-
Posts
4,078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by CanadaSaint
-
This thread should have been strangled at birth.
-
It's got Minty written all over it. Or possibly Weston.
-
Some things are better left un-said. It's only a matter of time before one of our forum morons turns up rejoicing.
-
Please tell me you're kidding. You're not, are you?
-
If we win on Saturday: Good for Saints, Bad for Bournemouth
CanadaSaint replied to jawillwill's topic in The Saints
Yes, and further to that I'd offer this: The more I look at the likely candidates for positions 3-6 (Peterborough, Huddersfield and the hard-charging Leyton Orient, who have been doing it for weeks) the more anxious I am to finish in the top two. While I don't doubt our skill levels and while I still think we have the best players in the division, I'm not convinced that we have the intestinal fortitude necessary to emerge from that lot in the playoffs. Saturday is huge. -
Same as dune for me, and I'm pretty sure the issue's not at my end.
-
I'm sorry to hear that and it's hard not to view it as a continuation of the disregard for the past. It wasn't much to ask that we did something to honour him appropriately, and I'm afraid the club is not doing itself any favours with this.
-
Brighton are a classic illustration of the truth behind the following words: The harder I work, the luckier I get. (Samuel Goldwyn, apparently)
-
Is he okay with that?
-
Awful isn't it, and it's a home game FFS. Saturday is going to be a gong show on here.
-
3-0 up but Alps is *****ing about results elsewhere (even though the top two are dropping points) and lard has completely disappeared. Hypo sounds positive, though. Go figure.
-
Dave FFS. Don't keep saying that sh*t.
-
First I've heard of it. Now, what we don't need to do is concede a goal before half time. What we can't afford to do is take our foot off the pedal. Lalanna is arbosoootly margnificent.
-
If you could say just one word to any Saints player past or present?
CanadaSaint replied to Deppo's topic in The Saints
Whydoyoukeepcuttingout? -
Colchester 0 - 2 Saints - Post Match Reaction
CanadaSaint replied to Saint_clark's topic in The Saints
Excellent result today, Dave, especially there. There's another type of team I'm on the lookout for, and one seems to turn up every year. It's the "spoiler" - a team not really going anywhere themselves but capable of screwing up teams that are. Every team will slip but it's just so damned frustrating that we used up one of our lives at Walsall of all places. Vancouver's great. As I type this I'm watching a cruise ship sail past on its way up to the Alaska coast. Not as warm as Harry and Adsy, though! -
Colchester 0 - 2 Saints - Post Match Reaction
CanadaSaint replied to Saint_clark's topic in The Saints
Ah, but I'm positive as in "optimistic" but not positive as in "confident"! I remember Muhammed Ali saying that if he hit some guy (it might have been Cooper) and he didn't go down, he'd walk round the other side to see what was holding him up. That's how I feel about Bournemouth, and I really admire the way they have refused to fall back on excuses. I wish our lot had their intestinal fortitude - especially as that's what keeps you going through fixture backlogs. -
Colchester 0 - 2 Saints - Post Match Reaction
CanadaSaint replied to Saint_clark's topic in The Saints
I agree with you. Every year we see a team that goes into free-fall and a team that puts together a late run and comes from nowhere. Orient may well be the late-run team and I have a feeling that Bournemouth might hit a bad patch; hopefully it will start next Saturday. -
Delete
-
I took issue with you last night because I think you deserved it but I agree completely with that thought today. Time and time again those two names have gone through my mind as "just what this side needs". Those exact two. They insisted on commitment, they insisted on sticking to the things we do well, they pulled the errant sheep back onto plan with their leadership, and they never once expected anyone to do something they weren't willing to do themselves. I happen to think that Adkins is doing fine but he can't be out there on the pitch, and when things go pear-shaped the leadership void seems clearly apparent. Our biggest problem - in my opinion and granted from far, far away - is that if we don't score when we're on top, we start drifting away from the game plan and things can go to hell in a handbasket. If we had either a Bally or a Case this year I think we'd be well clear at the top. But that kind of leadership doesn't grow on trees.
-
LOL. You seriously need to grow up and practice your reading skills. Like your balanced judgment skills, they really go down the sh*tter after a loss. As I said last night, you have a problem with Cortese, you have a problem with Adkins and you have a problems with many of the players. I know what you're "against" but I'm very unclear about what you're "for". I'm not going to start up with you again, hypo. Most people have moved on from last night. Have a nice day.
-
I think I did because we see this junk from the same people with every bad result. Even after a night's sleep I'm still frustrated about it. That's an excellent post IMO. I especially agree with the last sentence although I think the "one or two" understates it. For me, now, it's not a case of that hideous loss but of how we respond to it. By all accounts we played well enough to win and Adkins deserves some credit for that. If we don't respond to the loss with extra effort at the weekend my relatively mild concerns about Adkins will increase. But as I've said before, I think our squad is much better suited to the Championship than to away nights at Division One grounds. Adkins' big challenge (just as it was Pardew's) is to get these guys "up" for this kind of challenge or else we'll still be here next year - and he, along with some key players, won't. And, for what it's worth, I think we need to finish in the top two because I'm not convinced we're strong enough psychologically to make it through the playoffs.
-
I love the way sweeping statements are made by people who don't go to games. Duncan, that's a sweeping generalization akin to "All trade unionists are militant, left wing nutbars". As I've said before, I've heard some incomprehensibly stupid things said at games by people with season tickets. Even after time for sober second thought, regular attendees will come on here and post utter nonsense or disagree diametrically with other posters about how someone played. Being there isn't the font of all wisdom and perspective. I think it would have done you more justice if you'd taken issue with something in S-Clarke's post rather than throw that cheap and shallow argument out.
-
To be fair, if you check the thread that comment was aimed far more at lard than at you. My issue with you is the negativity - critical of Cortese, critical of Adkins. I know what you're "against", I'm just not sure what you're "for". We're in a damn dogfight here - potentially with a hell of a lot more than promotion at stake. That's why it makes it all the more frustrating to see these constant sniper attacks every time a result goes against us. Sh*t result but we're still well placed. Reason for concern? Yes. Reason for bile and panic? No. I'm off to help my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter move house. Another time, another thread, hypo.
-
So you have “issues about cortese” and on the Adkins thread you posted this: Now you have issues with the Chairman and issues with the manager and – even though we’re still well placed for a promotion push thanks to mainly-good results over a prolonged period – you deny being “unfairly negative.” I won’t respond to the “You are an idiot” part in kind because that kind of comment is the last refuge of someone losing their cool when they’re losing an argument. Come to think of it, you don’t handle losing very well at all, do you hypo? You prefer to lash out and throw blame in all directions, just like some of the other listed names. That’s my OPINION. Did you spend any time thinking about all the barneys you’ve had with a wide array of people on this forum? Thought not. Of course you’re welcome to air your views, just as I’m free to tell you that I think you’d much rather be right in your anti-Adkins stance (which you’ve held since before he arrived) than to see us promoted. Again, that’s my OPINION. No, I don’t. I find it offensive that people who claim to be fans have little to offer but criticism. Yet again, that's my OPINION. No point p*ssing at eachother any more. I'm not going to change your viewpoint and you sure as hell are not going to change mine. I'll make my judgments at the end of the season and I'll retain my overall optimism for now despite tonight's bad result.
-
You can post all the carefully selected links you want, hypo, but if most people on this forum were asked who they'd least like to be shipwrecked with, I think Alpine would be at the top and lard, you, dalek and Charlie Wayman would be right there too. Think about the number of times that you've each encountered widespread anger in response to your negative, over the top posts. Just think about it. Today's result was dreadful but we're still well-placed thanks in no small part to the efforts of the guy you'd all fire - not because he deserves it but because you, in your infinite wisdom, didn't want him in the first place. Because he wasn't a "big name". For most balanced people the jury is still out on Adkins, but not for you guys. That's the "pathetic" opinion from this "idiot".
