sandwichsaint
Subscribed Users-
Posts
3400 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by sandwichsaint
-
I think we'd all prefer Ricky to start but it wouldn't be the end of the world if JRod had to play. We are starting to get a settled team/style/shape and the next level now is about having players to come in (to cover injuries/suspensions/rotations) and DAJFU without disrupting what's already going on. The difference between seamless and shoe-horning if you will. I could see JRod doing a decent job in this team when he's called on, great finish today.
-
The people has us linked with ex Chelsea boss.
sandwichsaint replied to Pilchards's topic in The Saints
Perfect fit then. (sorry, couldn't resist. In real life I don't believe this at all) -
Poll: Is liking the chairman important to you?
sandwichsaint replied to St Marco's topic in The Saints
Whether I like the chairman is fairly irrelevant it's much more important that the chairman likes me. On balance this one has done more good for me than not, always room for improvement but I'd give him 8/10 so far. No, make that 9/10 for not knee-jerking NA out the door after our difficult start - we've turned the corner and we are now looking to put some serious points on the board, starting from this afternoon. Hopefully NA, the players and the fans will repay the chairman's judgement with another three points today. COYRs! -
Nice low key return, has he got a game on Saturday?
-
Alan Pardew (groin ache)
-
Adkins will at best be third in the sack race then - that's one in the eye for the knockers that said he was the nailed on to win it.
-
What a mess to be in, 3 keepers, all with some strengths, but all appear to have significant weaknesses. By default I would keep Gazza in goal and hope he can eliminate the silly mistakes and maintain his concentration for the full 90, the more he plays the better he will get (hopefully!). Unfortunately due to his last two performances he has put himself in the firing line and could possibly be dropped on Sunday. Anymore foul-ups and it will be hard for NA to persist with him, 'settled side' or not. I'm sort of leaning towards a second chance for KD, excellent last season but hopeless in the games he played this season. Has he learnt from this and is he ready to bounce back? Unlikely but possible. I'm rather discounting Boruc, I'm well aware of his pedigree but he has looked like a joke in the games he has played - maybe he has trained hard and sharpened up over the last 6 weeks (or maybe the 'incident' and the 'inquiry' has further unsettled him)? In reality this is NA's biggest dilemma at the moment - he's sees the players train every day and I'm sure we can rely on him to make the right call. I'll have a cheeky fiver that Gazza starts on Sunday.
-
OK, you've got me. I should have inserted IMHO he's definitely Prem squad standard, clearly it's hypothetical and until he plays a number of games in the Prem we won't know it as a FACT either way. I'm quite happy to back my judgement though, I'd like to think I'm right about calling players much more often than I'm wrong!
-
Ipswich home he was excellent, based on last year's performances he's definitely Prem squad standard.
-
Matt & Lawrie on 5Live Sportsweek this morning
sandwichsaint replied to swannymere's topic in The Saints
Lock this thread - let's not have our best weekend for ages ruined with another 10 pages of drivel. -
Shane ritchie!! eddie hitler!! andrew ridgley!! flyer!!!
sandwichsaint replied to The Majestic Channon's topic in The Saints
Mick Jones of the Clash and Steve Cook erstwhile Pistol are both big QPR fans, -
Please help a student with a quick survey
sandwichsaint replied to SaintNeil90's topic in The Lounge
This. I've done it and cheated for you so you can get your 50/100 respondents, it really could have done with a bit more of the old thinking/planning up front though. -
So which is it at 8.30 - us or West Brom?
-
Abso-chuffing-lutely! Let's judge Nige now he's got a full squad to choose from. Green shoots last week - absolutely verdant today .... bring on the barcodes next week!!!!
-
magic!!!!
-
Get in!
-
Do you know my best man?
-
He was good last night but I was more surprised his name didn't come up on the recent 'you thought they were going to be good thread'. Remember when we first signed him, lots of bigging-up and lots of posts about how good he was in pre-season, remember going to Gillingham for my first glimpse (that's probably my favourite word - a sexual onomatopoea, just say it slowly) for either a friendly or an early season league cup game. Massively under-whelmed, he looked good, he strutted, he even did a bit, but for me the sum never added up to the parts. Agree he was in the wrong sort of side (more of a Liverpool-when-they-were-good sort of player) but not sure he was ever cut out for the hurly-burly life of a Southampton midfielder. A few decent players around him and it might have been different. He will go down in my annals as an average Saints player, nice missus though.
-
I'm very surprised they are going after twitter-ists - apparently there are still rich, intelligent and well-connected people who don't even have the internet in their homes. In all honesty I was a little 'surprised' but I'm certainly not going to dispute it - I whole heartedly accept that it is very likely that there are loads of rich and well connected people who don't have the internet in their homes. (Is there an icon for 'suspends disbelief'?)
-
Also forgot to add the Ramones at Canterbury! My party piece nowadays is to go up to anybody wearing a Ramones tee shirt and say 'Have you seen them?' For the yoof it is enuf to say who were these Ramones? For older punters I haven't yet found anyone answering 'yes' in the past 18 months of fandom - I completely ruined a bloke in front of his mates in the pub before West Ham away last year, luckily he saw the funny side and we had a good music chat thereafter. I think that's my claim to fame ' I saw the Ramones live' (probably their only UK tour, but I stand to be corrected).
-
Flyer has said that it's win or bye-bye for Sparky on Saturday, all via ITK sauces, and he's never been wrong on here has he?
-
But probably not in instalments over a couple of weeks, if we have taken (2000) then presumably they have sold or are selling the remainder to home fans? Idle speculation by me alert, can anyone confirm if this is correct?
-
Ah, the old Derry formation, a 'front goalkeeper' if you will.
-
from next year, 2013-2014.
-
No, no, no, thrice no, you've got this all wrong. Those silly BBC lefties have conspired with a whole bunch of desperate/damaged/deluded/compensation-hungry, attention-seeking, self-serving liars; there never was any child abuse, certainly not institutionalised and reaching into the higher levels of society, whatever made your silly head think this? This story isn't going anywhere any more, they'll break the BEEB (there's a bonus ball for you) rather than have this go any further. It really doesn't matter, it was all a long time ago, and it mainly affected other people, not people like us.
