I see the tide has turned.

View From The Top

I hope the guys who run the car wash in Paynes Road don't go home. They do a first class job.

except that they were probably doctors and lawyers back in their country of origin.Still never mind it would probably give a couple of less cerebral punters a chance...although they'll probably find it too demeaning for them.That's the problem in the UK nobody wants the sh*t jobs any more with long hours and good pay, they want short hours and even better pay and illimited internet access during working hours of course.

When you leave base though TDD and you say "Right, I'm off home" where do you end up? Southampton or Plymouth?

home is my house...it is the term I use to describe where I rest my head at night...I usally call it my place or pad..never really "home"

I refer to southampton as "home"..

If I am in glasgow for example, and say "i want to go home this weekend" for me (and most other lads I know) that is taken as where you are from...as in, I want to go back to southampton

plymouth is not my home, I just happen to live here

Edited by Thedelldays

except that they were probably doctors and lawyers back in their country of origin.Still never mind it would probably give a couple of less cerebral punters a chance...although they'll probably find it too demeaning for them.That's the problem in the UK nobody wants the sh*t jobs any more with long hours and good pay, they want short hours and even better pay and illimited internet access during working hours of course.

because we live in a society where you can leave school and get free money/house/laptops/bus passes....without actually having to work for it

I wonder if said polish chaps got such generosity from their government years back or did they have to work for it..?

Has anyone tried Lech or Tyskie? They are my absolute lager of choice at the off-liscence. Lech is probably the worlds best lager; and I should know I drink millions of gallons of lager every day. Also got a decent enough Estonian woman out of this mass immigration; better than the usual English Rotweiller I usually attract; so for me its been a good thing.

I detest that phrase "...going home". Jesus, if they live here then Britain is their home.

Not if they are migrant workers. Home is where the heart is. Classic PC stuff from you TLS; always trying to sniff out perecieved racism.

Edited by Sergei Gotsmanov

home is my house...it is the term I use to describe where I rest my head at night...I usally call it my place or pad..never really "home"

I refer to southampton as "home"..

If I am in glasgow for example, and say "i want to go home this weekend" for me (and most other lads I know) that is taken as where you are from...as in, I want to go back to southampton

plymouth is not my home, I just happen to live here

Can you justify your job under the new cuts government TDD?

Frankly, most others will consider the RN nuke fleet to be way down the list!

A quick fix would be to have nuclear ammunitions on aircraft that exist for example and keep some teachers in work! And then three hunter-killers.

Edited by TopGun

Frankly, most others will consider the RN nuke fleet to be way down the list!

A quick fix would be to have nuclear ammunitions on aircraft that exist for example and keep some teachers in work! And then three hunter-killers.

well, considering more nuc subs are being built and the tories and pledged to keep with the replacement for trident (and the libdems have now dropped their opposition to it) would say you are wrong..

I could list countless missions/operations that we/I have done/been involved in but some of them "never really happened"

most others - who are these..?

oh, why stop at 3..lets just bin them all...and the figates, and throw in a few army regimemants whilst we are at it..PWRR..? Green Jackets..?...just hand over the falklands to the argies and gibraltar to the spanish..hell, lets just have a few heavy coast guard ships, a few helicopters and a home guard..sod it

Edited by Thedelldays

Not if they are migrant workers. Home is where the heart is. Classic PC stuff from you TLS; always trying to sniff out perecieved racism.

Just don't mention the fact that UAF (of which he's a member) march alongside far right islamist extremists.

Not at all, just pointing out the obvious.

HTH.

Re UAF: Hey dune, at least I admit I'm a member of UAF...when will you admit you're a neo-nazi? We ALL remember the comments...

SG, the key word there is 'mostly'.

Edited by Thorpe-le-Saint

Not at all, just pointing out the obvious.

HTH.

Re UAF: Hey dune, at least I admit I'm a member of UAF...when will you admit you're a neo-nazi? We ALL remember the comments...

SG, the key word there is 'mostly'.

Very quick to judge TLS - isn't that the trait of a fascist?