Disney Land Paris

Hatch

Had a couple of European Sales conferences there in winter. Awful venue 300 Testosterone filled sales guys and a couple of tourist.

BUT on the last afternoon we had time to run around the theme parkand it was Brilliant - we managed to do all the main rides in 2 hours - cold & wet Thursday afternoon in Feb

Went with kids some time ago. We stayed at the Davy Crockett Camp - sort of mobile home places - no facilities so to speak but good value and self catering

Will be damned expensive now though a round of burgers & cokes broke the bank when it was 1.2 Euros to a dollar now days - youch.

There is a great Outlet Village one train stop up the road to Paris, but again probably cheaper going to that one near Oxford now days

It's usually ignored and dismissed as "not very good" due to how awesome the one in Florida is, but it's actually very good. Not the biggest of places, but if you can afford to go to the Studios next door then that adds at least another days entertainment on.

(The car stunt show at the studios is a must by the way).

Been twice and enjoyed it both times - despite being barely able to walk the second time!!!

First time we stayed in Sante Fe hotel which was like Portsmouth with mexican food.

Second time we stayed in Newport Bay Hotel, which was absolutely fantastic.

Were the on park hotels value for money - no chance, but nor is Disneyland Paris - it certainly isn't a 'budget' holiday!!

It wasn't so bad last summer at 1.4 euros per pound, but even then it was costing 30-40 euros for lunch in the park :shock:

Will you enjoy it, you bet :D

(The car stunt show at the studios is a must by the way).

Had a great family holiday there a few years back, about 12 of us.

Me and the wife were delayed getting to the stunt show and I told the Grandkids that I had been asked to fill in for one of the stunt guys. I swear that they still believe this to be true. And when they watch the old video tape, they always say "There's Grandad" when the bloke slides the motorbike under the truck.

We were in fact sat a couple of rows behind them all the time.

is it worth taking the family there?

3 girls aged 12,11 and 7.

Also , best places to stay, Are the resort hotels value for money or not?

Any other recommendations.

Rule 1? :D

I went when I was about 12 and thought it was rubbish. Loads of rides closed, massive queues for the few that were open. Very expensive and everything felt low budget. I hear Florida is much better!

Definately go your kids will love it.

Depends on when you want to go of course.We went a few years ago in November and although busy,there were no queues and didnt have to wait that long for anything.

My sister in law went in July and said they spent hours waiting to go on the rides.

You would do better to stay out of the area and drive/bus in,rather than stay at the resort because you will save a lot of money.

When you get there,make sure you visit the haunted house.Awesome.

Hope you have a good time if you decide to go.