Fifa 11

Draino76

Let's face it, as I made an entire 40 man squad for the Saints Innernet FC team back in 2006 on PES for PS2 (facial appearances, hairstyles, long/short sleeves, accurately created boots allocated to each player, correct heights, weights, and ratings for ALL player skills), I made every nation in the 2006 World Cup squad with authentic kits (h/a/gk h/gk a/number styles) and added a load of created players on Winning Eleven 10, and for PES2009 spent all night making a Saints badge, kit and squad on the dire game before I even played a match, I think it's fair to assume therefore that if *I* can wait for Creation Centre, anyone can wait for it.

Why pay approx £15 more for the game for the chance to create players and teams which based on last year's Gameface to In-Game migration will suffer greatly from loss of detail and accuracy in the process, and which you can't even use until the game is out ?

Rumour has it the online Creation Code code works from Sep 2nd. It will, of course, then stop working altogether in launch week, as FIFA's servers die a hideous death as usual and no-one can use anything for weeks afterwards.

Probably.

More likely there will be a swathe of Creation Centre codes out there anyway.

Here you go again.....Go to game, add fifa to the basket, checkout. Wait until 2nd september, get creation centre code, add it into promotional codes in 360/ps3, download creation centre, and away you go.

Whoever told you that you have to pay for it is trying to con you. It is free if you pre-order the game.

Here you go again.....Go to game, add fifa to the basket, checkout. Wait until 2nd september, get creation centre code, add it into promotional codes in 360/ps3, download creation centre, and away you go.

Whoever told you that you have to pay for it is trying to con you. It is free if you pre-order the game.

But that's... DISHONEST !? And you've left out the bit about cancelling your pre-order. ;)

When's the release now anyway, keep hearing rumours it's changed...?

Oopsie, too late. :D

Ah i see, you misunderstand what i meant. You didn't look at the rest of what i wrote in the other bits your see i mentioned "in sales and metacritic reviews". My point was basically saying that over the past 4 years Fifa has gone from the game that releases the same **** every year, into the the game that has improved every year and is widely regarded as the better football game. Which as much as you try and deny it or twist my words is true.

Now go and have a look and tell me if i am wrong.

But that's... DISHONEST !? And you've left out the bit about cancelling your pre-order. ;)

When's the release now anyway, keep hearing rumours it's changed...?

I have had the game on pre-order for ages and have not been charged anything. I even double checked to see if i was wrong and i can't see anything that say's i will be charged prior to 1st october which is the release date. I am sure you can cancel after getting the code. I have done it with other games to get beta access and cancelled afterwards without being charged.

There was a rumour going around that EA might update the demo to let you use your created team in an exhibition match. It would make sense i guess as otherwise what is the point of giving it to you miles in advance. Also i noticed on the game website due to demand they will now be giving the codes out in batches. They said

"Terms & Conditions: UK ONLY. Limited Offer while stocks last. Customers who have already preordered this product will also receive the bonus early access code. Access is only available for XBox 360 and PS3 preorder customers. An Internet enabled device is required. Access to the creation centre will be emailed as per the below schedule:

Batch 1 - All preorders until 31/08/2010 11.59pm will be emailed on 1/09/2010 5.30pm.

Batch 2 - Preorders between 1/09/2010 to 7/09/2010 11.59pm will be emailed on 8/09/2010 5.30pm.

Batch 3 - Preorders between 8/09/2010 to 14/09/2010 11.59 pm will be emailed on 15/09/2010 5.30pm.

Batch 4 - Preorders between 15/09/2010 to 21/09/2010 11.59 pm will be emailed on 21/09/2010 5.30pm.

Batch 5 - Preorders between 22/09/2010 to 29/09/2010 11.59 pm will be emailed on 1/10/2010 5.30pm."

And i wasen't trying to argue with you the9. I thought i'd post it as knew you liked the creating side of football games. That would give you the option to try it and see if it is any good or not before it was released. Sure i come across as a fifa fanboy, i guess i am. But that isn't something i have always been and doesn't mean i will look at pes11 in a biased way. I actually would love to see pes return to form. If it did and fifa went backwards i would be a pes fan again. I am sure there are countless people who are the same.

FWIW I haven't even looked at a PES site since 2009, and I thought both games were flawed in the 09 incarnations. I almost liked FIFA09 but it did too many un-footbally things, and FIFA10 was the first game actually worth playing since PES6 on PS2 (and 360 to a much lesser degree).

They're going to have to make some very loud noises at Konami with a playable game with unlimited editable options and creation modes which has useful league and career modes, and an effective online experience to enable sharing, just to get me even looking again.

On the 360. :o

FIFA have done the smart thing with a PC-based Creation Centre, way more functionality and convenience than any console options would have even with my controller keypad add-on !

Edited by The9

Bloody FIVE QUID bloody deposit they want at Game in Eastleigh - this after the bloke first told me they "didn't have any record of it coming out", then that they "didn't have a pre-order" and then that it was "free", despite the fact that the whole time it said the name and release date of the game, codes for both formats, and "£5 DEPOSIT" on the sheet in front of him.

Was all set to get a loyalty card to replace the one the ex had, and then amusingly instead my details caused all their tills to crash.

Ho hum.

Gamespot were allowed to film a game of them playing between Arsenal and Real Madrid http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/fifasoccer11/video/6274809?tag=topslot;img;3

It is probably the best gameplay of 11 out there and is played but two people who know how to play the game at least.

Obviously this is not the final build and we don't know what settings they are playing on. But overall i think it looks a **** load like last years game. No real obvious stand out differences other then the sound. The crowd has had a huge overhaul by the looks of it with louder chanting and typical crowd reactions i.e when a player tries a ****y pass and it is awful the homw crowd cheer it. The same goes for players who try to dribble around people and fail.

Other then that the pace looks a bit slower. Maybe they have it on slow setting or something. Once again the keeper AI looks pretty awesome as both keepers saved most shots.

Last years game was the best fifa in terms of gameplay so i guess they were not going to make any drastic changes, just refine them. You can also notice passing seems a bit different and a lot harder to get the ball from your area to your opponents in just a few passes. The error level seems more realistic. Can also notice the obvious partnership with Sky Sports in the presentation.

So looking better then last years but not a huge step up from it. The commentary is a bit **** again though i think. And i don't like the start of the game where they do the hand shakes and stuff, let's hope we can skip that!

Pre-ordered on Monday, that won't be charged until game is released, got my Creation Centre code today, been online at lunch to have a look at it and it's ok.

Only about 8 faces per skin tone for creation, and you can't map a Gameface onto them, but can save 50 players and assign 25 to a created club. Dunno if you can use your Pro in the teams, doesn't look like it. Also can only use teams in Creation mode not full online stuff or career mode - but having seen the number of maxed out players being created that's just as well.

I've had a bit of a problem with my players not saving, maybe due to using IE6. Haven't managed to store any in draft or privately yet.

You can't design a team badge other than from a range of pre-determined shields, home and away kits are from a selection of Adidas/Nike/Puma/EA ones with combinations of 2 from about 10 colours - and you can choose letter and number style and colour for the back of the shirts too.

Can rename stadium and assign it to your team.

It's not bad, just needs a few more options.

I have now cancelled my pre-order, having created 26 players and a team for launch day... the player save problem was due to my crappy outdated browser at work not sending the save command correctly when I set a couple up at lunch.

Limited faces, limited EA-only boots, a load of kits that are editable and 2-colour only, without even independent short/sock changes, unexplained winter shirt settings, the sock height option in a very strange place, but a nice interface nevertheless.

Though I have noticed that PES2011 has a stadium editor, which is 700 kinds of awesome... :o

Edited by The9

Ign got a really good write up of the near final build

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1119252p1.html

"It's got a lot more character than before too. Part of that's from the new suite of animations as players stumble and falter in their pursuit of the ball, and part of it's from the improved likenesses across the board. "But Phil Neville looks grotesque" protested a friend. Yes. Yes he does. "

made me laugh

Played the demo for an hour or so and the game is awesome. They haven't changed too giant things which is a good thing as they needed to refine last years game not overhaul it. There are so many sublte improvements that just make it feel better then fifa 10. There are hundreds of new animations added to the old ones and this makes it look a lot more realistic, less repetative. Pro Passing is nice as if your a defender and your going to try and long ball it up to your forward, forget about it. They have slowed the pace down a little but you can turn it back up in menu. The AI and keepers again have been given a massive boost. No more of that annoying lob from the last one but more importantly the cpu keeper on your side is not so much a idiot anymore. He get's into the right positions and can do a better job of being a sweeper when required.

The graphics side of the game has improved too. The cosmetic look of the game/stadiums/people all look better. Presentation was an area fifa has struggled with before in my opinion. But this time around they have done better. There are still some things which they have not touched from last year like some of the comentary and some of the annoying animations i.e players arguing, ref doing his 300 yard sprint to book someone etc.. The main criticism i have of the game is those. Also don't turn on hand balls, it is a pain in the ass. Hope they fix that before release as it is like the old 2008 game when people will score from free-kicks nearly every time. This time around if you kick the ball into the wall ou stand a good chance of getting a penalty. It is turned off by default though.

So all in all not a huge improvement over last years game. They have just tweaked things and added more animations. The players personalities do seem more evident and if anything this actually makes it harder to pass the ball from one end to the other. But i think we will get used to it.

Today marks the release of PES demo for all too so it has been billed as PES vs Fifa day in games media. And by the looks of it Fifa has won once again for the 5th year in a row. The first two FIFA reviews were set for release tomorrow but they got leaked. Gamesmaster and ComputerVideoGames both gave it 9.5/10. With GM saying it is not only the best football game ever made but one of if not thee best sports game ever made.

Your a Fifa fan, Rob is a Evo fan. Only one way to see who is the best!

FiiiIiGht!!!

(My money is on Marco as i know he is an amateur boxer!)

Or we could just play each other at both Fifa and PES in like a best of 3 series. Loser has to stop posting in a games forum and get a life?

Aw god, it's just so easy.

Just like ya mama

I'm just kidding of course :)

At the end of the day Rob if you read my comments i actually said PES has made more improvements this year then Fifa. The gap has become a lot closer. PES 2011 is a decent game. It is miles better then 2010. Fifa 11 is a good game, also better then 2010. But there were no big leaps for it, just refinements. It is pretty much in terms of gameplay fifa 2010.5. The big changes for Fifa this year are it's career mode. Which it badly needed.

You may agree or disagree with what i said but by the looks of it the general census is most people agree. Fifa 10 was a great game. Fifa 11 is a refined version of the last one. It will stand or fall on it's new career mode. If it is gash then PES will have made a huge gain on it.

My mum IS easy.

To be honest, I don't really care which is better. I am likely to try both then stick with whichever grabs me. I'm not a 'loyal' fanboy. I'm just old enough so that FIFA was a byword for **** for so many years that PES was a revelation. I've admited frequently that it lost its way, but there's so much comment without objectivity. It just makes me laugh. FIFA is not perfect; in some regards the gameplay has some things lacking compared to PES. But of course, PES has many things lacking against FIFA these days. Ideally, the'd join hands and make the best thing ever, but there we go. I just like winding people up, frankly.

Played this last night. Its Fifa so its great but I couldn't really see much improvement at all on Fifa 10/WC. The passing has barely changed - what ****ed me off most is the animation of the crowd - I spotted about 1/3 wearing the same outfits (which wasn't either of the club strips on the pitch). It also seemed incredibly easy (I know that we can change settings) but I won both my matches 7-0!

Played this last night. Its Fifa so its great but I couldn't really see much improvement at all on Fifa 10/WC. The passing has barely changed - what ****ed me off most is the animation of the crowd - I spotted about 1/3 wearing the same outfits (which wasn't either of the club strips on the pitch). It also seemed incredibly easy (I know that we can change settings) but I won both my matches 7-0!

Are you OK? Are you going to be able to sleep tonight now you're so angry?

They've made it literally impossible to score on 'hard' difficulty, I lived and breathed FIFA10 and WC2010, so I know how to play, but the lack of runs by the players team strikers and the opposition defenders having ridiculous pace on the other team, I haven't scored in about 10 tries on the demo.

Then if I drop it down to 'medium' difficulty, it becomes too easy to score, opposition defenders part like the Red Sea.

For ****s sake.

Not controversial mate, it is your opinion :)

There are a lot of things i dislike about Fifa this year, the difficulty is one. They really have made the AI too good. On the world class setting you get bugger all time on the ball to do anything. Which is realistic as it is a pressure game. But in terms of gameplay that can be annoying. It is really hard to do through balls this time around. Again very realistic but just makes it more difficult. The same with penalties, i hate Fifa penalties. But i get it is a composure bar, you could never miss in the old ones. Sprint is now very different in that not everyone can run like the worlds fastest man.

After playing the demo then going back to look at the PES demo again you notice massive differences in some areas. Such as moving/passing/shooting/heading etc on PES feel very slow and static, not very fluid, a delay between your decision to press the ball and it moving to another player. The AI in PES is too easy. Every game is a high scoring game. But that is what PES is about and why it is the arcade game and Fifa is the simulation game.

Not controversial mate, it is your opinion :)

There are a lot of things i dislike about Fifa this year, the difficulty is one. They really have made the AI too good. On the world class setting you get bugger all time on the ball to do anything. Which is realistic as it is a pressure game. But in terms of gameplay that can be annoying. It is really hard to do through balls this time around. Again very realistic but just makes it more difficult. The same with penalties, i hate Fifa penalties. But i get it is a composure bar, you could never miss in the old ones. Sprint is now very different in that not everyone can run like the worlds fastest man.

After playing the demo then going back to look at the PES demo again you notice massive differences in some areas. Such as moving/passing/shooting/heading etc on PES feel very slow and static, not very fluid, a delay between your decision to press the ball and it moving to another player. The AI in PES is too easy. Every game is a high scoring game. But that is what PES is about and why it is the arcade game and Fifa is the simulation game.[/quote

no way i have to disagree fifa is the arcade game out of the two. last year was the first time i switched over to fifa and didnt but pro evo 10 the licensing and commentary were great but the game didnt have soul compared to pes9.the players of high skill felt all the same and didnt have any individual traits or skills i know this is what they have tried to work on this year but pro has beeen doing it for ever. also the celebrations get crappy camera angles and any player does any celebration u want him to. unlike pes

where you find yourself using certain players just to see there cool celebrations when they score like the gilardino violin celebration.

the one thing where fifa excelled for me tho was the online played a lot nicer than any version of pes ive played on the pes3

every version ive played on ps3 of pro evo has been horribly laggy. also u cant beat the master league on pes just so adictive

and didnt have any personality

I finally scored. It was a cracker.

I'm going to put a controversial opinion out there. From the impressions of the demos, PES will be better against the computer, FIFA will always triumph when you play against mates, or randomers online.

Remember last year? The Fifa 2010 demo? It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy to score it was unbelievable, had shed loads of glitches and was just plain turd. The engine used in the demo is about 3 months old, so the game that is released will play very differently, just like 2010.

Remember last year? The Fifa 2010 demo? It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy to score it was unbelievable, had shed loads of glitches and was just plain turd. The engine used in the demo is about 3 months old, so the game that is released will play very differently, just like 2010.

To be fair, FIFA10 was easy to score with anyway.

Run in the middle.

Chipped through ball.

Chip/Place the ball past the keeper.

I'm not saying FIFA is a bad game, but I think people are quite far off the mark when they say that it's can't get any better. :spaz:

It is a composure bar not a power bar.

The point of it is to try and simulate pressure mixed with penalty skills. In Fifa 10 you could not miss a penalty really. This time around if your a good penalty taker the little green bit will be bigger. However if it is say the 90th minute in a cup final then the pressure becomes bigger and the composure bar becomes smaller. I personally don't like it but i can understand why they have done it.

As for it is easy to score in Fifa 10....Maybe should play it on world class setting like the rest of us? ;)

The demo has me riled. I scored a goal - ball smashed against the underside of the bar, over the line and then bounced out in a second. The ball was a couple if inches over the line and a goal wasn't given. Fecking unbelieveable. Real life its annoying but in computer games as well? Stupid.

Oh and it came up as a miss for the opposition in the highlights after the game was finished. I looked at all angles and slowed it down and paused it too for a good ten minutes of analysing.

compare the crowds in FIFA to NBA 2k11 and you'll see what I mean. you would expect that after 15 years or more of FIFA the game designers would add a little oomph to the crowd

Well for a start there are half as many players on court as there are on a pitch, so that reduces the amount of processing required exponentially, allowing for lots more faffing with the crowd - also the arenas are generally smaller, so there's less crowd as well.

I'd rather a good game than a realistic crowd.

Having played PES 11 & FIFA 11 I am starting to think that the PES engine has just and I mean only just tipped it this year. FIFA still seems to suffer from the only issue I have and that is the intelligence of the players around you. For example if you pass to a player and it falls short instead of the computer running a few yards t get it, it seems to take an age for them to do anything and you loose possession. Same when going forward as well it seems to flow a bit better with PES than FIFA this year. However PES still does lack a lot of the FIFA features and I'm still not 100% happy with the demo and how some things flow. (Although it is a demo so i'll wait till the full game). But at the moment I may just not bother getting either and just stick with FIFA 10.

Played approx 15 - 20 games on the demo on the level below World Class and its still tricky. The AI intercepts the ball a lot more efficiently than in the pass which means lots more interaction and careful passing will be required. Passing is more difficult with accuracy, pace of pass and player ability affecting the pass reaching its target. Individual player attributes are definitely a factor this time around - Pique for Barca/Spain is spot on in his aggression and never-say-die attitude. Frustratingly its harder to dribble around players and not have them tackle back and steal the ball. My prediction is fewer rather than more goals will be scored because its harder to get close to the goal to shoot.

The goal keeper was fun to play with in the demo and conceivably will be great fun for ten minutes in the Your Player career mode (forgotten what it was called in Fifa 10) but can't see it being interesting waiting for something to happen for long... unless I shout "Rush goalie" and make a charge up for every corner or playing as a sweeper ;)

Fifa 11 is slightly better than the Fifa 2010 World Cup game which felt very 'arcade' in its playing style and more challenging than Fifa 10. We'll see if I end up buying this as well lol.

Blimey hadn't realised how much of a nerd I was until this and the Halo post haha. Feel free to add this boring, games nerd Saints-fan on Xbox 360 - Britrock

It is a composure bar not a power bar.

The point of it is to try and simulate pressure mixed with penalty skills. In Fifa 10 you could not miss a penalty really. This time around if your a good penalty taker the little green bit will be bigger. However if it is say the 90th minute in a cup final then the pressure becomes bigger and the composure bar becomes smaller. I personally don't like it but i can understand why they have done it.

As for it is easy to score in Fifa 10....Maybe should play it on world class setting like the rest of us? ;)

Or Legendary... Like Me. :smug:

The goal keeper was fun to play with in the demo and conceivably will be great fun for ten minutes in the Your Player career mode (forgotten what it was called in Fifa 10) but can't see it being interesting waiting for something to happen for long... unless I shout "Rush goalie" and make a charge up for every corner or playing as a sweeper ;)

You can hit a shoulder button or similar and prompt the play out on the pitch as well, to keep things interesting.

I've spent about 15 minutes on the FIFA 11 Demo so far, 5 of which was arsing about as goalie having a good laugh.

Just a heads up.

There is going to be a price war for this game again as obviously it is the biggest selling game in UK each year. So far Asda have said that from midnight thursday in store they will sell it for £26. So i imagine Tesco and Sainsburys will do the same thing.

Also in case people are interested the reviews have started to come in

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/fifa_11/review-2.html 9/10

OPM http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=265349 10/10

And IGN gave it 9.5/10 http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1123531p2.html

Coming from IGN that is a big deal considering Konami and IGN are partners and they normally support PES. But they don't stop there, they say

"for the next twelve months at least this is likely to be the best football experience available, and FIFA’s looking like retaining its crown in convincing fashion"

So getting good reviews then