's House, which went on to be Remix.

Being a Bournmouth lad myself what about ..

Upstairs at erics?

East of eden?

Ricky's?

poets corner?

A night in soton for us in those days was always buds for some pool, then raffles , mainly to watch mccarthy ****ting people on the door ;) which seemed to happen every week.

frock and jacket?

top rank...roy bell and some gooners :) wonder if anyone will know what i'm talking about..

Being a Bournmouth lad myself what about ..

Upstairs at erics?

East of eden?

Ricky's?

poets corner?

A night in soton for us in those days was always buds for some pool, then raffles , mainly to watch mccarthy ****ting people on the door ;) which seemed to happen every week.

frock and jacket?

top rank...roy bell and some gooners :) wonder if anyone will know what i'm talking about..

Upstairs At Erics was brilliant. Painted Wagon till about 10 then over the Coach Station to get a coach down there and then there was some random coach back from Bournemouth at about 3 in the morning.