-
Posts
12434 -
Joined
Everything posted by Saint Fan CaM
-
Jinxed. 😬😉
-
I've got a ticket to this one so hoping for a really decent display and not the usual dire slow ponderous build-up play we've come to expect. I'm hoping Welington is OK to start as the defensive balance to the back four is miles better than having Manning farting about. I can't imagine Scienza would not prefer Welington as a left wing partner. Result is difficult to predict but I'm going 2-1, wishing for 3-0. 😊
-
Saints 1-1 Charlton - Match Thread
Saint Fan CaM replied to Golac's Cunning Stunts's topic in The Saints
Just before they scored I thought to myself that we looked too relaxed…too slow to close down…and sure enough who was the defender in front of the scorer - Manning, who characteristically stood off his man and allowed the shot. To allow a shot with the keeper unsighted and a wet surface was always going to present high risk - you can always rely on Manning to let the side down defensively. Other than that every attack was slow and ponderous, allowing them to regroup with 11 behind the ball. There was little cohesion to our attacking play…hit and hope football. We don’t look anywhere near good enough to be promotion contenders.- 661 replies
-
- 12
-
-
We’d be coming up against a Prem team sooner or later, so may as well go out now. Fulham will be too much for even our best team I’m afraid - could even be quite a demoralising experience for some of our players. Having said that, an upset in our favour could be incredibly positive too, so hopefully our team will be right up for it.
-
I’m Mannings biggest critic, however to be fair I thought he was better in the last game…in defence he got closer to his man and made some good challenges. I wonder whether the coaches have told him where he needs to improve and he’s listened. I’m not a fan of his corner taking still - very poor assist rate I would imagine.
-
With the exception of Archer the team and the interloper called Manning did well. The kids needed help to win it and Bree did just that. Lovely. Next!
-
Whistle yet?
-
Stream gone ffs
-
Hanging on for dear life now.
-
Can you imagine the joy of a Pompey / Leicester relegation double?!
-
Breeeee!!! 2-1!!!! Tonda Masterclass!
-
Ref totally bottles a second yellow for Leicester
-
Quarshie sprained an ankle - looks bad and no subs. FFS. Edit: he’s OK
-
Bree on as extra sub.
-
No one taking any responsibility. It’s turned to hit and hope. Don’t blame the kids - we lose it’s on Eckhert.
-
Think we’ll gift this away unless we can score in ET.
-
Two more nippers on - we obviously don’t want this.
-
Azaz really should have made more of the clearance and 1 on 1.
-
For Archer - and the crowd cheer!
-
And again Archer totally wastes a good chance.
-
Another fucking masterclass in how not to play football by Archer.
-
Nippers on - big call by Tonda.
-
Archer misses an open goal 5 yards out. Twat.
-
Got to get Archer off - he’s passed to a Leicester player more than his own team.
-
That was shite defending to be fair and Long was weak. We’ll pay the price for pissing around a bit too much.
