Saints announce partnership with Under Armour

Saint-Armstrong

The shirt sponsors will be an important choice too.Probably somebody with the same vision and mission as Saints amd Under Armour. A global brand linked to fitness in some way perhaps. Anyway, good on Ralph in bringing them in.

I still think, as mentioned on an earlier thread, that it will be Garmin. Absolutely no reason to think like that except for them having been named official fitness partner almost straight after Veho were named official club sponsor. Seems that a lot of these companies are moving into personal fitness devices so that would meet your criteria. http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/explore/intosports

I still think, as mentioned on an earlier thread, that it will be Garmin. Absolutely no reason to think like that except for them having been named official fitness partner almost straight after Veho were named official club sponsor. Seems that a lot of these companies are moving into personal fitness devices so that would meet your criteria. http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/explore/intosports

Yep my thoughts too. Only issue is that UA have launched their own wearables this year so might not be happy with Garmin being stuck on "their" kit.

The Southampton Way.

On the face of it, I have always found the glitz surrounding it (or attempts at glitzing it up) a little naff and never really understood what the Southampton Way actually meant. Still don't really save for I guess Ralph knows what he is doing and the glitzyness appeals to a certain audience and is a way of selling the club.

I understood (or thought I did) that this was mainly produced for the U.S. market as a way of introducing the Saints to a new American audience, and that it was first aired on a prime time sports programme in the US.

I agree that from the usual English football standard it looks (as you said) a bit glitzy, but now we are a step up from the times when some of us stood on the Dell terraces with rain running down our neck. I've recommened a viewing to several Swedish colleagues who are Prem fans, and they thought it to be impressive.

Anyone know how much the deal is worth?

Saint Armstrong said it was a 5-year-deal worth £8m a season (£40m total) before the deal was announced.

Now we know it's over 7 years, I don't know whether those figures are still accurate or not, £40m over 7 years is £5.71m a year.

Saint Armstrong said it was a 5-year-deal worth £8m a season (£40m total) before the deal was announced.

Now we know it's over 7 years, I don't know whether those figures are still accurate or not, £40m over 7 years is £5.71m a year.

Yep, I heard that but have been unable to get clarification. Would be good to know so we can compare to rest of division...anyone?

Yep, I heard that but have been unable to get clarification. Would be good to know so we can compare to rest of division...anyone?

It worth less than Spurs' deal signed in 2011.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1364276/Tottenham-announce-50m-kit-deal-Under-Armour.html

Although clearly we have some unquantifiable benefits also.

^

From the Guardian just now:

1m ago

12:58

12 min Glenn Hoddle, the BT Sport co-commentator, has already made four or five excellent tactical points – the sort somebody who hasn’t played would never pick up. He could have been one of the great coaches.

• 1 year later...
Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank said Monday evening he is leaving President Donald Trump's manufacturing council.

According to Plank, the sportswear company "engages in innovation and sports, not politics." The American Manufacturing Council has been the focus of politic attentions since Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier resigned earlier Monday, citing his "responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism."

Plank, for his part, only hinted at the recent white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. Frazier departed following Trump's apparent unwillingness over the weekend to single out white supremacists.

"I love our country and our company and will continue to focus my efforts on inspiring every person that they can do anything through the power of sport which promotes unity, diversity and inclusion," Plank said in a statement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/14/under-armour-ceo-kevin-plank-says-he-is-leaving-trumps-manufacturing-council.html