Episode 87 (post- Chelsea) - Total Saints Podcast (feat. Antti Niemi)

TotalSaintsPod

Its another packed episode of TSP this week, as we reflect on Saints 4-1 loss versus Chelsea, before previewing the post-International break fixture against Wolves.

If that’s not enough, we have our first Total Recall of this season (alongside Will from Saints Archive) – which features former goalkeeper Antti Niemi – before giving away a #CompletelyDeluded t-shirt to one of our TSP Patrons (thanks to Billy Sh*te for being such a great sport throughout!).

With Steve away celebrating his birthday (and watching the NFL!), Ben, Adam and Lucy are the ‘on duty’ TSP87 panelists.

Should you wish to listen to the Podcast, you can via the below links (or your favourite other Podcast channel):

iTunes: https://apple.co/2IgVmMA

Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2R0d0Ee

SoundCloud: https://bit.ly/2p0RJ4V

acast: https://bit.ly/2rDv9gW

On a positive - we're still not in the relegation zone AND there is now two weeks off!! :lol:

UTS

Been listening for quite a while now and have enjoyed for the most part, however the propensity to try and extract positivity from obvious train crashes can be nauseating at times. Would it be more interesting and relevant if you discussed with open honesty and let’s hear more analysis of the rather numerous short comings which are causing us issues with the lack of coaching, tactical issues and our players turning their backs to the ball when facing shots like 8 year olds in a Tyro league match....

Too much skimming the surface and positive ‘spin’ Nice but not very nitty gritty....

Acceptance of mediocrity is one of the reasons we are lacking motivation and ambition leading to **** poor performance.....!

Been listening for quite a while now and have enjoyed for the most part, however the propensity to try and extract positivity from obvious train crashes can be nauseating at times. Would it be more interesting and relevant if you discussed with open honesty and let’s hear more analysis of the rather numerous short comings which are causing us issues with the lack of coaching, tactical issues and our players turning their backs to the ball when facing shots like 8 year olds in a Tyro league match....

Too much skimming the surface and positive ‘spin’ Nice but not very nitty gritty....

Acceptance of mediocrity is one of the reasons we are lacking motivation and ambition leading to **** poor performance.....!

It’s a fine line unfortunately. On the occasions we have been ‘negative’ - people have complained about a lack of balance/perspective! So we’ll keep to the style we have, which is not going too overboard - win, lose or draw!

A great listen as always but is there any chance that Lucy Highnett can actually complete a whole sentence without using the "kind of" or "kind a". She says it all the time and it really grates after a while.

I’m sure it’s equally as annoying hearing my regular go to ‘grates’ as well (‘I guess’, ‘sort of’, ‘in terms of’ etc!) ;)

B

I know you’re an oddball Christopher but if you think the podcast is irrationally positive, you’re crazier than I thought. Grant is a natural curmudgeon and sceptic while Leitch consistently tells it how he sees it -whether it’s the failings in previous recruitment, behind-the-scenes uncertainty or tempering expectations around Ralph despite his close links to the club. The presenter tries to probe the others views by outlining the case for the other side but that’s simply a common and sensible interviewing technique. I don’t listen, watch or read much, if any, fan-created material which finds itself having to take more extreme and cartoonish positions to differentiate itself from traditional media but the podcast is an exception and it gets the balance and coverage just about spot on.

Edited by shurlock

I know you’re an oddball Christopher but if you think the podcast is irrationally positive, you’re crazier than I thought. Grant is a natural curmudgeon and sceptic while Leitch consistently tells it how he sees it -whether it’s the failings in previous recruitment, behind-the-scenes uncertainty or tempering expectations around Ralph despite his close links to the club. The presenter tries to probe the others views by outlining the case for the other side but that’s simply a common and sensible interviewing technique. I don’t listen, watch or read much, if any, fan-created material which finds itself having to take more extreme and cartoonish positions to differentiate itself from traditional media but the podcast is an exception and it gets the balance and coverage just about spot on.

Not you again! You seem to be a bit of a stalker which is very odd indeed.... Talking of ‘Oddballs’