Fifa 11

Draino76

I'm creating a Saints XI on creation centre, I'm not old enough to have watched likes of Channon, Paine ect. so I wouldn't know what the best XI would be. Can anyone give me advice on a starting 11?.

Easy:

GK: Smith

DL: Bernard

DR: Otsemobor

DC: Jakobsson

DC: Davenport

ML: Kosowski

MR: Belmadi

MC: Potter

MC: Delap

S: Dia

S: Speedie

Kind of regretting it already. It's too much like FIFA 10... Great game if you don't already own 10 though.

I think it's a good improvement personally.

My strikers actually get on the end of crosses sometimes, through balls are a bit harder, players finishing is a little better. Just a few things that are improvements imo.

Also loving the personalised chants.

I think it's a good improvement personally.

My strikers actually get on the end of crosses sometimes, through balls are a bit harder, players finishing is a little better. Just a few things that are improvements imo.

Also loving the personalised chants.

I did notice improvements, just not 35 quids worth of improvements. I agree with the ones you mention and I enjoyed playing with Saints for the first time in a few fifa's....

How do you upload the chants and your own music? Does it automatically see these on attached storage devices?

Anyone else noticed you can now get penalties/free kicks for pull backs/being bundled over if someone just barges you? I got a penalty after Lambert was clipped in the box. Was surprised as so used to fouls being given only for sliding tackles. Makes it a lot more realistic.

Also Fifa 11 had the 3rd biggest opening in UK ever (behind Modern Warfare 2 and Grand Theft Auto 4) http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-04-fifa-11-scores-uk-number-one-article. They be some crazy numbers.

The ref seems to let the game flow a bit more now rather than giving fouls for shoulder-to-shoulder challenges' date=' which is good. Haven't quite mastered shooting get though, all of my goals seem to either be headers from crosses or pea-rollers. Any advice?[/quote']

Ive also noticed that the ref hardly ever gives out cards now. In a match against my mate the ref just kept running over and waving his arms. Sometimes for tackles that warranted a card too :-P

Still not impressed personally, I thought there was more difference between FIFA10 and World Cup 2010 than between the latter and FIFA11, and it's just too samey. Still not enough impact of the player stats on the individuals, and still the same story about players being basically interchangeable, within the parameters of trick levels.

And FFS EA, how hard is it to get the colour of a team's numbers right, especially when they send the bloody findings to the manufacturers and club to confirm them (allegedly) ?

And as for the total lack of effort that goes into the goalkeeper kits... just completely lazy and just not acceptable after 18 years of them (not) trying - even sticking the manufacturer's default kits would cover it, but they just don't bother. You can't edit keeper kits for a created team either, so my whole team has no name on the back... except the goalie, who sometimes plays in almost the same colour as the rest of the team.

The only major improvement is taking Creation Centre offline, and even that's massively limited.

Oh, one other thing, I tried to upload a Titchfield team yesterday (to play against my lot) and it wasn't allowed "due to profanity". However, there's Scvnthorpe in the game, in the npC. One rule for one and one for another ! ;)

Having said all that, I recorded a load of chants from the Northam on Saturday and will have a go at incorporating them into the game.

"FIFA11: Biggest entertainment launch in Germany ever. 450k units in one week. 628% more copies than PES."

Gaf : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409219

Didn't realise PES was released everywhere else but here. So they went head to head and released on the same day, think it is safe to say Konami won't be doing that again then.

So UK and European sales for Fifa are pretty mental. I wonder if it will do well in US what with them being in the World Cup and stuff. It will obviously never be as popular as their home sports i.e Madden but football has made a lot of progress there recently.

As the old saying goes "your only as good as your last game". And if sales/reviews are an indicator to what people think then i don't think they have anything to worry about.

Fifa 11 is an improvement on Fifa 10. Just not the huge improvement we have been used to over the last couple of years. They haven't added any new mega features i.e 360 dribbling etc..

It is just a refined version of Fifa 10. But Fifa 10 was a good game. That is what makes your comments so interesting as what you say seems to indicate that it is soooo bad.

The things you say are sort of what people are saying about PES. Like the models comment. In the IGN US review that is obviously biased they mention that the models in PES of the world famous players i.e Messi are top notch. But beyond that they are worse then Fifa's and Fifa has a **** load more players to re-create.

I am not someone who knows anything about how to draw etc.. but if IGN US who pay Konami to be in PES say that then they are obviously not these amazing models that some would like you to believe? It is the same with the stats thing. If you look back through the thread your find the stats video. It has a guide showing you how different stats make players different in real time. It is quite in depth and you can see the difference between each stats very clearly. And this in my opinion is the main difference of Fifa 11. Players that i could zoom about with in Fifa 10 you can't do that now.

In the reviews of PES they have been quite brutal about the difference between the players i.e there isn't any. They don't have a system like that in place. That is why i find your criticism of it in Fifa slightly harsh.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=268010

Lol at the comments on that thread.

Things about Fifa I dislike.

I don't have the retail/full version BUT.

- Through balls - The direction of them is shocking even when the run is absolutely obvious and with a GREAT passer like Fabregas/Xavi/Iniesta/Alonso they tend to hardly ever go where you want. I know Pro Passing effects them, and the powered through balls are a thing of the past, but a decent slide rule through pass is non-existant in Fifa 11.

- The pitch - FAR TOO SMALL! I mean it's so small the game turns into 22 men just bumping into each other constantly and the turnover of possession is beyond a joke on the game.

- The overpowered tackle button. Defending has become worse in FIFA 2011, in Fifa 10 I actually liked the fact the game forced you to use the jockey button to deal with opponents, now all you have to do is press X and the ball is yours no matter nearly all the time, there's no skill to it.

- The crossing - Seems far too easy to pick out your striker, unlike in FIFA 2010 where crossing was hard, now it's been toned down. I like the pace on the crosses however.

- AI - It's vastly overrated, it's far too easy to score 1 - 2 goals all the time on this game, I don't enjoy doing it because it feels too easy to score from a simple one two with the defender often forgetting to even bother to attempt to mark the second runner.

- Personality Pro - For me this gimmick doesn't really work that well, the player likeness just isn't there for me, with Barcelona, Xavi felt average, Iniesta WAS good, and Messi was decent, but I never felt like I was in control of a superstar.. with their special abilities. Messi's running and jinking between defenders felt useless.

- Trickstick - This year the trickstick seems to be the sure fire way of beating a man. However it's slower in response on the XBOX 360, and feels like a step down from WC 2010.

- Tactics AI, the game isn't deep when it comes to this and your opposition never really has a different gameplan and doesn't really attack with much menace, after playing about 20-30 games on the demo, I never let in a goal. I like the fact that the opposition tries to occasionally do tricks, but after seeing Ballack/Terry do 360 roulettes. It's again a gimmick which doesn't have any relevance on the game. It's kinda easy to play this game on auto-pilot without having to worry too much about the AI.

Shooting - Most of all I do like the shooting, however the finesse shot is overpowered again and seems to be the sure fire way of scoring the same goal over and over. I like the fact you can hit a few screamers in now.

This is me barely touching the surface of what I dislike about Fifa 2011. I haven't got the retail version. I'll probably get it when it's cheaper after Christmas. I do love the animations and the goalkeepers in Fifa, however for me the game doesn't represent football, it's more a lesson in frustration that the game has some great things going for it, but at the same time when I score a goal however good it is.

I simply don't get any real enjoyment out of it. It still feels like football on ice in some parts, and I understand why people like it, and it deserves the acclaim it has been getting, but after playing it and TRYING my best to enjoy it. I find it good but lacking in soul and individuality and those moments where you can watch a replay over and over and be proud of the goal you've scored.

However despite all this, it's good that two good football games are on the market and after I've played the hell out of PES2011 or get frustrated with it, i'll play some Fifa 2011, but I'm worried master league online will have me hooked for too long.

In the reviews of PES they have been quite brutal about the difference between the players i.e there isn't any. They don't have a system like that in place. That is why i find your criticism of it in Fifa slightly harsh.

Are you trying to tell me that PES doesn't have individuality with the players? Which reviews say this?

Are you trying to tell me that PES doesn't have individuality with the players? Which reviews say this?

http://www.next-gen.biz/features/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-review

"Player movement doesn’t look or feel natural and - going back to that ball-through-chest miracle - the ball itself doesn’t feel like an independent object set loose in open space; rather, an animated sphere that's slave to scripted movement. It feels like a clockwork approximation of football, lacking the grace, variety and scope of FIFA"

http://www.orange.co.uk/games/20092.htm

" The ball has an odd floaty mechanic, passing feels rigid and player control unrealistic. Shooting is forgiving, allowing you to score visually impressive goals with minimal skill. Dribbling is easy too because the ball seems to stick to the player rather than be its own entity"

http://www.incgamers.com/Reviews/1095/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-review

"The main problem is still the robotic nature of the gameplay. Player movement remains clunky and lacking any fluidity, gameplay still revolves around consistently working your way into certain areas and the ball continues to feel as though it’s magnetically fused to your boot while dribbling. The outcome is that it never feels organic, never managing to capture the essence or unpredictability of the beautiful game."

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/842755-games-review-pro-evolution-soccer-2011-strikes-back

"Despite the touted improvements to their artificial intelligence, defenders can still be seen to watch disinterestedly as a pass rolls towards an oncoming attacker. Goalies act equally oddly, deflecting strikes with superhuman regularity and yet hardly ever managing an actual catch. The most serious AI problem though is your own team's failure to show any kind of initiative in making their own runs, as they nervously hang around the half-way line until you instigate an attack yourself."

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/pes_2011/review.html

"The biggest offender is the AI. Your team mates, who just refuse to make intelligent runs. It's incredibly frustrating to be in a great position, only for the rest of your team to linger on the half-way line, apparently blind to the clear opportunity. I thought this was due to my team tactics, but even after going into the menus and adopting as aggressive a strategy as possible, rarely did my strikers want to make a move into the box as my winger broke towards the byline"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-01-pro-evolution-soccer-2011-review?page=2

"Animation blending also feels like it's a few generations behind the norm, with players firing shots and long passes out of their feet at a visually incongruous pace, or changing the trajectory of a ball with a header despite running the wrong way and facing an impossible direction. Sometimes they even head the ball when it clearly makes no contact with them in replays - of which the game is guilty of displaying too many, perhaps obsessed with its divisive motion-blur effect.

There are also quirks galore. At one point a ball was cleared out to the touchline and a midfielder responded by bicycle-kicking it in the direction of the penalty area, where another player immediately bicycle-kicked it over the bar. Elsewhere, defenders often run the ball out of play when they should have no difficulty keeping it in"

etc etc

But of course they are like that in real life right?

As for you long post about people not happy with Fifa. Obviously there will be a lot of people unhappy with the game....You guy's are soooo touchy. You go off on a lecture about how i am biased or whatever and your even worse! Talk about being a hypocrite!

having put down pes after 10years+ i'm really enjoying fifa 11 this year. Had a really good game last night online vs leeds.

really fast paced game end to end until I got a foothold on the game, I went 3-0 up lambo hatrick including a 25 yeard free kick top corner. they got one back in injury time. I replayed him and won 1-0 in extra time lambo pen.

addicted.

To be honest, I don't think I've said anything to suggest FIFA11 isn't a good game, but I've been playing it for 12 months and paid for it 3 times over now...

As for the player models, I'm talking about the visual appearance - the PES animation is worse, there's no doubting that, the players run too upright-looking and they do move robotically - FIFA movement is more fluid. But in terms of the visual accuracy of the players, faces, the textures of the kit in detail, the way the socks sit on the shinpads, etc., PES player models are so much better looking than the FIFA ones. I'd argue the point about ball physics, I think both games have accurate ball physics, and FIFA's got rid of the floatiness it had until recently. I don't think PES has ever had it (based on 3 games on the current demo only, and not having played 2010 at all, though).

In terms of player models, yeah EA have far more players to model, and it shows, because they just don't bloody bother. Is Chamberlain in the squad btw, couldn't see him last night ?

To be honest, I don't think I've said anything to suggest FIFA11 isn't a good game, but I've been playing it for 12 months and paid for it 3 times over now...

As for the player models, I'm talking about the visual appearance - the PES animation is worse, there's no doubting that, the players run too upright-looking and they do move robotically - FIFA movement is more fluid. But in terms of the visual accuracy of the players, faces, the textures of the kit in detail, the way the socks sit on the shinpads, etc., PES player models are so much better looking than the FIFA ones. I'd argue the point about ball physics, I think both games have accurate ball physics, and FIFA's got rid of the floatiness it had until recently. I don't think PES has ever had it (based on 3 games on the current demo only, and not having played 2010 at all, though).

In terms of player models, yeah EA have far more players to model, and it shows, because they just don't bloody bother. Is Chamberlain in the squad btw, couldn't see him last night ?

Yeah he is, I just didnt realise he was white until I played fifa 11

Having fun with my 34 Saints songs as recorded on Saturday, managed to set up the playlists and linked them correctly but the sods still won't play in game, would have made my 1-0 victory over the Skates (winner scored by me, the Be A Pro) that much better.

They're currently iPhone voice messages from Saturday, copied from iTunes into Media Player, so mpeg4files in Playlists as streamed from my PC and even though the 360 and FIFA recognises the Playlists I've set up, they just aren't playing - so I think I'm going to convert them to mp3s on a CD and drop them onto the 360 HD directly and create a playlist from there.

Would have done that last night but my blank CDs are somewhere in the garage and I couldn't be bothered to download more software to rip to DVD properly having just reinstalled Win 7, blah blah...

Interesting article here http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/05/fifa-11-sells-2-6-million-units-in-opening-weekend-ultimate-team-coming-next-month-for-free/

It sold 2.6m copies over the weekend that is just insane. But the cool thing about it is they say "Ultimate Team is coming next month and this time it will be free". I am still not sure what that is but is that the thing where people can sell players on ebay and stuff?

Edit: Nevermind i found a tutorial http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ultimate-team-fifa-soccer/46352 which has Jon Champion and Andy Staunton doing the commentary, weird!

Edited by St Marco

the demo tells me enough about the gameplay.

lol! the demo's game engine is from Q1 and is far out of date. I also think you might want to increase the difficulty if you are finding it easy to score goals and are not impressed with the AI. Because to me, being caught in possesion by Barry, and to then have Teves and Adebayor split and stretch my central defence, leaving a beautiful gap for Milner to slip into and slot it past my helpless keeper, is rather impressive AI. The difference with this Fifa is that you have to be patient in your build up. It is no longer possible to just ping pong pass your way through teams, meaning you have to carefully plan your attacks, all the while trying to keep hold of the ball.

Seems to me you are wanting to watch a beautful game, but are unable to play the game at the difficulty that requires. If you play the game on Amateur, Semi-Pro or Pro, then yes... the game looks sheeite. Play in on World Class and you will begin to apreciate how special it is. Manage to play it at Legendary and you will be in awe of what a stunning game it is.

Edited by saintscottofthenortham

Yeah World Class is like the normal setting for Fifa games. The AI is designed to be easy on amateur and semi pro. Proffesional is a good level to work out the basics as the AI is not as in your face as World Class. But on World Class the AI is emense, they hurry and pressure you just as happens in real football. Clear cut chances are few and you know if you don't take one you could regret it. Saying Fifa is easy is just laughable. The learning curve is really steap and every yard of space you get you have to earn. With assists off it is just too difficult. I have huge respect for those who can play it on legendary with assists off and not get their ass handed to them by the computer.

Here's my guide for getting chants into the game off the iPhone if you happen to have used it last Saturday to record Saints fans just on the off chance... ;)

The files are m4a, but you can convert them to mp3 in iTunes to do it - first go into Edit > Preferences > General > Import Settings and change the setting to mp3.

Then you can choose any iTunes files (inc the m4a voice files I'd saved) and right click and there's a "Convert to mp3" setting - you can select multiple files too. Once that's done, check the "recently added" playlist and the bottom ones are the mp3 versions of the chants.

You can then be all smug and just stick them on USB in the PS3, if you have one of those :D.

Or, for 360 users : either burn them to a music CD using iTunes, put it in the 360 and put them into Playlists on the Xbox360 when you've ripped them all to the HD (probably the easiest way, and you're not reliant on streaming)...

or

you can create and add playlists to Windows Media Player on your PC (have one for each of Saints Entrance Music, Chants, Winning, Losing and Goals) and stream them to the 360 if you've got that set up.

Then on FIFA you go to "My FIFA11", something like "My Chants..." and allocate the playlist to the appropriate folder [for that specific event only], and save.

You might also want to add them to your Virtual Pro settings too, assuming you play with Saints, mine wasn't working at first, then I realised my Virtual Pro was playing and I hadn't set that up, only for Saints matches.

Worth changing the in-game sound settings too, to amp up crowd noise in relation to all the other sounds too, because the chants come through FAR too subtly otherwise, sometimes you can barely hear the songs, and I assure you the recordings were pretty loud.

I'll have a look to see if I can get my files uploaded for y'all...

Here's my guide for getting chants into the game off the iPhone if you happen to have used it last Saturday to record Saints fans just on the off chance... ;)

The files are m4a, but you can convert them to mp3 in iTunes to do it - first go into Edit > Preferences > General > Import Settings and change the setting to mp3.

Then you can choose any iTunes files (inc the m4a voice files I'd saved) and right click and there's a "Convert to mp3" setting - you can select multiple files too. Once that's done, check the "recently added" playlist and the bottom ones are the mp3 versions of the chants.

You can then be all smug and just stick them on USB in the PS3, if you have one of those :D.

Or, for 360 users : either burn them to a music CD using iTunes, put it in the 360 and put them into Playlists on the Xbox360 when you've ripped them all to the HD (probably the easiest way, and you're not reliant on streaming)...

or

you can create and add playlists to Windows Media Player on your PC (have one for each of Saints Entrance Music, Chants, Winning, Losing and Goals) and stream them to the 360 if you've got that set up.

Then on FIFA you go to "My FIFA11", something like "My Chants..." and allocate the playlist to the appropriate folder [for that specific event only], and save.

You might also want to add them to your Virtual Pro settings too, assuming you play with Saints, mine wasn't working at first, then I realised my Virtual Pro was playing and I hadn't set that up, only for Saints matches.

Worth changing the in-game sound settings too, to amp up crowd noise in relation to all the other sounds too, because the chants come through FAR too subtly otherwise, sometimes you can barely hear the songs, and I assure you the recordings were pretty loud.

I'll have a look to see if I can get my files uploaded for y'all...

I was just having a play and seems pretty straight forward to do. Lets see how realistic and lifelike i can get it :)

Anyone know of a decent FREE file sharing programme which allows bulk uploads AND more than 10 downloads in total ? Just tried rapidshare but bulk uploaded and it prevents downloads then !!

I have 38 Saints sound files, inc "The Saints Are Coming", the goal cheer from Lambert's first pen on Saturday and 35 assorted versions of various chants.

Edited by The9

I was just having a play and seems pretty straight forward to do. Lets see how realistic and lifelike i can get it :)

It's easy enough, the chants do have to be LOUD though.

Baj, my virtual pro is still gaining points and unlocking things, I have only used it in a couple of friendlies and the Arena so far and I can now untuck my shirt...

Got it yesterday, played 4 live games with Saints and remain unbeaten. Lallana has his quick feet and is good at dribbling, but is weak as f**k. Lambo is big, strong and good in the air but yet again he is about as good at free kicks as Kelvin Davis. Highlight for me is Lee Barnard, Nimble feet and a great finish. I scored 2 crackers with him in a 1-3 victory over Arsenal at the Emirates, along a 25 yard snap shot from Morgan! Thankyooooouuuuuu!

The Centre Back pairing of Fonte & Jaidi is yet again formidable. In that same game the guy was cursing Jaidi as I had Arshavin in my pocket the entire game through just backing off and waiting for the moment to hassle him. He's can't run for sh*t but his strength is invaluable.

360 Gamertag = MachineScott (if anyone fancies a few games tonight)

Win for me :). Any other takers?

Not enjoying it at all, feels just like 2010. Also, started the career mode as a player, forget what its called, and I cant see how you gain points and spend them on attributes any more? Has it changed?

When you get in the game your see a thing in the menu called "accomplishments". If you highlight a sub menu i.e Physical,Mental etc and click it it will then go into another menu with loads of things to unlock. You can see what you need to do to unlock them. Some are easy i.e score with your weak foot. And some are just crazy hard. But the higher up ones require you to amount a certain amount of something like 150 tricks passed someone etc.. I think you can only see that menu if you have the full retail game.

My biggest problem with the more recent versions of FIFA is I got bored of them way before I did with PES - that's not slating FIFA, just explaining why I've always maintained a fondness for the latter. I can't decide whether it's because of game modes being less engaging or whether there just never feels the same level of variety, dynamism etc with FIFA.

When you get in the game your see a thing in the menu called "accomplishments". If you highlight a sub menu i.e Physical,Mental etc and click it it will then go into another menu with loads of things to unlock. You can see what you need to do to unlock them. Some are easy i.e score with your weak foot. And some are just crazy hard. But the higher up ones require you to amount a certain amount of something like 150 tricks passed someone etc.. I think you can only see that menu if you have the full retail game.

Really? Bugger that, think ill trade it in.

I'm loving Fifa 11 so far, despite not being very good at it. It's just a shame about the small freezes (2-5 times every game) and the EA servers which have ruined several online games. A quick search suggests many people are having the same problems - hope EA patch these issues soon.

I've only had one freeze of the console so far, a huge improvement on FIFA10, which used to freeze my first match on Be A Pro after loading EVERY SINGLE TIME, to the extent that I used to write it off as "practice" and wait for the inevitable reload after a while.

Still waiting for someone to suggest a server to allow me to share these Saints audio mp3 files for free...

I can't be bothered to stick them on CD etc.

I've only had one freeze of the console so far, a huge improvement on FIFA10, which used to freeze my first match on Be A Pro after loading EVERY SINGLE TIME, to the extent that I used to write it off as "practice" and wait for the inevitable reload after a while.

Still waiting for someone to suggest a server to allow me to share these Saints audio mp3 files for free...

I can't be bothered to stick them on CD etc.

http://rapidshare.com/ ......................... Please :)

http://rapidshare.com/ ......................... Please :)

As I may have already mentioned in post #188, if I use the bulk uploader it prevents anyone from downloading the files, even for free - it just said the d/l limit was reached on the first d/l.

And I'm not prepared to upload 38 files manually, so that's a bit of a shame.

Here's the URL for one I prepared earlier, pretty sure it won't work, but tell me if it does...

http://rapidshare.com/files/423439679/20100810_Saints_Clap_Your_Hands__18_.mp3

Next up, will try and zip the files into WinRAR so it only counts as one file and see if that works...

Edited by The9

As I may have already mentioned in post #188, if I use the bulk uploader it prevents anyone from downloading the files, even for free - it just said the d/l limit was reached on the first d/l.

And I'm not prepared to upload 38 files manually, so that's a bit of a shame.

Here's the URL for one I prepared earlier, pretty sure it won't work, but tell me if it does...

http://rapidshare.com/files/423439679/20100810_Saints_Clap_Your_Hands__18_.mp3

Next up, will try and zip the files into WinRAR so it only counts as one file and see if that works...

This site allows you to upload up to 300mb... whats the total size of them all zipped together?

http://www.sendspace.com/