Gutierrez says Pardew told him to ‘go away’ after it was discovered he had cancer

BG_Saint

Something lost in translation I would imagine.

The very fact that he wanted to be treated back in Argentina so that he could better understand the doctors suggests his English was not the best.

A non story this one.

Indeed. He may have "lost it" on the touch line but he isn't the first one to do so. I really don't think he would be so callous. As for his sacking Alpine I am sure that was more to do with a clash of personalities with Cortese

Newcastle gave him leave to go back to Argentina. I think this is willful misinterpretation.

Agreed. Pardew probably told him he could "go away for as long as it takes to recover", or something, as opposed to the articles implication of "well f*ck off then."

Edit, just seen a picture of Gutierrez's bird. Maybe pards had an ulterior motive??

2vhydf8.jpg

Edited by scotty

I think these anti-Pardew threads are just silly. This has been misinterpreted pure and simple. There is absolutely no evidence that he is a heavy gambling womaniser either. He comes across well in interviews and at least recognised the Saints fans craving for a trophy. He got us back to winning ways and signed some really good players. I, for one, have no issues with him.

Alan Pardew, Manager of the season just two years ago, is now the Newcastle fans scapegoat for their team not doing well. For people to then go on a character assassination exercise is about as despicable as you can get. This thread has no place on the Saints' forum.