How much would you put in to own our club

derry

How much would you put in to a "Saints Trust" to own our club  

506 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you put in to a "Saints Trust" to own our club

• 5000 plus

Zero. Don't believe in the principle of fan ownership on this kind of scale, and especially as, say, £5k would pay the wages of Bradley Wright Phillips for one week.

Any normal wage earner like me would have to be mental to put £5k in and it just shows how insignificant £500 would be.

I would be happy to pledge a wedge (top end of the poll) but would need some sort of commitment from the club ie. long term s/t .

I know someone who blew a few million on a club similar to ours and not only did he lose the lot but he got abused into the bargain so it's important not just to blindly throw money at the problem !

COYS

The vehicle is already there in the Saints Trust, you just need some credible people to step up to the plate to run with this idea.

IMHO even if there are some out there launching a bid with some "big" hitters, then I can't see why this could not be complmentary. Any money raised could be given to the Club in return for a stake or it could even just be loaned.

Zero. Don't believe in the principle of fan ownership on this kind of scale, and especially as, say, £5k would pay the wages of Bradley Wright Phillips for one week.

Couldn't agree more.

This idea is admirable yet completely b*llocks and, for that reason, I'm out.

I have a cheque for £2,500 written and waiting to send somewhere to help this activity.

We would need to really publicise this through other forums and at the remaining home matches but i have no doubt that with the right people driving this, we could raise several £m very quickly to aleviate the short term major concern.

Through this forum, we would also have much experience and skills in different areas to help our club in need and can all find time to help these efforts.

Now that Lowe has gone (hopefully) for good, maybe our club is being galvanised again and needed something like this for us fans to fully unite behind the club again.

Allowing the Saints Trust to have anything to do with this would kill it stone dead. I think a lot of people would walk away, I know I would.

They are a busted flush, this idea needs new faces and and an untainted reputation.

How about making it £500 a share but with the promise of a decent discount off season tickets for share holders so that over a few years you would get your money back?

This is a rescue attempt, the tv ad says it all, your investment can decrease as well as increase. This idea for me, is to buy a share of a supporters owned football club and get a vote. Everything else you pay for.

I'd go for £5k+ if properly organised, and thats the key. Plus some of my time.

But how much is needed to (a) buy it off SLH and (b) restructure the debt in a managable way? No point in gathering up £5m if its far too little to stop the bleeding.

Any normal wage earner like me would have to be mental to put £5k in and it just shows how insignificant £500 would be.

Do you want this club to survive?

Allowing the Saints Trust to have anything to do with this would kill it stone dead. I think a lot of people would walk away, I know I would.

They are a busted flush, this idea needs new faces and and an untainted reputation.

I only mentioned the Saints Trust from the perspective that there is a shell vehicle that could be used as opposed to having to go through the motions of setting some formal structure up.

Of course if there was some other quick way of doing it and starting afresh then no problem, but with such a short deadline things need to be moving fast.

100% Agreed - needs to be a fresh organisation with new people - no disrespect to illingsworth but I feel it needs to be driven on with some new people under a new banner. This is the chance to start again with a clean slate - get back to being a family club with good traditions and values. I think the year on year season ticket discount would form the dividend. Would we have a say in setting season ticket pricing structure?

I would suggest someone ring the Echo to guage opinion. Maybe they could do a phone poll or something. I am a member of MyFootballClub and know Will Brooks through it might be able to introduce him. Also friendly with the CEO of Ebbsfleet, who was a member originally. Need to look at the Barcelona model very closely to understand the workings.

Do you want this club to survive?

What part of "£5,000 would pay the wages of one of our worst and over paid players for one week" don't you understand.

We're not Mansfield or Accrington so passing the bucket round the stands isn't going to make a blind bit of difference no matter how "good" it makes people feel.

And secondly expected ordinary working class people to chuck £5k to cover the wages of the likes of BWP in the middle of a recession and mass unemployment in the south and nationally is obscene and don't appreciate your tone.

I only mentioned the Saints Trust from the perspective that there is a shell vehicle that could be used as opposed to having to go through the motions of setting some formal structure up.

Of course if there was some other quick way of doing it and starting afresh then no problem, but with such a short deadline things need to be moving fast.

It's the political baggage that comes with it is the problem for me. I think as there is already more than £150,000 pledged in such a short time from such a small number this could be a real runner.

The administrator then the bank/bond holder would have to be consulted in the first instance. If it is worth taking forward the initial infrastructure could be set up pretty quickly.

Edited by derry

I'd go for £5k+ if properly organised, and thats the key. Plus some of my time.

But how much is needed to (a) buy it off SLH and (b) restructure the debt in a managable way? No point in gathering up £5m if its far too little to stop the bleeding.

Correct me if I am wrong but we wouldn't be buying it from SLH directly. Plus we would be able to haggle over the price.

I do have a question for the more knowledgeable amongst us. If the club was closed down wouldn't it still be possible to then offer the money to buy it.

Number 1 - Let them re-possess the stadium. We rent it back at a percentage of gate receipts, ie 20% of takings, has go to be better than nothing.

25,000 @ £20 x 20% = £100,000 per match. that's not a bad income over the season imho.

Someone please check my secondary modern maths please or tell me that that's not a starting point.

Correct me if I am wrong but we wouldn't be buying it from SLH directly. Plus we would be able to haggle over the price.

I do have a question for the more knowledgeable amongst us. If the club was closed down wouldn't it still be possible to then offer the money to buy it.

The Administrator is under a duty to maximise the assets to pay off creditors but they would also listen to any viable offers if it meant money in the bank. It would easily be possible for a fans group who came up with a few million to buy the club. The problem is finding the few million and a small board of people who know what they're doing to take it forward.

I'm offering my expertise as a lawyer to do what I can to help - no charge of course. Not often you hear that from a lawyer !

I would be happy to invest in this if it was done legally and properly. Not a repeat of the Trust saga where you have one muppet proclaiming he speaks for everyone.

If it can be run like Barca then i would put a lot of money into it.

My only concern is that if we manage to get even £1m it would make little difference and we would be back in admin in a few months once the debts interest had swallowed it.

If the club comes out of admin with a clean fresh slate without the debts around its neck then im sure many people would be interested.

Put in 5 grand, could be more though it would probabaly go from my business and that depends on my business partner and my accountant.

Disappointing response when someone asked about dividends, maybe he was taking the **** but there should be an element of it being a loan rather than a gift, especially when you are talking about serious investors. Before you all shoot me down it comes down to business and money, i love this club but I;m not stupid enough to just donate money willy nilly, there are certainly more deserving causes in the world for charity.

But I'm not saying that I would neccessary want to see a return, but it has to be accountable because if I'd had shares in SLH after RL went i would have soon sold them once he returned to SFC. To put money in without an escape clause in that some muppet decides that RL or MW or Askham or Cowen etc should come back on board is pure folly.

Whilst not having any spare cash knocking about would mean i'm out of any financial contribution, I'd be happy to pledge my work towards any effort to save the club.

Over the past three years i've studied various topics including; Commercial Management and Administration of Clubs, Sports Leisure and Coaching Law, International Football Management, Marketing and Economics and also Sports Media Management as part of a three year course into Sports Management. I may not be able to contribute financially, however I may be able to provide other benefits towards saving the club and making it strong again.

All for free.

The Administrator is under a duty to maximise the assets to pay off creditors but they would also listen to any viable offers if it meant money in the bank. It would easily be possible for a fans group who came up with a few million to buy the club. The problem is finding the few million and a small board of people who know what they're doing to take it forward.

I'm offering my expertise as a lawyer to do what I can to help - no charge of course. Not often you hear that from a lawyer !

My thanks for the reply but my main concern is the time schedule. Until we know exactly how much money we would have, we would not be in a position to make any offers.

I can though see this idea gaining momentum if it really takes off. The small guys like myself need a few moneyed folk to help lift the total so that we can see that the target can be achieved. Target being the saving of our club.

Being a lawyer I envisage you being able to read and understand any rules and regulations required for the future safety of our club.

I would be happy to invest in this if it was done legally and properly. Not a repeat of the Trust saga where you have one muppet proclaiming he speaks for everyone.

If it can be run like Barca then i would put a lot of money into it.

My only concern is that if we manage to get even £1m it would make little difference and we would be back in admin in a few months once the debts interest had swallowed it.

If the club comes out of admin with a clean fresh slate without the debts around its neck then im sure many people would be interested.

I will try to contact the administrator in the morning and post his response on this thread.

I don't see the money chucked into the existing bottomless pit. If there is a viable response say £20/25m to buy the club for a nominal sum, pay off the £6m debt and service the mortgage leaving a tidy sum as working capital, that would be great, however the ideal solution is for a substantial acceptable bid from the likes of Salz/Davies.

Edited by derry

Tbh I would rather put money into the club and get nothing in return, just to see it survive and know that I have done my part in keeping the club I love survive.

Surely everybody who truly loves SFC feels the same?

A view that I can empathise with. I would happily do my bit to try and keep this Club afloat. However, I can also see the argument that says given the way this Club has been run by some in recent years I would like to sees oemthing put in place to hold them to account!

A view that I can empathise with. I would happily do my bit to try and keep this Club afloat. However, I can also see the argument that says given the way this Club has been run by some in recent years I would like to sees oemthing put in place to hold them to account!

Absolutely essential.

£2k no problem as long as this could be done properly alongside many others. If 9,999 others joined me I reckon we could be on the way to getting this football club back from the corrupt money men that have screwed us for years. It's not about what we can make for ourselves out of Saints, it's what we can do for the club (to paraphrase some pas USA Pres figure).

Just as long as there isn't some power hungry Rupe type waiting there in the wings to **** us yet again.

I'd put some money in.

We'd need at least 6/7 Million I guess which is a massive target, unless we had some big big donations. I guess approach wealth Saints fans / ex player etc will beef this up massively.

Based on the Poll as it stands there is over 225k there already which is a great start, and that assumes people donating £5k plus only donate £6k ish.

Anybody thinking of starting this PM me if you want any help, I'd do anything that could help make the difference.

Well i make it £320k raised & thats without including the 10 who voted £5k plus in under 2 hours. Even if we couldn't raise enough to actually own the club then 320k would go hell of a long way to making sure we make it to the summer & give the administrators a bit more time to find a buyer,

I don't thnk this is the idea: rather, it is to buy SFC, stadium, all the other biots as a going cocern and to run it as a going concern. price? Who knows - depends on any other offers plus what creditors would take, but i don't htink people are prepared to chuck a small amount away for a blood transfusion while the patient is still massivley haemoraging (?). Cure needed, not a tempoprary respite. (And not Dignitas)