Jump to content

Matthew Le God

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    31617
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Matthew Le God

  1. Shaw born in 1995, Hughes left Barcelona in 1988. That still doesn't mean it can't have been him. Even if Mark Hughes was English the Saints player was wrong, Gary Lineker left Barcelona in 1989!
  2. It isn't really SSN. It is followed by under 300 people (if real it would be in hundreds of thousands) and has some clearly daft tweets in its history. They also are unlikely to call it "SSNSources".
  3. That is Artur Boruc, not exactly a youngster!
  4. Nicola Cortese = Paul Simon Mauricio Pochettino = Chevy Chase If you'll be my manager I can be your long lost pal I can call you Nicki And Nicki when you call me You can call me Mo Call me Mo A man walks down the street It's a street in a strange world Maybe it's the Third World Maybe it's he's in Pompey He doesn't speak the language He holds no currency He is a foreign man He is surrounded by the sound The sound Skates in Fratton Park Scatterlings and orphanages He looks around, around He sees angels in the architecture Spinning in St Mary's He says Amen and Hallelujah! If you'll be my manager I can be your long lost pal I can call you Nicki And Nicki when you call me You can call me Mo Call me Mo
  5. I was referring to the assistant being in the stands. Lots in the media are making a mountain out of a molehill about his level of English.
  6. Because Adam Blackmore mentioned it during the commentary on BBC Radio Solent and I saw it on the Saints Player extended highlights earlier today.
  7. His English isn't as bad as is being made out. The assistant manager does speak good English, but watched the game from the stands in order to have a better view of the pitch from higher up.
  8. Which one?
  9. What tipped the balance for you?
  10. We didn't spend £12 million on 21 year old Uruguayan internationals under Poortvliet. Academy players will only get near the first team if they are good enough like Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Walcott, Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lallana. With a category 1 academy and some of the best training facilities in England at Stapleowood, recruitment for young players will improve even further at Saints and we'll be producing more quality players than ever before. The team will continue to be a mix of signings like Ramirez, Clyne, Forren etc and academy products like Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Lallana etc.
  11. Listen to it here... http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/richard-keys-and-andy-gray/130122/southampton-legend-lawrie-mcmenemy-joins-keys-gray-live-studio-189865
  12. Mark Forbes the kitman.
  13. Currently... 2c and raining in Southampton 12c and sunny in Barcelona
  14. Yoshida and Forren bonding...
  15. "Jason Puncheon, he wears what he wants!"
  16. Why would you hope that? Of course he deserves a good package, but "screws us to the ground"? A lot of it may have already been sorted out at the time of his contract extension.
  17. I bet on the day he was sacked (given promotion wage rises etc), he was on a lot more than circa £6k p/w. Mauricio Pochettino was apparently on £25k p/w at Espanyol, I'd guess Saints have given him a pay rise on that.
  18. tbf to Biglia, he is an Argentinean international, captain of Anderlecht and playing in the Champions League. I'm happy with Cork and Schneiderlin, but if we bring in players like Biglia, I won't complain at the extra competition in the squad.
  19. Nick Harvey the fitness coach was being used to get the message to players alot.
  20. Did he seriously suggest Paul Jewell?
  21. Mayuka's most effective game for us was wide on the right in the 4-2-3-1 vs Tottenham at St Mary's, changed the game when he came on and looked more effective than he did as a central striker. I do agree we could do with another attacking wide player though.
  22. Mauricio Pochettino played in France for 3 years for PSG and Bordeaux, so probably was talking to Schneiderlin in French. He also speaks Italian and his English isn't as bad as is being made out by some in the press.
  23. How do you know they haven"t?
×
×
  • Create New...