MLT on solent - link here;

NickG

MLT - Southampton still a good investment, truly believe we'll still be a football club come 8th August. Oh, and if you ever play that Rembrants song again I'll refuse all future interviews with Solent.

(Some of the above may not be a direct quote)

The FL excuse is a red herring.

Matt said on Saturday to me personally and on SSN that the Pinnacle principles accepted the league's position and it would be signed off on Monday/Tuesday.

Somebody was lying to Matt and that person was Lynam - he never had serious backers and he duped the gullible Matt all along.

I would be interested in hearing the FL's story but I hope it doesn't leave matt with egg on his face. If I was him I would distance myself from lynam quickly and spill the beans.

Matt said on Saturday to me personally and on SSN that the Pinnacle principles accepted the league's position and it would be signed off on Monday/Tuesday.

Somebody was lying to Matt and that person was Lynam - he never had serious backers and he duped the gullible Matt all along.

I would be interested in hearing the FL's story but I hope it doesn't leave matt with egg on his face. If I was him I would distance myself from lynam quickly and spill the beans.

one interview MLT said about the 10 points issue being conceded but their were other terms still being discussed with the league, Fry said there were 8 pages of conditions

Why would anyone do that though? What's in it for Lynham, I mean why waste months messing about for no reason?

one interview MLT said about the 10 points issue being conceded but their were other terms still being discussed with the league, Fry said there were 8 pages of conditions

Yea but Lynam and Matt knew about all the conditions when they made their "we will sign the deal" statements on Saturday. I spoke to both on Saturday and they said the same to me.

IMO Lynam is wriggling out of this using the FL and as for Matt, well i don't know how much he knew tbh but on Saturday morning he rang me after i leaked something on here and said the deal was all tied up and my post could ruin it so could i take it down which I did.

He told me it was just about settled and he had that morning persuaded the backers to agree to the FL demands.

So what Lynam and Matt are now saying is not making sense. Not having a go at Matt here because I think he believes TL but he has got to realise he got into bed with a chancer and should distance himself quickly before the hole he digs gets any bigger.

I had a "full and frank" exchange with both men on Saturday and Lynam was still sending me aggressive texts right up to 11:30 Sunday night.

When it is right I will post the e mail etc and the full story on Pinnacle but suffice to say I don't think there was a cat in hell's chance of them being serious and Fry and Co have been stitched up.

Yea but Lynam and Matt knew about all the conditions when they made their "we will sign the deal" statements on Saturday. I spoke to both on Saturday and they said the same to me.

IMO Lynam is wriggling out of this using the FL and as for Matt, well i don't know how much he knew tbh but on Saturday morning he rang me after i leaked something on here and said the deal was all tied up and my post could ruin it so could i take it down which I did.

He told me it was just about settled and he had that morning persuaded the backers to agree to the FL demands.

So what Lynam and Matt are now saying is not making sense. Not having a go at Matt here because I think he believes TL but he has got to realise he got into bed with a chancer and should distance himself quickly before the hole he digs gets any bigger.

I had a "full and frank" exchange with both men on Saturday and Lynam was still sending me aggressive texts right up to 11:30 Sunday night.

When it is right I will post the e mail etc and the full story on Pinnacle but suffice to say I don't think there was a cat in hell's chance of them being serious and Fry and Co have been stitched up.

not disputing that, just pointing out one interview he did allude to some conditions were still up in the air

You are not the only one he was sending aggressive texts to. I know of someone who says he got one at 2:30 in the morning!! That is when I started having doubts as to the character of Mr Lynam

Why would anyone do that though? What's in it for Lynham, I mean why waste months messing about for no reason?

Exactly, this is what I don't understand. What has Tony Lynam and Fialka got out of this by supposedly "duping" Matt? They've lost money, or someone associated with them has. And they've gained nothing apart from now facing anger from loads of angry Saints fans.

Seems like there is a lot of scapegoating to me. Fact of the matter is the administrator can only take forward the bids he receives - he can't magic people out of thin air and force people to make bids. Someone paid £500k - thats more than any of us have ever put into the club individually!

Fact of the matter is the business case of buying a League One club with £24million debt, a -10pts deduction, a further points deduction to follow if a CVA can't be agreed, does not stack up! And trying do that deal whilst in the middle of the deepest recession in living memory makes it nigh on impossible.

Football has been playing megabucks musical chairs for years and its just our luck that when the music stops we been left high and dry. Life is unfair, end of.

Lets just pray someone can save the club. If it does go under a million and one people all have varying shares of blame whether they meant something to happen or not. I'm not saying there hasn't been mismanagement, there clearly has, but the recession on top of everything else has shafted us good and proper!

exactly, this is what i don't understand. What has tony lynam and fialka got out of this by supposedly "duping" matt? They've lost money, or someone associated with them has. And they've gained nothing apart from now facing anger from loads of angry saints fans.

Seems like there is a lot of scapegoating to me. Fact of the matter is the administrator can only take forward the bids he receives - he can't magic people out of thin air and force people to make bids. Someone paid £500k - thats more than any of us have ever put into the club individually!

Fact of the matter is the business case of buying a league one club with £24million debt, a -10pts deduction, a further points deduction to follow if a cva can't be agreed, does not stack up! And trying do that deal whilst in the middle of the deepest recession in living memory makes it nigh on impossible.

Football has been playing megabucks musical chairs for years and its just our luck that when the music stops we been left high and dry. Life is unfair, end of.

Lets just pray someone can save the club. If it does go under a million and one people all have varying shares of blame whether they meant something to happen or not. I'm not saying there hasn't been mismanagement, there clearly has, but the recession on top of everything else has shafted us good and proper!

this is a good post

You are not the only one he was sending aggressive texts to. I know of someone who says he got one at 2:30 in the morning!! That is when I started having doubts as to the character of Mr Lynam

It was the sunglasses that gave him away.

It was the sunglasses that gave him away.

The sunglasses were an indication of a flashsod out of his depth, and when they wheeled the penniless Shylock as their backer the credibility was blown.

D,

have you heard anything to suggest we may be close to a proper bid? Fry talked about about a short time frame, did he mean this week?

Having seen how long his 'we expect things to be sorted out over the next 24/48 hours" are ... I wouldn't hold your breath waiting :(

The only good thing to come out of yesterday is that it means today I won't be logging on here / The Echo / The OS / BBC every 5 minutes. Off now to do some shopping, maybe go for a dip in the pool, have a few brewskis .... see you all in 5 minutes then :rolleyes: