Jump to content

egg

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    18347
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by egg

  1. Our 10 years are above theirs, and growing scarily quickly. Latest figures below. The FTSE was up this am and the 10 years down, and those positions reversed during the day. The markets will inevitably fall when yields are this attractive. I'm starting to move things around a wee bit.
  2. egg

    Israel

    It's unbelievable, and seems to be much more sinister than "just" the fight initially reported.
  3. Gotcha, thanks that. Breaching an NDA isn't clever, but it's hard to see how that undermines the decision itself. Let's see where this goes.
  4. Whatever the word used, City aren't prejudiced by the outcome being out there. The appeal tribunal will decide it on its merits. I suspect you've listened to a media hungry lawyer.
  5. Enhancing
  6. What do you mean by "defence"? They've made their defence, and lost. An appeal would focus on the decision being wrong. A leak of the outcome wouldn't prejudice that - the appeal tribunal will know the decision as they'd be deciding if it was wrong.
  7. That was a ridiculous thing to ask him. Part of my work involves SEND kids, and ADHD diagnosis is common place, but many kids are deemed to be disregulated by neuro divergence when I'm reality they're impacted by hormones, diet, immaturity, and all manner of things. Like Whelk, I'd probably be diagnosed, but what would be the point. I don't need the badge. Or PiP. Although a cheap mobility motor sounds appealing.
  8. Helpful article...uefa rules breached too. https://www.mishcon.com/news/manchester-city-independent-commission-publishes-decision-on-premier-league-charges
  9. I think it was probably a combination of the reality being harder than theory as you suggest, plus some policy and PR people around him turning him into the wet lemon he became. The knee nonsense, for example, was undoubtedly a suggestion from policy and PR people, and I'm not sure it got any better for him after that.
  10. I'm not sure he was authentic. In opposition he was completely different. He kicked Boris around the commons in PMQ's and looked like he could be brilliant. Then he got the gig and was completely different. Kind of a labour version of John Major, but worse.
  11. egg

    Israel

    Bloody hell. That sounded horrendous. Stabbed as well.
  12. Agreed. I think that with some money to spend where it's needed, and if we weren't so debt laden, that he could do really well. The odds are against him though sadly.
  13. That's a different issue. They weren't/aren't.
  14. That suggests that you have no issue with them cooking the books for years, cranking up prices and wages so other clubs a) can't compete with them for players and b) can't stay within FFP/PSR rules because of said increases. I'm not on board with that. FFP/PSR is nonsense, agreed, but that doesn't make any of this right.
  15. I'm not sure that immigration was the Brexit vote swinger. I think it was more about national autonomy, and a misguided belief we'd do better alone than as part of a collective. People will always want to leave a life without hope seeking a better life, and as long as there's a stretch of water between us and Europe, people will come here on boats. What we can do is make ourselves less attractive, thus making that boat journey not worth the risk.
  16. Not sure where to start with that. There's no "virtue signalling hypocritical bollox". Just people rightly outraged that one club has cheated to this extent, and to the detriment of other clubs. I take your point that the game has not been holier than thou, but none of the stuff you highlight is anywhere near this.
  17. Hmm...one metric whilst ignoring inflation, borrowing costs and the quality of life....our debt, it's cost, our tax burden... The average person doesn't give a monkeys about GDP when their cost of living and mortgages payments are going through the roof GDP alone is not the metric to use to support an argument that we're doing better, particularly given that we're barely growing. If we were growing at 4-5% you'd have a point, but we're not.
  18. What's going well? What's your metric for us doing better? Our inflation is higher, ditto interest rates, our gilt yields much higher, and quality of life lower. I voted leave and acknowledge it was a terrible choice. We've not seen a single benefit from Brexit, not one.
  19. I still can't get away from Trump's words. He gave the impression that he/they knew everything about these folks. They'll still spin this is as something terrorist, and Iranian linked. Odder than an odd thing.
  20. Good. Long overdue. He'll need to get the message across that Brexit has weakened our borders, but will people listen.
  21. We saw the fastest speed of entry, and biggest fireball - revolutionary stuff. The markets were so impressed the space ex share price dropped 2.2%.
  22. Yep, they've done all sorts of harm. Clubs like us have been massively impacted. Putting aside the on pitch advantage they've gained, they've driven up prices and wages. That's made it more difficult for us to remain competitive, and comply with PSR. The 16 championship clubs who were in the PL whilst City were cheating, could all point to City and argue that their antics directly and indirectly helped put them there. If this is upheld, the fall out should be massive
  23. Indeed. This wasn't revolutionary. That controlled splashdown didn't seem very controlled or splashy, seeing as it crashed into the ocean at speed and burst into flames.
  24. And this outcome was with this Lord Pannick fella.
  25. Yep. The impact is so wide. Literally every club they've played has an arguable claim against them.
×
×
  • Create New...