Iphone

Thedelldays

moving on from me thinking of getting an Itouch...the cost of getting one I could pay off the rest of my mobile phone contract and get an Iphone and have a few pence left over..

is the Iphone all that cracked up to be..im not one for having large phones but they seems to do everything...

is the unlimited browsing actually anygood and is it unlimited etc..?

Yes, it is, and it's perfectly adequate for 90% of things on 3G. No Flash player though and that's the only drawback. I love mine and would hate to be without it now.

The WiFi feature works well and allows iPlayer and the like to work fine.

It'll be the best ever techy purchase you've ever made. I didn't comment on your iPod Touch thread for fear of putting you off getting one, but as good as the Touch is, I couldn't imagine switching to one from my iPhone and not having the instant 3G internet and having to wait for a wifi connection to use some of the apps, browse the web, and do a host of other things on it that require a net connection. The Touch is great if you just want the best music player around plus a lot of extras, but the difference between it and the iPhone is immense in my opinion.

Get one, you definitely won't regret it.

It'll be the best ever techy purchase you've ever made. I didn't comment on your iPod Touch thread for fear of putting you off getting one, but as good as the Touch is, I couldn't imagine switching to one from my iPhone and not having the instant 3G internet and having to wait for a wifi connection to use some of the apps, browse the web, and do a host of other things on it that require a net connection. The Touch is great if you just want the best music player around plus a lot of extras, but the difference between it and the iPhone is immense in my opinion.

Get one, you definitely won't regret it.

probably will

im away as from tuesday and not really back until 31st may...by then my phone contract would only have a few months to run and it would be alot cheaper to pay the rest of that off and get an Iphone rather than get an Itouch

You can get an MMS application now from the Apps store.

Yep, I realised that about 10 minutes after posting!! My iPhone has been away for repair for 2 months so hadn't looked at the App Store until last night!!!

Just the camera for me now!!!

The iPhone is not perfect but it's so much better put together than any of the Nokia offerings, both ergonomically and aesthetically. The user interface is flawless and very intuitive, with easily the best touch screen on the market. There are shedloads of applications and accessories to make it suit all elements of your life. I can't argue that it's flawed with regards to Flash player, video recording and camera quality but of those only the Flash player (or lack thereof) ever bothers me, and rumours of an Appleflash application coming soon are looking solid. Cameras on phones are only useful if you have a prang and need some pictorial evidence, or that sort of malarkey. If I want to take a picture I'll use my real camera.

I love the people who get annoyed by that. Sometimes I call it the iTouch just to annoy them.

Some people are so Touchi.

Getting back on thread, i can get a free upgrade to an iPhone and am seriously considering it as i love my iPod iTouch Touchi and my N95 is a pile of cack, apart from the camera which has taken some bloody good pics in all honesty.

The MMS issue was a problem but if there is an App that patches over this then i am sold.

Crikey we are all turning into Ess ;o)

Col.

Crikey we are all turning into Ess ;o)

Col.

No, I think everyone is realising I was right yet again. It's always the same with any Windows v Mac, or Nokia v iPhone debate: The people arguing the 'Apple are style over substance' stance have never properly used OS X or the iPhone etc. When they do give them a proper go, if they're honest they'll admit how great they are. Then 'they' (the Steve Grants and Bajjers and people who can afford the superior experience) go out and buy Macs or MacBooks. Poor people like Hypochondriac and people like thesaintsfc who are unwilling to admit I'm right will say how expensive and/or rubbish the Apple experience is and stick with their clunky Dells and Nokias.

The MMS argument is also archaic. You can send your iPhone pics straight to email in full size. Those who want to send a tiny version by to another person's handset which will render and resize it differently, should get with the times - soon all of us will communicate by instant email on our handsets: Apple is just way ahead of the times yet again by dumping MMS.

No, I think everyone is realising I was right yet again. It's always the same with any Windows v Mac, or Nokia v iPhone debate: The people arguing the 'Apple are style over substance' stance have never properly used OS X or the iPhone etc. When they do give them a proper go, if they're honest they'll admit how great they are. Then 'they' (the Steve Grants and Bajjers and people who can afford the superior experience) go out and buy Macs or MacBooks. Poor people like Hypochondriac and people like thesaintsfc who are unwilling to admit I'm right will say how expensive and/or rubbish the Apple experience is and stick with their clunky Dells and Nokias.

The MMS argument is also archaic. You can send your iPhone pics straight to email in full size. Those who want to send a tiny version by to another person's handset which will render and resize it differently, should get with the times - soon all of us will communicate by instant email on our handsets: Apple is just way ahead of the times yet again by dumping MMS.

You can do all that with a G1 too.

Oh, and it does MMS too :)

Just because you think apples gear is the dogs wotsits does not make it so... Ive had the pleasure (sort of) of using an iphone for a few weeks, my opinion is that while it is visually stunning (really is), you have to be a desk-ite if you wanna carry it around in your pocket all day (although most iphone owners get theres out wherever possible, its like showing off there dicks or summit'..). I've got an n95 8gb at the moment, doesnt look anywhere near as good as the iphone, but you can get stuff done on it in a fraction of the time you can on an iphone (browsing for information, sending a text / email). And all of its smartphone features are better than the iphones (imo) apart from maybe the GPS.

Ess, with regards to the MMS problem most people have, and correct me if I'm wrong... it's not so much sending them. It's more so receiving from people that don't currently have instant email or have it configured from their handsets. To have to log in to O2's website everytime you receive one from these people is a right pain in the ass!!!!

Anyways the new MMS app resolves this issue............

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry all tried PM'ing Ess but it wouldnt work so............

Hi Ess,

As a recent convert having got an iTouch for Xmas i have just upgraded my phone to an iPhone. Now i intend to synch it to the same lappy as my touch. Could i encounter any "problems" and any apps i have paid for are they transferrable (sp) from my touch to me iPhone? Oh yeah the lappy is a HP.

Cheers for any feed back/tips

Col

If the Apps are on your iTunes then you're ok. If you've downloaded any directly to your iPod Touch and haven't yet synched it with iTunes then do so first. Any purchases (incl Free ones) that you've made with your iTunes account are transferrable to a different device that is being synched with the same laptop. Even if you delete them and have to download them again, iTunes knows that you've previously downloaded them so you won't be charged again for any paid ones.

The MMS app is perfect too and resolves any issues people have with wanting to send/receive MMSs (except you have to purchase credits to send MMSs and they don't come out of your Network bundled texts; although receiving is free)

Sorry all tried PM'ing Ess but it wouldnt work so............

Hi Ess,

As a recent convert having got an iTouch for Xmas i have just upgraded my phone to an iPhone. Now i intend to synch it to the same lappy as my touch. Could i encounter any "problems" and any apps i have paid for are they transferrable (sp) from my touch to me iPhone? Oh yeah the lappy is a HP.

Cheers for any feed back/tips

Col

:shock: You guys have to pay for apps? :shock:

The apps on the G1 are free ;)

If the Apps are on your iTunes then you're ok. If you've downloaded any directly to your iPod Touch and haven't yet synched it with iTunes then do so first. Any purchases (incl Free ones) that you've made with your iTunes account are transferrable to a different device that is being synched with the same laptop. Even if you delete them and have to download them again, iTunes knows that you've previously downloaded them so you won't be charged again for any paid ones.

The MMS app is perfect too and resolves any issues people have with wanting to send/receive MMSs (except you have to purchase credits to send MMSs and they don't come out of your Network bundled texts; although receiving is free)

Thanks Ess,

Should receive my iPhone tomorrow, didn't bother with the 16GB as i have my Touch.

Col.