English Defence League Southampton

bigtonesfc

Calling someone a fat c[]nt is no different from calling someone a slanty eyed c[]nt - they're both just physical characteristics after all...

One is a physical characteristic of a race, the other isn't (unless you're American... DAMN, sucked in, I'm such a racist.)

One is a physical characteristic of a race, the other isn't (unless you're American... DAMN, sucked in, I'm such a racist.)

People generally have a choice whether to be fat or not, but short, tall or to an extent, bald people have as much control over their physical charcteristics as they have as to where they were born.

It's not a tough one at all.

Calling someone a fat c[]nt is no different from calling someone a slanty eyed c[]nt - they're both just physical characteristics after all...

However, in this PC world that we've created, one of them is technically illegal to do, whilst the other [by lack of legal classification] is completely acceptable.

MOG asks where do you draw the line, and morally there should be no line drawn at all, if calling someone black is offensive, then also calling someone baldy is also offensive, end of argument, nothing more to discuss!

Therefore cracking jokes about Englishmen, Irishmen, Scotsmen IS racist and unacceptable, and cracking jokes about fatties and baldies is also unacceptable.

There should be nothing for people to complain about as this is the world our 'society' has created. Welcome to humourless Britain :(

if your humour mostly consists of calling people 'baldy' i doubt your jokes will be missed, weston pooper saint

First time i've clicked on this thread, thought it was a thread about a league table for the best defenders.

Read about EDL this morning, I see the pro's, I see the con's. I for one won't be getting involved and it doesn't need to be brought to our family friendly club. Keep it away from football.

First time i've clicked on this thread, thought it was a thread about a league table for the best defenders.

Read about EDL this morning, I see the pro's, I see the con's. I for one won't be getting involved and it doesn't need to be brought to our family friendly club. Keep it away from football.

Totally agree Master Bates. I only read this because this forum has been mentioned in the Echo today in this respect.

I really can't see why Granty and Baj allow this sort of sh!te on here at all.

I presume they don't condone it.

Totally agree Master Bates. I only read this because this forum has been mentioned in the Echo today in this respect.

I really can't see why Granty and Baj allow this sort of sh!te on here at all.

I presume they don't condone it.

Hmmmmm, totally see your point but have to ask if, in the spirit of an open and democratic society, it might be construed as censorship by Granty and Baj if they didn't allow it?

From my view the racists are in the wrong BUT if I don't get to read what they are trying to do how do I get to raise my voice against it?

A bit of a double eged sword really because my gut instinct is indeed to remove it. But it needs to be out in the open so that we can see it for what, in my opinion, it is. Pure poison, as is any extremism!

Hmmmmm, totally see your point but have to ask if, in the spirit of an open and democratic society, it might be construed as censorship by Granty and Baj if they didn't allow it?

From my view the racists are in the wrong BUT if I don't get to read what they are trying to do how do I get to raise my voice against it?

A bit of a double eged sword really because my gut instinct is indeed to remove it. But it needs to be out in the open so that we can see it for what, in my opinion, it is. Pure poison, as is any extremism!

I'm all for censoring rascist bigots - easy decision in my book.

Allowing this thread to continue sullies the reputation of the forum imho

Anyone who signs up to the EDL is a joke. All their members are knuckle dragging skin heads who should sit down, shut up and attempt to broaden their horizons a bit more. All of them have 'Little England' syndrome and feel that they need to remind people that England is a powerful influential country...WHEN IT IS NOT!

I'm all for censoring rascist bigots - easy decision in my book.

Allowing this thread to continue sullies the reputation of the forum imho

I can see both sides of the argument though I did mention 100's of posts ago the whole idea of the EDL made me very uneasy and their links to the BNP left me in no doubt that they are a racist organisation. I thought about a week ago that this thread had run its course anyway but somehow it keeps resurfacing. I think all that needs to be said on this unsavoury topic has been said TBH.

From The Echo, don't think it has been posted ?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4663165.Right_wing_extremists_target_Saints_fans/

As discussed previously:

"The Echo can reveal Saints this week ordered Facebook to remove the club’s crest from an EDL campaign group founded on the social networking website ."

Edited by chrisobee

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4663165.Right_wing_extremists_target_Saints_fans/

As discussed previously:

"The Echo can reveal Saints this week ordered Facebook to remove the club’s crest from an EDL campaign group founded on the social networking website ."

bloody hell....:smt103

to be honest..i dont think the OP of this thread set out to target saints fans..he has been posting on this site for ages...

As discussed previously:

Indeed, your post 616 slightly superceded by my post 609. Although I did use a hyperlink so it was not obvious. Sorry to be pendantic. Gotcha!

Mark (Mike ?) Abraham from Saints In The Community (SMS) spoke to me during the week. The club have, along with various other clubs concerned, requested Facebook to remove Copywrite images from their web site. More info here in today's daily Echo.

bloody hell....:smt103

to be honest..i dont think the OP of this thread set out to target saints fans..he has been posting on this site for ages...

You're probably right but it is never wise to embrace such groups without doing plenty of research. One thing this thread has done I believe is to expose the true nature of the EDL.

You're probably right but it is never wise to embrace such groups without doing plenty of research. One thing this thread has done I believe is to expose the true nature of the EDL.

And according to the Echo the EDL membership in the Southampton region has risen by 175 in the last week.

You can draw your own conclusions from those statistics...

And according to the Echo the EDL membership in the Southampton region has risen by 175 in the last week.

You can draw your own conclusions from those statistics...

Given the historical (and sometimes mythical) link between the extreme right wing and some football 'fans', my conclusion is......

I'm not surprised

I'm not one to call for censorship, but in this case, I think this thread should really be closed now. It's been clear to many of us for ages that the OP was an EDL/BNP organiser, and it does us, collectively, no favours to have this thread run on.

I'm not one to call for censorship, but in this case, I think this thread should really be closed now. It's been clear to many of us for ages that the OP was an EDL/BNP organiser, and it does us, collectively, no favours to have this thread run on.

Agreed, post no 615.