-
Posts
4,078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by CanadaSaint
-
Herbert Blagrave's Trust...and £22.M...potentially!!
CanadaSaint replied to Channon's Sideburns's topic in The Saints
They could use it to start up another village around St. Mary's. After all, we've already got the idiot. -
Persactly. Screwed if we do, screwed if we don't.
-
FFS folks. We win three out of four, look more alive than we've looked for months, and now we start ripping the sh*t out of each other. I know, I know, I don't have to read it, but Jeez. Enough already.
-
I hope Wotte drums into the team his reaction to today's defeat - "We didn't pass it enough against a physically strong side". Most if not all of these "must win" games will be against physically strong sides and we absolutely must move the ball around against them. If we don't we'll struggle.
-
They have the Top 4 to play and I think we've only got one game against Top 4 sides.
-
I think it will turn out to be more than four of us slugging it out. There are some budding freefalls above us, including Donny I think.
-
Dead right. Tuesday is huge and things could look a lot different come 10:00pm.
-
How many people realistically expected us to get anything today? One moment of lost concentration cost us, just before half time, against a stacked club. That's a much different story to earlier in the season. A lot of teams are in this, including Donny, and we have a steel we never had before. We were damn near dead and buried three weeks ago but now I'm very hopeful we can get out of this.
-
Sh*t or bust time. Size or Saga will pull this out.
-
I have a feeling it's going to be all us in the last ten minutes.
-
Saga seems to be having one of those games where he'll do SFA except score.
-
Yep, compare the line-ups and we were always in deep in this one. There's a new found steel in us that I hope (and think) will see us okay, especially as there's a whack of teams who could very quickly fall right back in the sh*t.
-
Nah, we're still cooking, Ginge. Even if we lose today, and I'm hopeful we'll still get a point.
-
I think Donny have had their purple patch and will soon be back in the quagmire at the bottom.
-
I get the sense that Wotte's substitutions are far more logical and effective than JP's - or anyone else's over the past 3+ years. Fingers crossed.
-
Not a lot's happening in there. Not a lot's happening in there. Not a lot's happening in there. Not a lot's happening in there.
-
I think this revisionist history is inevitable as Rupert attempts to cleanse his past and salvage some semblance of a reputation - in football and in the business community. As Um said, "He (Wotte) really would be better advised to steer clear of this sort of stuff and stick to the football." But I suspect that Rupert sees a successful Wotte as the key to salvaging his reputation, so he'll use him mercilessly.
-
It was fun until it strangled itself with volume. Hopefully the techy folks can get it fixed. Thanks anyway, Baj.
-
It's kind of ironic that we criticize the Big 3 for not getting their sh*t together when we couldn't find any degree of unanimity if our lives depended on it. And, funnily enough, it all seems to boil down to the same things - competing egos and people who can't moderate their views in order to create something more cohesive. I wish we could find something that works because the club we all claim to love has never needed that more than it does right now. What's that old motto - "It's not why we can't but how we can".
-
Mary Corbett felt "threatened" and "physically intimidated" by Lowe
CanadaSaint replied to jonah's topic in The Saints
It is so blindingly frustrating that multiple posters have been urging the Big 3 to park their differences for the good of the club for - what is it, over two years? As much as I'd like to see it happen I don't think it will. And even if it does it will result in more of the kind of ego-based infantile bickering that has brought us to where we are. Only a high-calibre intermediary director could prevent that, but how do they find someone acceptable to all three? And who'd be nuts enough to do take it on? And so the bull**** continues. Unless all of them (not just one) can lose some arrogance and find some humility and intelligence we're heading for administration. -
Mary Corbett felt "threatened" and "physically intimidated" by Lowe
CanadaSaint replied to jonah's topic in The Saints
There's something that has intrigued me for some time. A lot of bad stuff has been posted on here regarding Lowe, and we've heard from multiple sources (I think) that he keeps in touch with the forum - either directly or through minions. We've also heard - and seen - that he has a litigious streak. So why hasn't he acted on one or more the more damaging accusations/stories? Even just to send a shot across the bows and slow the ship down. It has happened at other clubs (Sheff Wed, I think). -
Hell knows no fury like a massive ego under-stroked - never mind questioned. Man, I'd pay good money to see the preening rooster lose his cool. Perhaps now we see why the Echo has been reluctant to do its job and "tell it like it is".
-
Why didn't Wotte speak up earlier in the season?
CanadaSaint replied to trousers's topic in The Saints
Perhaps he did speak up - eventually, but maybe it was through one of those "unofficial communication lines" that Rupert allegedly likes to cultivate. -
I'm sure they're not bosom buddies but it sounds like Euell parked his frustration today and filled a very valuable leadership role. Would that be an incorrect assumption, um?
