South West Trains...

Unbelievable Jeff

No need to throw insults around is there, what's it got to do with you? Considering you're nearly always wrong, and one of the least respected posters on here, I'll take that as a compliment :lol:

Glad to see you're weighing in with another valuable opinion there Whelk. Suppose you've got keep up appearances as the forum clown.

Why don't you read the thread and make an informed opinion about what's going on, or hold your peace.

The parking things solved, thanks for asking. It cost us thousands of pounds to solve, but it's solved. I hope one day you have to spend thousands of pounds of your own money to solve a problem put upon you by others. Then you may actually feel a bit of empathy, instead of trying to be a forum warrior.

Out of interest how do you level 'Particularly stupid brick wall' with not throwing insults around?

Especially as the chap seemed to be quite accepting that your opinions differed.

Also wondering if you keep a list of posters and how much respect they have? Would be good to try and climb up the list by gaining some more from my esteemed fellow posters and lose forum clown tag.

Maybe I could start a why is Steven Davis underrated thread to get some respect back.

Anyway as said in reply to DM may have been OTT but can't promise it won't happen again. Oh and I'm rarely wrong

travel on train nearly every day to various places across the region ive noticed there are two things that delay trains infrastructure (signals, track, train faults etc) and the other is passengers whom i find the more often responsible yesterday i watched about hundred people all bundle and shove each other to get on train through two doors for the life of me i couldnt work out what was wrong with the other 22 available . train arrived on time yet left over a minute late i heard one chap bemoan ""i bet i miss my connection now"" which made me think why didnt you use another ****ing door ?

Sat on a train with the air conditioning going full pelt. In February. WTF is that all about?

Sure that's not just the draft, something else SWT trains are known for? Virgin trains, by contrast, like to crank up the heat which is lovely when the poorly ventilated toilets have been collecting war trophies the whole day.

Sure that's not just the draft, something else SWT trains are known for? Virgin trains, by contrast, like to crank up the heat which is lovely when the poorly ventilated toilets have been collecting war trophies the whole day.

The CrossCountry trains definitely do have a strange smell about them...

Whisper it quietly, but Thameslink managed to run a perfectly acceptable service at peak times for an entire week this week. Genuinely shocked.

I used Thameslink for around six months to get from Haydons Road to City Thameslink/Farringdon. The service was scheduled to arrive at 08:02 but never did. I can't think of a single occasion when the train arrived on time. It would be cancelled with no notice (I remember once thinking 'hmm it's later than normal', checked the National Rail app to find it had just that second been terminated a stop before) and it would always be full. If I was lucky I might get the very last seat. The overcrowding was actually downright dangerous, people regularly fell out the doors at stations.

It was so bad that I forked out the extra £50 a month to go from Wimbledon to Waterloo and got a bus to work. I still had to stand but the service was more frequent, more reliable and a 100% safety improvement.

I might soon be back on the Hampshire commute, 06:49 from Shawford. Really looking forward to that... Though despite the horrible time of day, it's hardly ever late and there are plenty of seats even up until the last stop before London.

Everybody (except UJ) say aaaahhh.

_81007488_81007487.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31469515

My mate sent me a photo of it earlier (Waterlove). Here's the responses.

Me: I wish they'd spend more time concentrating on trains running on time.

Friend: Or running them at all - if my train hadn't been cancelled I'd have missed that gem, so every cloud...

Rubbish stats anyway - I delete my tweets a day after writing them, they're irrelevant after the 'event' (cancellations, delays, etc) and I'm know many others do as well.

Er, why?

Don't you trust people to be able to read a timestamp?

Afraid that you might get hassle from commuters that say "I read your tweet, decided not to go to work today, and was fired"?

Here's what Thameslink customers have achieved

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31067355

As a follow-up to this, I put in a claim to Thameslink for the delay on the day when the flooding at Farringdon started. I have an Oyster monthly travelcard (zones 1-5), rather than a season ticket specifically with Thameslink (for a whole variety of reasons), and as a result didn't get any sort of "enhanced" compensation. The "Anytime" single fare from East Croydon to Farringdon is £6, but I received a voucher from Thameslink for the princely sum of £2.39 :sulk: :wave:

As a follow-up to this, I put in a claim to Thameslink for the delay on the day when the flooding at Farringdon started. I have an Oyster monthly travelcard (zones 1-5), rather than a season ticket specifically with Thameslink (for a whole variety of reasons), and as a result didn't get any sort of "enhanced" compensation. The "Anytime" single fare from East Croydon to Farringdon is £6, but I received a voucher from Thameslink for the princely sum of £2.39 :sulk: :wave:

Pathetic. There needs to be some changes made to the way compensation is given, and it shouldn't just be given in voucher form.

Er, why?

Don't you trust people to be able to read a timestamp?

Afraid that you might get hassle from commuters that say "I read your tweet, decided not to go to work today, and was fired"?

It's just what I like to do, it's all irrelevant the following day, it keeps it more tidy.

As a second thought, you're a Developer ... think of it as a technical debt clean up, or daily code crunch type thing, no one needs redundant code (or moans on social media) :)

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Pathetic. There needs to be some changes made to the way compensation is given, and it shouldn't just be given in voucher form.

I've not really got any issue with vouchers being issued, but they should be for a fair value and redeemable online. Standard Network Rail vouchers are only redeemable at a ticket office.

So, been stood at the station since 06.50, 3 cancelled trains in a row, and a 3rd party waiting a meeting I am now going to be over an hour late to...

I went for the 06:54 from my station this morning and noticed that when I got to the platform, my usual train (after the 06:54) was cancelled for seemingly no reason.

Crawled through Wimbledon with no explanation. Arrived at Waterloo 8 minutes late, with no explanation. Got into the office only 5 minutes before I would have done, FFS. Now catching up on Saintsweb and emails, with coffee at the usual time.

I went for the 06:54 from my station this morning and noticed that when I got to the platform, my usual train (after the 06:54) was cancelled for seemingly no reason.

Crawled through Wimbledon with no explanation. Arrived at Waterloo 8 minutes late, with no explanation. Got into the office only 5 minutes before I would have done, FFS. Now catching up on Saintsweb and emails, with coffee at the usual time.

I'm sat outside Wimbledon at the moment. 50 minutes late and counting...

I'm sat outside Wimbledon at the moment. 50 minutes late and counting...

Signalling problem. Given they were doing engineering works in the area the weekend before, I think someone f*cked up...

I was travelling to London on Monday to have a go at doing some freelance work. £100 a day and it cost me £70 for a return. Wow. Stupidly enough a one day return costs £70 but a weekly ticket is £120.

Job was crap anyway so I'm not doing it anymore! Can't say I missed that commute but one observation I do have is that there are loads more passengers for my old train at Shawford. Seems the rising fares aren't putting anyone off.