Shane long = Brett ormerod

studentsaint

Anyone else see this comparison? Runs his socks off, perhaps does the work to benefit others and scores less due to unselfish play? I see him being very popular at st Mary's for these reasons.

I did think of this comparison too, and it's not a bad thing at all. Long is a better technical player than Brett too. I think he will prove to be a great signing.

Anyone else see this comparison? Runs his socks off, perhaps does the work to benefit others and scores less due to unselfish play? I see him being very popular at st Mary's for these reasons.

Ormerod was a great servant for Saints and perfectly suited our style - he was also a great finisher at a lower level. That's underselling Long's ability a little though.

I think so. But I hope he's more Phillips than Ormerod on his finishing. From the little I've seen on YouTube he has one key quality that Ormerod never did. He can beat a keeper on a one on one!

I think so. But I hope he's more Phillips than Ormerod on his finishing. From the little I've seen on YouTube he has one key quality that Ormerod never did. He can beat a keeper on a one on one!

Ormerod was an excellent finisher in the lower leagues, his role at Saints meant he didn't have anything like as many opportunities.

If Long manages to do this at 1'50" of the video below, he'll be very popular indeed.

[video=youtube;-1eF9eCsM6qc]

in case it isn't working...

Also supports my point about Ormerod being a good finisher when he got the chance.

Posh spice is a slapper

She likes to wear a thong

And when she's ****ging Beckham

She thinks of Shane's shlong

You fell into the very same syllable missing trap! Jeeze!

I really didn't want to go wasting my last post in such an angry way...

You fell into the very same syllable missing trap! Jeeze!

I really didn't want to go wasting my last post in such an angry way...

Read it properly. Clearly, given you'd already pointed it out I wasn't going to make the same mistake. Simply, stretching out either the 's' at the end of 'Shane's' or the 'sh' at the beginning of 'shlong' would accommodate the required syllable. Is it really too much to expect a modicum of intelligent improvisation? Well, yes, it obviously is - ****nut.