-
Posts
1352 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Billy the Kidd
-
So if there is a clause about paying less the more he plays, it would have been in the contract when we signed him on loan. We didnt just forget about it, when Liverpool supposedly said something. I just think sometimes we want to find an excuse to sit with what we think - in this case you dont like him playing over some of our players, which I understand. Maybe Ralph is looking at him with a view to next year - that seems plausible. Also, who would you play in his role? Tells? He has done ok, but not much better than ok atm, which is fine as he has broken through, due to injuries, and taken a big forward step. He still needs to improve. I also dont think Minamino has been as bad as a small minority on here sometime make out.
-
That’s Pony - what if Redmond gets the assist to Minamino 🤷♂️ Jan is gone. Must be Jack’s turn today. Although one dick head on here tried to claim Nate didnt get an assist - just a hopeful lump into the box 🤔
-
Then Ralph and I are clearly aligned then Matt. Maybe we are the same person. Thanks for pointing that out though btw, I wondered what it meant when i read the article 🤣
-
He certainly will be next season... I'd agree though, have zero interest in RLC if it was a straight loan. Loan to buy I could with, for decent fee and wages. But that ain't happening. How did AMN play for W Brom? I wasnt keen on him either. Seems like a Villa signing to me next season.
-
Quite possibly but Villa wasn't local either.
-
The biggest bollocks is he wants a fee for a player out of contract 🤑
-
Ah what does Blackmore know, he has a shit attitude as well 😉
-
We did need the cash yes, and I still think it was good business. At the start of the season, we had cover for both positions. But both turned out no where near good enough when called on. Partly bad planning, however we tried to get Williams and were told near the end of the window it wasnt happening. With how bad both were, I saw the sense of not having them around. And I literally have no answer to you saying about waking up on 1st July thinking shit, we have no left back - are you not aware they have already been looking for a LB for 1st team, and are looking at possible cover for both Left and Right back? - anyhow, will leave you to think that if it makes you happy😂
-
This seems rather subjective to say the least. We have been looking for LBs for a while now, even had RB stayed, we needed someone to take over the baton in 6-12 months. That at the very least is succession planning. We even tried to get Brandon Williams all of last season on loan, likely with a view to purchase. That again is succession planning. Did you think we were going to just wake up on 1 July or whine RBs contract officially ends and think ‘has anyone seen Ryan, he hasn’t shown up for work’. Also, youre saying we are going to have to pay £12-15m for RBs replacement - I’d agree. Didnt we get £16-17m for Targett? So that means we got more for the outgoing player than we will spend on the incoming one? And what if, we there is every possibility, we get RBs replacement that is better than Targett?
-
Ahem to lots of posts above.
-
The only thing I could think of is a game after the season restarted last year perhaps. But yeah, is strange. Just hoping tonight isn’t as boring as the opening fixture.
-
Yeah, I did know. I’m in a jovial mood tonight, no idea why as I had my vaccine first thing this morning and not feeling so good.
-
I think it was a shit show from our beleaguered manager that he didnt play in the last game. Just no consistency with Ralph.
-
I’m confused. I thought it was Diallo and Salisu who were hungry???
-
But not the original one? ok then, as you were.
-
Have the messages just been deleted?
-
Nah Adams is shit. For the £15m we paid for him, we could have got Cavani for nothing. Noddy club 😉
-
Ah you bugger, you beat me to it 😉
-
It really wasnt. We have played this way for a while, and Ralph has been here almost 3 years. Our play continued from our great end of season form from last year. Unless you think the games we played where we did great, none of the opposition managers did any prep work. So, as you say we got worked out by other teams, how come they didnt do that during our good spell? Now, I'm not saying Ralph has been perfect in 2021, but shit happens, and our form has been a combination of many things. Now, I'm not expecting a rationale, reasonable response from you. Just thought I'd mention I dont quite see this how you do and to offer a different angle 👍
-
We may finish there, we may not. If we finish 15th or higher, whilst not great isn't too bad either. And it gives us so much more to achieve next season 🤣
-
Pretty decent thought. Redmond has resale value now, and Theo on a free. I'd imagine wages could be similar, maybe Theo now cheaper. They're about as good as one another, so wouldn't be the worst deal ever for us.
-
I’d argue they wont - many of their players are on loan.
-
Surely if we finish 17th or better, over 38 games, we do deserve to stay up, or am I missing something? Next season you may be correct.
-
So, in 55 years of top flight football, we have been dining at the upper table for about 45 years. Not bad for shit team, with no ambition!
-
See, I see this as a sign we are getting better than Theo, better than what we have.
