Saints 1-2 Foxes - Post Match

Saint86

Of the top 6?

Lukaku

Kane

Giroud/Morata

Kane isn’t a traditional target man

Don’t know about Sarri but neither Morata or Giroud definite starters and Hazard played there a few times.

Questionable how successful Utd are these days. Lukaku has as many poor games as he has good and they quite often the games that count

While a agree that a target man such as Pelle would suit a current style, most of the successful teams at the moment do not have one. Our problem is that we play as though we have a target man and need adapt our style to create chances for the more mobile type of striker such as Ings or Gabbi. If we want to try playing with a target man - how about Sam Gallagher alongside Danny Ings?

We do lack a central figure in my opinion. If you look at our strikers, only Austin is the player you'd consider to be a central striker. Ings, Gabbiadini, Long are more support players.

You need someone like Murray, Denney, Benteke, Tosun - someone who can be a central figure, someone you can build the play around. They can then help bring others into play.

We seem to be a team who doesn't really know how it wants to play, caught between two styles without any real way to play either. A confused recruitment strategy and odd squad management have left us in a bit of a mess.

We do lack a central figure in my opinion. If you look at our strikers, only Austin is the player you'd consider to be a central striker. Ings, Gabbiadini, Long are more support players.

You need someone like Murray, Denney, Benteke, Tosun - someone who can be a central figure, someone you can build the play around. They can then help bring others into play.

We seem to be a team who doesn't really know how it wants to play, caught between two styles without any real way to play either. A confused recruitment strategy and odd squad management have left us in a bit of a mess.

I'm not so sure about that the one thing about saints, since we returned to the PL, is we have consistently been one of the biggest crossers of the ball in the league. Normally being in the top two for crosses every season. It has been our main attacking outlet every season regardless of manager.

That's what makes our recent recruitment of attackers so ****ing frustrating we've bought a whole bunch of attacking players that don't work well with the way we constantly attack teams.

I'm not so sure about that the one thing about saints, since we returned to the PL, is we have consistently been one of the biggest crossers of the ball in the league. Normally being in the top two for crosses every season. It has been our main attacking outlet every season regardless of manager.

That's what makes our recent recruitment of attackers so ****ing frustrating we've bought a whole bunch of attacking players that don't work well with the way we constantly attack teams.

I think that's right 'though what you might prefer to call crosses - which implies purposeful - are to me little more than speculative lobs into the box. Real crosses should be high, low, fast, slow all with purpose. We never seem able for example to drive crosses across the 6 yard box form the bye-line with speed for players to run onto, if we did Gabbiadini & Ings would excel.

Worrying some of the comments on the o/s with the "unlucky" & "poor me" type of feel. Especially from the manager, we were not "outstanding" before their goal, we were ok and then went to **** as soon as we scored.

We have got exactly what we have deserved from our 1st 3 games, 1 poxy point.