How much would you put in to own our club

derry

How much would you put in to a "Saints Trust" to own our club  

506 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you put in to a "Saints Trust" to own our club

• 5000 plus

with some sort of trail back to the person doing the clicking ?

Can you identify the people who have "pledged" more than 5K?

Kids click on anything you know.

I'm a realist, I realise the shortcomings, the simple fact is in the end if we need to raise money from the pledgees it will be backs to the wall time.

They will either stump up or not, there is not a thing anybody can do about that.

In any event should the saints be going out of business in a matter of days a whole new ball game would open up with the saturation media coverage and a lot more people would be aware, but unless something substantial is in place, however willing the fans are to contribute, there would be nowhere for them go. There would be no way then of saving the club in the time.

I'm a realist, I realise the shortcomings, the simple fact is in the end if we need to raise money from the pledgees it will be backs to the wall time.

They will either stump up or not, there is not a thing anybody can do about that.

In any event should the saints be going out of business in a matter of days a whole new ball game would open up with the saturation media coverage and a lot more people would be aware, but unless something substantial is in place, however willing the fans are to contribute, there would be nowhere for them go. There would be no way then of saving the club in the time.

I appreciate your realism and what you're trying to do, I'm just afraid that you've been led up the garden path and the end result would be realistically

somewhere in the region of 150K and all your work and effort will to be no avail and you'll be made to look like a bit of an idiot.I notice that it's a very British trait these days, talk about money and how much you have and how much you'll put up but when it comes to anteing up it's all just talk.

I appreciate your realism and what you're trying to do, I'm just afraid that you've been led up the garden path and the end result would be realistically

somewhere in the region of 150K and all your work and effort will to be no avail and you'll be made to look like a bit of an idiot.I notice that it's a very British trait these days, talk about money and how much you have and how much you'll put up but when it comes to anteing up it's all just talk.

Better to try and do something and fail. As to looking like an idiot, I think it's the talkers and negative do nothings that pledged and didn't put up when called in will look the idiots.

The intelligent people will know that it was genuine attempt to potentially try and save the club if all else fails. Failing is not a problem for me and not being needed is the best result possible.

Edited by derry

IF, we get to the position where the fans option is the ONLY option, and "the fans" ONLY raise £150K then the idiots would be "the fans"!

As Derry keeps re-iterating, we are puting the wheels in motion NOW, just in case. Time wil no doubt be of the essence, if no buyer comes along.

Our scheme is not unrealistic if fans want a club, and if that ever happens I for one am eternally optimistice that Saints fans will come to the party.

To the collective doubters, fair enough, but if push came to shove what would you really do? a few hundred quid....or no club?? There are (apparently) around 200,000 people on the SFC database. If all those people contributed just £100 on average then we would raise £20 million. I bet every single one of them has spen at least that amount "on Saints" (tickets, merchandise) over the years.

Lets hope that 199,000 of them arent "doubters"!!

Dare I say, that decision is easy for true fans.

Exactly, its amazing how people are on this thread giving you grief and saying that your going to look stupid when they are doing absolutely nothing themselves to try and help the club. Some fans on here are so ridiculously negative that its a wonder that they haven't slit their wrists by now.

If a fans consortium was done properly and ran the right way by the right people (and I believe this is), then you will have no problem convincing the real supporters that this can and will be a success.

Lastly, you guys are really doing a great job and I feel that some TSW users underestimate how important this job you are doing could end up being for the future of Southampton FC.

Exactly, its amazing how people are on this thread giving you grief and saying that your going to look stupid when they are doing absolutely nothing themselves to try and help the club. Some fans on here are so ridiculously negative that its a wonder that they haven't slit their wrists by now.

If a fans consortium was done properly and ran the right way by the right people (and I believe this is), then you will have no problem convincing the real supporters that this can and will be a success.

Lastly, you guys are really doing a great job and I feel that some TSW users underestimate how important this job you are doing could end up being for the future of Southampton FC.

Your comments are much appreciated, I hope we are never needed, that would be the best result.

Apologies Bill, yes I was going to send you an email with my address but got wrapped up in all this. I'll be in touch shortly and fill you in on everything. The Lexus incident must have hacked you off big time.

Derry, been away so just caught up on the thread. Think you are doing a fantastic job; ignore the negative idiots, unfortunately there seem to be too many on this board.

Perhaps you would start a new thread, clearly setting out the proposal and more importantly when and where to pay the pledge if needed.

Dont let the doubters get you down!! Thanks for your good work!!

COYR's

IF, we get to the position where the fans option is the ONLY option, and "the fans" ONLY raise £150K then the idiots would be "the fans"!

As Derry keeps re-iterating, we are puting the wheels in motion NOW, just in case. Time wil no doubt be of the essence, if no buyer comes along.

Our scheme is not unrealistic if fans want a club, and if that ever happens I for one am eternally optimistice that Saints fans will come to the party.

To the collective doubters, fair enough, but if push came to shove what would you really do? a few hundred quid....or no club?? There are (apparently) around 200,000 people on the SFC database. If all those people contributed just £100 on average then we would raise £20 million. I bet every single one of them has spen at least that amount "on Saints" (tickets, merchandise) over the years.

Lets hope that 199,000 of them arent "doubters"!!

Dare I say, that decision is easy for true fans.

Could you ask the club to do an e mail mail shot to the 200,000 promoting the site?

While I think it is a great idea, I think the realism of the whole thing is that people will say one thing and do another and if you have been counting the amount of money people have said they would give from this thread, the amount you will actually get if you started asking for the money would be a very different sum.

A lot of people will like the idea of it, but when push comes to shove, they wont part with their money. Its all well and good £10-£20 here or there, but the sums you are talking about (while in the scheme of things doesnt seem alot) are big amounts of money for people to hand over. I completely understand your point regarding that if the only other option was no club, what would you prefer, but there will always be people who think others will carry the baton, and I'm sure a lot of the people who clicked on an amount will be these kind of people. People who will think, this will happen without my input anyway, so why bother.

I think what you may be better off doing if you are seriously looking into this, is what Ebbsfleet did and market it on a national, or even global basis. The chance to own part of the club. Ok so you wont have the chance to pick the team week in or week out, but you will get dividends which is something Ebbsfleet do not offer. You need to keep the costs per 'share' to a minimum though.

I know the appeal to be a shareholder with dividends would be quite high for a lot of people, and a club of SFC's size and stature would be a good investment for the right amount. I dont know exactly how you would set up the T&C's but you would want some kind of clause to protect the club that some of the annual profits would be reinvested in the club rather than all money going to shareholders.

I think targeting the SFC fanbase (which lets face it has a core of no more than 20k) asking them to donate sums of £100 upwards will be far less fruitful than targetting everyone and anyone for sums of say £25.

Saints would benefit from additional support too. I imagine Ebbsfleets fanbase has significantly increased since they took the route of fan ownership and with that merchandising would increase. This would only further improve should we get promoted back to the CCC and then into the premier league.

Thumbs up for trying to do something though, but I just am not sure you will get the results you are hoping for.

You could well be right but the Echo despite making noises about support are turning out to be an apathetic dead loss. They obviously don't give a stuff about the club but are milking the situation on a random basis. They need to show the website address every day but it isn't going to happen.

The thought of the club going out of business is sickening, but it is getting clearer by the day cynicism and apathy is the reality together with a great deal of criticism from people who make an artform of doing nothing except gobbing off.

If people don't like the way things are done, there is nothing to stop them doing something themselves, we all know that isn't going to happen.

Sitting at a keyboard sniping is a far easier thing to do than getting off one's backside and trying to do something.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a thought about another way the club can get some more much needed income.

We all know that the club cannot sell season tickets at present.

But what is to stop the from selling memberships for next season?

They could set the base price for a membership at £20 which I know is twice what it was last season, but times are harsh and money is needed. They could also offer memberships at a higher price for those that are intending to buy season tickets for next season.

Then if the club is bought and is able to put season tickets on sale over the summer, those that have bought a membership at a higher price, will get whatever they have paid over the £20 figure deducted from the cost of their next season ticket.

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I haven't read any posts along this line.

I've just had a thought about another way the club can get some more much needed income.

We all know that the club cannot sell season tickets at present.

But what is to stop the from selling memberships for next season?

They could set the base price for a membership at £20 which I know is twice what it was last season, but times are harsh and money is needed. They could also offer memberships at a higher price for those that are intending to buy season tickets for next season.

Then if the club is bought and is able to put season tickets on sale over the summer, those that have bought a membership at a higher price, will get whatever they have paid over the £20 figure deducted from the cost of their next season ticket.

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I haven't read any posts along this line.

Email dluker@saintsfc.co.uk with this idea. Tell him I told you to email him your idea, he knows me.